+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Corporal Punishment

Telaran

Default Corporal Punishment

Why is this based on chance at all?

Why not turn it into:

15% increased damage of your life and death based abilities for 12 seconds ->> 20% - 40% -60% -80%-100% chance to proc.

5/5 talent will be 100% chance to proc: 15% damage for 12 seconds. Not 50% chance. It seems kind of weird and unnecessary to make this chance based when it's supposed to have 100% uptime anyway.

I've noticed a lot of RNG with the cleric class. This is inherently bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Implying View Post

Why not turn it into:

15% increased damage of your life and death based abilities for 12 seconds ->> 20% - 40% -60% -80%-100% chance to proc.

5/5 talent will be 100% chance to proc: 15% damage for 12 seconds. Not 50% chance. It seems kind of weird and unnecessary to make this chance based when it's supposed to have 100% uptime anyway.

It's a legacy from when it used to proc from crits. There are others in the trees as well such as Lust for Blood. They were nerfed to a flat proc chance sometime ago, I think before the crit cap was implemented but I'm not certain.

Telaran

okay if its a left over. Why wasn't it just changed anyway? Not really an excuse to leave it in like that.

I assume you're also talking about serendipity? That seems fine because its a proc that affects the next cast.

Lust for blood is a proc that also affects the next cast.

Having a buff which requires 100% uptime with a CHANCE to crit is pointless. just give it 100% chance....

okay if its a left over. Why wasn't it just changed anyway? Not really an excuse to leave it in like that.

I assume you're also talking about serendipity? That seems fine because its a proc that affects the next cast.

Lust for blood is a proc that also affects the next cast.

Having a buff which requires 100% uptime with a CHANCE to crit is pointless. just give it 100% chance....

It used to be based off of crit, but was changed. As it is now I hardly ever see it run out when I'm on a boss fight, so I really don't see an issue with it.

As far as just making it 100% uptime, well that gets into the same line as why not just make all buffs aura with no time, or just make everything passive. RPGmmo's are designed around the fairly standard RPG design where the majority of stuff was based on dice rolls, and frankly I don't see a reason to get away from that. I'm not a fan of the set chance for stuff though, if there is a chance for something I should have the ability to maximize that chance if I choose to. Though I also understand why trion moved away from that design.

it is way better than what it use to be. Lower geared clerics stood no chance dps or healing wise vs others due to needing high crit. Lust for blood, serendipity, and CP were the skills changed to a flat %. Any additional fixes would be game changing.
    Last edited by Calibrex; 07-08-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Ascendant

And the troll is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    And the troll is back.
    Welcome Back

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Welcome Back
    lol

/10char

Plane Touched

Maybe you should ask on WoW forums, they should have the answer.

Why not turn it into:

But one problem with your suggestion is that your solution is also RNG based. With this change, Bolt N Jolt specs would go 2/5 or 3/5 corporal punishment to free up more points for Symbol of Corruption/Clinging Spirit. So Bolt N Jolt, our top dps spec, would stay RNG.

I've always thought CP was annoying. It's probably there just to stop us from facepulling more often with SH/BoD at the start of a pull, and to blunt 51 inq's ridiculous up-front damage in PvP. I'd be happy if they changed it to a 5x stacking of 3% dmg per life/death attack instead of pure RNG though.

Not sure why there is so much hostility in this thread, it seems like a legitimate discussion.

@Ahov. Are you the 'top' player someone mentioned? Do you have a guild that kills maelforge weekly?.
    I don't know No Quarter's record for Maelforge kills, but yes they are the world first, and yes he is a top player.

In answer to your OP - yes the cleric class is full of RNG and it's in dire need of a full make-over. We live in hope....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Implying
    Is he a raider. Is he guilded? Is he able to consistently clear current content every week?

If the answer to these questions is no. Then I don't really want to have anything to do with this person.
    Are you a raider ? Are you guilded ? Are you able to consistently clear current content every week ?

If the answer to these questions is no. Then We don't really want to listen your "advices".

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    Are you a raider ? Are you guilded ? Are you able to consistently clear current content every week ?

If the answer to these questions is no. Then We don't really want to listen your "advices".
    Last I heard he had made it to level 16 but kept wiping in dungeons because he couldn't manage his mana and the tank kept dying.
    Nope.

Champion of Telara

Corporal Punishment
    Is that what you get when trying to play a cleric as a DPS role?
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post

It's like Guess who!

Implying, are you Mippo?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast