+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there any PVP nerf to Purifier?

Default Is there any PVP nerf to Purifier?

Does anyone know if anything in Purifier has been nerfed in PVP? I know Sent and Warden got that crap nerfed out of it, but i am wondering if i can stand in the middle of library or BG and spam healing flame on my self and let surging flames heal 5 guys around me for a 2000+. Feel like there is no decent AOE cleric healing left and healing for 500-1000 AOE just isn't cutting it.

Quote Originally Posted by FaunaShaman View Post
    Does anyone know if anything in Purifier has been nerfed in PVP? I know Sent and Warden got that crap nerfed out of it, but i am wondering if i can stand in the middle of library or BG and spam healing flame on my self and let surging flames heal 5 guys around me for a 2000+. Feel like there is no decent AOE cleric healing left and healing for 500-1000 AOE just isn't cutting it.
    You could but some rogue would probably purge it and your shields and silence you.

Rift Chaser

In response to your initial question, no, Purifier only got buffed. Restorative Flame now does not suffer push back, so you can actually cast it through AoE spam and the occasional derptard who failed to put an interrupt, stun, or knockback on their hotbar. But you shouldn't find yourself casting it very often, if you're playing Purifier right.

On to your theory -- that's not how Surging Flames works...

The total overheal gets spread evenly over whoever needs it that is in range. And it's not even the full overheal, but a percentage of it. So you don't self-heal yourself for 2K overheal and turn it into 10K. You self-overheal for 2K and end up healing those around you for like 1000 total. Can you do it? Sure. But it's not very effective.

Purifier still needs a buff to Gathering of the Ancestors in my opinion. Either directly, or through the Ancestral Soulstone greater essence. That, and Healing Blessing is almost 100% trash -- I cast it less than Restorative Flame. And it's instant. That's how bad it is.
    Last edited by Velkane; 07-05-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Overhealing for 2k will heal every person hit by surging flames for 1k

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Overhealing for 2k will heal every person hit by surging flames for 1k
    Bingo, and critical heals via R.F. (or whatever it may be) will still be a half-off heal for 50% that isn't a critical.

So let's say you healed your target with SF on them for 8000 (big numbers!). Surging flames would non-crit heal up to five people around that target for 4000.

It's pretty straight forward.

edit; to add this...

I haven't seen anything on the PTS that would denote any purifier healing nerfs to shields or direct healing.

If you are P50, with maximum runes/consumables, PA and such (like me!), you could possibly do that in Library. I know I have a few too many times to count getting called an "OMFG OP Cleric", "cheater", "hacker", the whole nine yards. However, it does need to be noted that it is a rare case that your other team are IDIOTS. Meaning which they do not know how to use purges, interrupts and other mechanics to stop me from being OP. Every buff a purifier puts up can be purged. That means, RF shield, Life of the *, Wisdom of the *, Latent Blaze. You get the idea.

edit#2; For the record, maximum gear, consumables and such (self buffed only) puts my purifier healing build to 2365 SP, 772 Crit. On top of this, I have 1473 Valor and 312 Vengeance. In turn, this causes my crit RF heals in PVP gear to heal for 6038 and the RF shield for 3157 damage. Non-crit heal, I would heal for 3548 with a RF shield for 3157 once more. My AOE shield, personal shield and ST shield, shields for 2115 damage.

Is this Over powered? Absolutely not. This is due to the gear level. Saying it's overpowered is childish. ;)

edit#3; Forgot to mention that I do not have the P50 synergy crystal yet. That thing is going to take a while to grind out. Also, a screenshot has been added of my gear/pres in case anyone is wondering.
    Attachment 7792
    Last edited by bctrainers; 07-06-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    --BC

+ Reply to Thread