+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Should we get AOE healing tweaks in conquest?

Rift Disciple

Default Should we get AOE healing tweaks in conquest?

What's everyone's opinion on this? I find it frustrating when the raid I'm put into won't stay together or when they start dying off. At that point, I'm still surrounded by a lot of people on my team but I can't heal any of them.

What's everyone elses thoughts?

Yes, I find it frustrating, too.

But I find more frustrating the zerg of people mindlessly moving like a swarm of insects, not even paying attention if any healer is near them or falling behind 50 meters.
    If they want to play this way, they don't deserve heals.

When people will go in small groups, stay near the healers in their raid, and try to actually outplay the opponents (and not just outnumber them), then our aoe heals will be as valuable as they used to be.
    Last edited by Tegolas; 07-09-2012 at 07:12 AM.

It is a concern and surely annoying. As a temporary fix unti Trion thinks about ways to address this, I would recommend going cabicar to get your tags in =) Plenty of DPS and most of the time more HPS than any DoL or warden spec in conquest.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Oh good, I'm not the only one finding this frustrating.
    I want to heal people so baaaaaad, but they're not in my raid, LOL

Curious to see how this is addressed...and hopefully, it WILL be addressed...

I literally bailed on a Conquest match to join a regular warfront because there's only one raid and my AoE heals aren't useless
    Last edited by actionvapor; 07-10-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Plane Touched

An option or an item that makes heals hit anyone in the area (keeping maximum target ofc) would be nice I guess...

Also is it possible to give priority to raid members for the name display ? There is a limit on the number of name displayed on the screen, I would like to always have my raid members or guild members before other players...

Prophet of Telara

I agree totally, I brought up this issue on the pts and on live it is even worse. And for those that say stick with your group, which one? The 3 that go this way or the 4 that go this way or the 5 that go this way.

Lets say you do find a group of 10 to follow, the longer you play the more people start going on their own way. And if you die as healer, good luck finding even 4 in your raid to heal with your AOE heals.

That is why I am thinking of going cabicar, might as well tag as many people you can to get credit.

Quote Originally Posted by cokronk View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on this? I find it frustrating when the raid I'm put into won't stay together or when they start dying off. At that point, I'm still surrounded by a lot of people on my team but I can't heal any of them.

I've got a tremendous amount of raid healing experience in about 5-6 major MMORPGS and one thing is certain: Either dps and lag is out of control or both.

Either way, my advice to everyone is to just have fun and not take the open world pvp experience here too seriously. If you look too closely, all you will find is faults.
    Last edited by Valarion; 07-10-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Ascendant

It'd be interesting to see aoe heals hitting people outside of your raid.

Sword of Telara

I propose a new way of doing things.

Proxy Parties:

A new UI that replaces the standard raid bars and instead puts you into a temporary party. Temporary party members are people that are closest to you. The Proxy Party limit is 40 members and will only display Health bars. If players leave 50 meters from your location, they are removed from the party automatically. All AoE heals will work like normal and there will be no change in how party members interact with each other. The only change is that whoever is closest to you is in your group and if they leave your area, they are automatically removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Prophet of Telara

My main issue is its hard or impossible to do anything other than spam aoe heals when those who attack you havent loaded or proly wont ever load while you deal with a max framerate of 7.

Healing flood>Ripple. target the front runners and spam SS to get em all with running hots > healing communion>aoe cleanse - rinse and repeat until CQ desides to suddenly draw more players close to you and you realize you're 1 raid vs 3 and that instead of healing you should have been running away

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post
    I propose a new way of doing things.

Proxy Parties:

A new UI that replaces the standard raid bars and instead puts you into a temporary party. Temporary party members are people that are closest to you. The Proxy Party limit is 40 members and will only display Health bars. If players leave 50 meters from your location, they are removed from the party automatically. All AoE heals will work like normal and there will be no change in how party members interact with each other. The only change is that whoever is closest to you is in your group and if they leave your area, they are automatically removed.
    This actually sounds like a very reasonable and needed way of handling raids in Conquest.

How hard would it be for them to make aoe heals simply target friendly targets nearby, with people in your raid getting preference over people not in your raid?

Ascendant

Heals are fine imho, AOE dmg is to much or should stack less.

im against dynamic raids, it will encourage people to not play together even more.

make aoe heal: "heals 20 friendly within 50m". Smart heal, own raidmembers with higher priority.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 07-11-2012 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    It is a concern and surely annoying. As a temporary fix unti Trion thinks about ways to address this, I would recommend going cabicar to get your tags in =) Plenty of DPS and most of the time more HPS than any DoL or warden spec in conquest.
    ^
    This.

Its nearly impossible to viably heal in conquest. Between the raids never sticking together, people running in and out of range, and the mass amounts of CC dropping every which way.... its just bad.

Hence.. just go cabicar... get your tags in on the enemy... and put out some passive healing.

Folks can complain about heals all they want, but until the healing situation is changed or people learn to stick with their raids.... its not even worth the headache trying to heal.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cokronk View Post

Yes

/10char
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast