+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any healing clerics feel like a boss in warfronts now?

Prophet of Telara

Default Any healing clerics feel like a boss in warfronts now?

Since hitting p50 and with only 2 items and the trinket to get, I have been noticing I am harder to kill. I think it is because of all the new P50 guys in warfonts.

I do admit, that some times I get owned. But most of the time I am a jumping fool, healing without getting interrupted.

Sword of Telara

Not even a little bit. It's redonkulous when all it takes is only one warrior to bring me down. With their interrupts, silences, ridiculous anti-kiting tools, uncleansable healing debuff, and 2.3k Critical hits; it's near impossible for me to deal with one. Shall I mention I'm at 1300 Valor? Shall I also mention I have nearly every defensive ability in Justicar and a maxed out PA PVP Tree?

Crowd control is so beyond useless, I don't even have it on my hotbar anymore.

"Oh, you knocked me back with Crushing Wave/Excommunicate? LOL BULLRUSH!"
    "Oh, you're trying to snare me? LOL RIFTWALK!"

Seriously depressing when all it takes to shut down my team is one warrior not being payed any attention for 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Ive always been a boss...so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Ive always been a boss...so no.
    lol I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post
    Not even a little bit. It's redonkulous when all it takes is only one warrior to bring me down. With their interrupts, silences, ridiculous anti-kiting tools, uncleansable healing debuff, and 2.3k Critical hits; it's near impossible for me to deal with one. Shall I mention I'm at 1300 Valor? Shall I also mention I have nearly every defensive ability in Justicar and a maxed out PA PVP Tree?

Crowd control is so beyond useless, I don't even have it on my hotbar anymore.

"Oh, you knocked me back with Crushing Wave/Excommunicate? LOL BULLRUSH!"
    "Oh, you're trying to snare me? LOL RIFTWALK!"

Seriously depressing when all it takes to shut down my team is one warrior not being payed any attention for 5 seconds.
    This

And its not just warriors... Rogues or Mages can easily counter anything a cleric can do as well with the right builds.... while a cleric does not have the CC or general utility in any spec to really respond. And yes i can PvP just fine for both dps and heals.... and have 1300+ Valor also.. but that doesnt mean the class doesn't need help.

Ascendant

I feel like a boss with 2579Sp and 454 veng full p50 everything (self buff)... It hurts just a little... Cabicar in conquest drops about 11kdps and 2800 hps on da zergs with the sweet double shields...
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 07-05-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Champion

My warrior alt, possibly becoming my main is now rank 26. I can often solo kill cleric healers without too much trouble. Im in all pvp gear, no pve 4 set or anything. Low PA, maybe 12k. Just enough to have most of the good stuff in pvp and 2nd tier in one tree for weapon enchant.

I mainly use 5 buttons:

Dps macro
    Finisher macro(off gcd, so i just tap it while holding down dps macro)
    Skillstorm
    Bullrush
    Riftwalk

Not optimal but works well enough to be far superior to what a dps cleric can do.

Passively applies lingering wounds while facerolling around with macro held down.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    Not optimal but works well enough to be far superior to what a dps cleric can do.
    While you are killing one scrub cleric I am killing your whole raid......
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 07-05-2012 at 05:06 AM.
    "bros to come at me!"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Rifstorm
    Earth Burst
    Storm Burst.

Aoe finishers (no gcd on eb and sb) and i have half the raid heal debuffed.

Cabalist aoe is strong if 66pts dps. But two good clerics will unfortunately heal through it.

And im sure you know that you drop like a rock if any dps decides to look at you for five seconds (like my low rank warrior alt) .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    Rifstorm
    Earth Burst
    Storm Burst.

Aoe finishers (no gcd on eb and sb) and i have half the raid heal debuffed.

Cabalist aoe is strong if 66pts dps. But two good clerics will unfortunately heal through it.

And im sure you know that you drop like a rock if any dps decides to look at you for five seconds (like my low rank warrior alt) .
    I hold my own.. 1 dps cannot kill me in 5 seconds tho..
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 07-05-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    "bros to come at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Assuming that raid does not have a healer of their own.

Sorry, despite epeen, cab is the easiest aoer to heal by far.
    I do wish people would be realistic sometimes.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Assuming that raid does not have a healer of their own.

Sorry, despite epeen, cab is the easiest aoer to heal by far.
    I do wish people would be realistic sometimes.
    I've only done a couple Conquests, but my experience has been that trying to heal, especially AoE heal, is a lost cause due to how the Raid groups get configured at the start. I quit trying to heal in Conquest PUGs.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    I've only done a couple Conquests, but my experience has been that trying to heal, especially AoE heal, is a lost cause due to how the Raid groups get configured at the start. I quit trying to heal in Conquest PUGs.
    It can be done, but yeah a pain in this ***. Although I am fortunate enough to be in the seastone cluster where, eventually, they end up zerging together for the most part, where i do switch to warden, but if I'm running with a Zerg that is not apart of my raid i run cabbicar and the 2-3 people around me at least gets splash and shielding, enough for them to run back and forth.

However that doesn't change the fact that cab damage is very easy to heal, especially since its so predictable.
    Last edited by Eughe; 07-05-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Since hitting p50 and with only 2 items and the trinket to get, I have been noticing I am harder to kill. I think it is because of all the new P50 guys in warfonts.

I do admit, that some times I get owned. But most of the time I am a jumping fool, healing without getting interrupted.
    WTH Ty.........

Have you played a healer in any other MMORPG? The healer goes down quicker than a hooker on a bus full of boy scouts in Rift.

I'd say you just arent facing any real Defiant right now. Again, real competition you arent just gonna die, you are gonna Fing EXPLODE.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Valarion View Post
    WTH Ty.........

Have you played a healer in any other MMORPG? The healer goes down quicker than a hooker on a bus full of boy scouts in Rift.

I'd say you just arent facing any real Defiant right now. Again, real competition you arent just gonna die, you are gonna Fing EXPLODE.
    I quit playing on Seastone a few weeks ago, but Tyaus seemed to be running a pretty deep Justicar spec (20+) the last I saw. You will feel a bit like a boss when you have a blue bar and run a tank spec. Clerics can "tank" in PvP pretty well, simply because of that blue bar. Especially if you bait with HI hardcasts -- nothin' draws hate faster than a 3s hardcast from a bluebar.

And if you are successful in baiting, retreating to pull people back to die, and hot-swapping Miens to heal when needed, you can be reasonably useful to your team.
    Last edited by Velkane; 07-05-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast