Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why is cleric healing so poor

Telaran

Default Why is cleric healing so poor

Okay so I'm new to the game.

But is it just me, or can mages do everything a cleric can and more?

I hit level 16. And I've seen this 'senticar' spec thrown around a lot. Seems kind of terrible if you ask me. Half your gcd's aren't spent healing.

And the other half that are are healing for terrible numbers which barely fill the hp pools?

I've use mein of honor to heal with this spec. And I can only cast 6 loyalties before I'm completely out of mana.

I have a mana pool of 614. Meanwhile the Dol costs 100 exactly.

How is anyone supposed to heal a party with this awful spec.

In the mage camp, they have this lifegiving veil which heals just as much for next to no mana.

What is the point of being a cleric at all.

Aren't they supposed to be the best healers?

And I hear our damage is bad as wel?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...V0AV.Eu0o0c.-7

I have determind that this is the most effective build to heal while you dps at least. Especially useful on trash mobs. There isn't a single build out there that can beat this one. Speccing for high aoe gives big heals.

Should I just reroll to a decent class?
    Last edited by Implying; 07-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Telaran

This all stemmed from 1 incident i had today with a mage. I was healing the encounter with the low level version of this spec.

The dps kept taking their sweet time to kill even the easiest mobs.

Our tank wasn't using a good spec and he kept dying as i healed him. I told him to get a better spec but he just laughed in my face and kept failing.

So the mage told me he would heal. Naturally I told him to get lost because clerics are better healers and he just laughed in my face for no reason.

So they vote kicked me because the tank and dps weren't even doing they're job.

Is this what I can come to expect from this game? People being unfriendly and vote-kicking others who outperform them in dungeons?

So i vote
    Last edited by Implying; 07-06-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Implying View Post
    There isn't a single build out there that can beat this one.
    Well you seem pretty sure of yourself...

Your build is fun, but I've never see people use this. It's usually split into 2 different builds : Senticar replacing caba by inqui or ward (the latter gives you more mana btw), and cabicar.

Before and after level 50 are two different things. Senticar is one of the most powerful cleric specs, you don't have any issue for mana at lvl 50.

Oh, don't forget to use purpose.

Plane Walker

Clerics are the more versatile healer by far. My suggestion would be to start out with one of the pure heal specs initially - sentinel, warden or puri and don't bother with trying to get senticar working until you're a lot higher in level. The talent spread which makes the build work only fully fleshes out at higher levels and it sounds like the scaling is off for your level and gear. My personal preference at those levels is warden and sent.

Plane Touched

This all stemmed from 1 incident i had today with a mage. I was healing the encounter with the low level version of this spec.

The dps kept taking their sweet time to kill even the easiest mobs.

Our tank wasn't using a good spec and he kept dying as i healed him. I told him to get a better spec but he just laughed in my face and kept failing.

So the mage told me he would heal. Naturally I told him to get lost because clerics are better healers and he just laughed in my face for no reason.

So they vote kicked me because the tank and dps weren't even doing they're job.

Is this what I can come to expect from this game? People being unfriendly and vote-kicking others who outperform them in dungeons?

So i vote
    I'm not sure if you're a big troll or what but, if you are that smart and you are playing with people not performing well... switch to a full heal build, until you master this one.

There's something on the wind....

Apologies if this isn't the case, but as a scientist at Cern said the other day amid speculation over the discovery of the Higgs Boson: "If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck".
    Last edited by Lalothen; 07-06-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Mm. I'd say things are a little different for you at level 50 than they are at level 16.
    Abbess, Petals of Mariel-Taun
    Avatar provided kindly by Cakuu! <3

General of Telara

Senticar is a great build for solo healing expert dudungeons and masters and great for aoe raid healing. However until 50 it is not a spec I would use over a full healer. Chloroform is great but has its limitations if can't sustain damage dealing

Telaran

My story got cut-off.

I was grouped with the same mage in the next dungeon. And because he didn't know any better i just vote-kicked him instantly. Everyone was confused but i told them he was just bad and shouldnt get to play.

Plane Touched

Good story, it's time to go to bed now honey.

Should I just reroll to a decent class?
    Yes please

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gyftov View Post
    Clerics are the more versatile healer by far
    This is wrong. Mages can combine their souls with any soul and chloro. They can make pet healing and fire healing classes.

Clerics left in the dust.

I still will kick the mage next time i see him because he doesnt know anything.

Probably one thing to add would be that I wouldn't try a Senticar (or, realistically, any -icar spec) for solo-healing dungeons while levelling up. You highlight one good reason there - the mana capability is a little lacking. As I alluded to before, Senticar does get better at 50: unbuffed, I have 6108 mana and DoL costs me 261 mana.

Also, there are easier specs to use for healing, especially at your level range. Some combination of Sentinel and Warden is usually a pretty decent mixture and gets the job done nicely.

This is wrong. Mages can combine their souls with any soul and chloro. They can make pet healing and fire healing classes.
    Not entirely sure what you mean by 'pet healing' class here - to the best of my knowledge, Mages don't have a pet that can heal (Clerics do)! Similarly, not really sure what a 'fire healing' class is. The returns from using Pyromancer (especially their AoE) as a Chloromancer are really, really minuscule. Most 51 Chloromancers/ X Pyromancer mages I know of only take Pyromancer for some of the passives - not to heal with fire!
    Last edited by Annalea; 07-06-2012 at 12:58 AM.

Have you tried the sentinel tree? At level 16 you can unlock healing invocation which is extremely strong and will full-heal your tank nearly every time!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast