+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arcavia

Thread: Non-Melee Combat Healing Build

Default Non-Melee Combat Healing Build

So I just returned to Rift about 3 weeks ago. I left shortly after HK was released so it was a long time back. A lot has changed and I find myself searching for a good healing build. What I am not liking is all the talk about these xxxxx-icar specs. What I mean is, are all clerics now like a battle cleric? Do we all need to do DPS now just to heal? If that is the case I will just play a chloro. I want to play like I used to play. I want to heal, I do not want to run up and smack a boss in the face to heal. I guess I am old school and used to just throwing heals.

Any suggestions on a build where I can just concentrate on healing and not have to DPS to provide heals? Right now I am a 51 point Warden. Thanks!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arcavia View Post
    So I just returned to Rift about 3 weeks ago. I left shortly after HK was released so it was a long time back. A lot has changed and I find myself searching for a good healing build. What I am not liking is all the talk about these xxxxx-icar specs. What I mean is, are all clerics now like a battle cleric? Do we all need to do DPS now just to heal? If that is the case I will just play a chloro. I want to play like I used to play. I want to heal, I do not want to run up and smack a boss in the face to heal. I guess I am old school and used to just throwing heals.

Any suggestions on a build where I can just concentrate on healing and not have to DPS to provide heals? Right now I am a 51 point Warden. Thanks!
    For cleric healing the only direct healing role where you don't damage a boss is Purifier. It's only ideal for tank healing in ID though, since HK bosses deal light damage that a chloro can handle quite well.

Well that is not good news for me. Nothing against all you DPS types, but it is not how I like to heal. The two roles I always enjoy are tanking and healing. Not sure why Rift would change everything to where everyone has to DPS a boss to kill it. Why are Clerics even needed if a Chloro can do damage and healing as well.

I am not into raiding yet, and as it stands I really want to keep my Warden spec cause that is what I have been since head start. If healing in Rift is always going to stay like this, then maybe I will have to find another universe to play in. I know that sounds dumb and all but I am just an old school healer ;) Thanks anyhow for your reply.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arcavia View Post
    Well that is not good news for me. Nothing against all you DPS types, but it is not how I like to heal. The two roles I always enjoy are tanking and healing. Not sure why Rift would change everything to where everyone has to DPS a boss to kill it. Why are Clerics even needed if a Chloro can do damage and healing as well.

I am not into raiding yet, and as it stands I really want to keep my Warden spec cause that is what I have been since head start. If healing in Rift is always going to stay like this, then maybe I will have to find another universe to play in. I know that sounds dumb and all but I am just an old school healer ;) Thanks anyhow for your reply.
    I mean, if you're not really into raiding then it doesn't matter what you run tbh.

Depends how you define healing and dps really.

The senticar spec is undoubtedly the most versatile and efficent healer for all pre ID content, however it does rely upon you hitting the mob to 'charge up' your insta cast AoE heal. Asides from this is a regular healing class with straight heals bot insta cast and induction, ST and AoE.

Provided your happy with hitting a mob occasionally to keep your convictions up, you can probably heal all content in a playstle to suit you with this spec.

You can probably cover most stuff with the 51 warden if your good at playing it and know the encounters so that you can be using the right skills at the right time.

Certainly between these two and a purifer you can cover everything you'll need to heal in the game. However, if your raid is falling short of DPS checks then every little bit counts and being able to help the team by playing a DPS healer can make the difference between win and fail.

For example, my guilds first kill on general silgen, which was asteep DPS check for us when RotP first opened was healed with a bard, a chloro/pyro cleanser and a mein of agression inquisicar or we would have failed it.

I would say that you should play whatever suits you, but keep in mind that rift is a game that depends upon each players ability to be versatile and adaptive to situations, hence we have 6 roles to play with.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

If you arent in a min/max guild and are doing HK, it really doesn't matter. Go full heals.
    ID, 51 puri.

+ Reply to Thread