+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing spec for instance leveling?

General of Telara

Default Healing spec for instance leveling?

Just hit 39 and I have like 4 months of rested exp to burn through while using pots so I can get to 50 fast. Just wondering what the best healing spec would be? Right now using 31 sent 19 purifier but wondering if going Purifier to level would be better? Seems to be more tank oriented and either they buffed threat while I was gone or tanks got better because DPS hardly ever take damage. Or should I just use my Inquisicar spec so I can DPS as well?

not really sure what skills you have available at 39 but I would defintely recommend trying out senticar
    DoL (from Just) for instant strong group heals and HI (from Sent) for tank heals
    you can find a build/guide in my sig

Rift Disciple

For levelling, things are fairly easy to cope with the wide and varied range of levels, gear and skills on show while doing them. It will depend a lot on your group make-up as to how easy or hard things are, but in general you should manage fine in just about any build.

I levelled my cleric using instances quite a bit, switching between tanking and healing (which I now do at end game as well) and found that getting a low level under-geared tank made things fairly interesting to heal, as well as dps who failed to avoid damage...the usual things that happen in PuGs. But if you get a high level geared tank then it can actually get quite boring....even more so if you have an -icar cleric along putting out heals and a competent support soul bard putting out some extra group heals.

Senticar, as action said, is great for levelling healing - you get some very nice instant group heals. My only advice would be if you plan on healing at end game then just jump straight in and start using pure healing builds so you know your class better. Purifier is more a tank-heal build so for levelling and 5-man instances it's not really great (it will do in levelling but it just doesn't have the bells and whistles of the other two souls).

My personal favourite was Warden for levelling, but if you build yourself in both Warden and Sentinal equally then you get the best of both worlds....instant HoT spells for cushioning damage (buys more time for other heals) and big castable heals for topping off those who need it (including some large AoE healing mechanics).

As long as you know your spells and can read the situation properly then most healing builds will do fine for levelling, just find something you feel comfortable with and play around so you know the souls inside out by end-game

Rift Disciple

rested exp doesnt stack to 4months
    at most you'll get 2 and a half lvls
    dump all your points to sent, leveling dungeons are fairly easy so any spec can cope. Just make sure your gear is same level

Rift Chaser

I use full purifier when leveling. Its worked well so far. How well this works really depends on how well the tank is. If they are super squishie it helps but if they suck at holding aggro you might as well go with full sentinel or puri-sent. Only thing with full purifier is you get tired of spamming restorative flame the whole time.

I always healed with pur/sent for a long time and then finally tried out senticar and it made dungeon healing waaaaaay easier and less stressful. Pur/sent is great for tank heals, but in dungeons, the tank doesn't take a ton of damage, instead there's often alot of group damage which senticar is much better equipped to handle. And senticar does fine healing the tank unless there's just crazy tons of tank damage or a phase like on LGS where heals are debuffed and you need to shield the tank.

It certainly depends on the group. The tank you run with could be a good tank, geared, and tough. But you could also end up running with a bad tank, poorly geared, and squishy. So while you might be able to heal using nothing more then occasional DoL's in one instance, you might have to be focus healing with ST heals in another. The solution for this until you outgear an instance... is a senticar of some sort. For level 39 perhaps the following:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...o.E0t0bstco.-7

You will have reparation healing while building convictions for DoL (or dpsing) with lifes vengeance, bolt of radiance, Sanction heretic, and Bolt of Judgement. You can still put out decent dps with BoJ/Vex spam. You have Righteous Mandate to put on your tank... can wear MoH for stronger passives and less threat. Have purpose for mana regen. And are deep into the sent tree allowing for strong ST healing when needed using HI, a combat rez, additional AoE healing when you can build convictions, PTF to help lower the damage on group, an AoE cleanse, and some strong cooldowns when you need em.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 07-11-2012 at 07:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread