+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the general opinion on 51 Warden?

Soulwalker

Default What's the general opinion on 51 Warden?

Hello Clerics,
    I'm using a Warden/Sentinel build for healing 5mans and raids now, and it's all fine and dandy, but I was wondering how effective would it be to dump all the points into the Warden tree.

To me, a 51 Warden looks like it would be the master of AoE healing, maybe even too much. With like... what, 4 AoE heals? I think you'd end up overhealing excessively (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I don't think a group needs that much healing, but maybe I'm thinking it wrong.

Do you use 51 Warden? For which events or fights would you recommend it?

Ascendant

I think you're basically wrong about the aoe part. Really the most practical application would be on a multi-tank encounter where the HOTs are powerful enough to be using 1 full Warden healer in place of more etc.

There's only 1 other real application i've heard of and that using multiple 51 Wardens with downpour to get a certain achievement in ROTP. I honestly don't think sent/ward takes a large enough hit in the HOTs to warrant going to a full Warden build and losing Serendipty+Healing Communion though hey, maybe there is some Wardenicar thing that might work for dealing with frequent burst aoe damage.
    Last edited by Malark; 07-02-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Plane Touched

The master of aoe healing is Senticar, nothing can beat it

As said before, Warden can be nice to keep hot stacks on 2 or 3 tanks + assist raid.

Ascendant

I find it mostly useless in ID, last time I used it in a raid setting was on Akylios and doing the rotp no priest achievement because downpour is amazing for it.

Plane Touched

Isn't it a contradiction to say that the hardest AOE healing encounter (Silgen achieve) in the game requires a spec which is not the best AOE healing spec in the game? Why don't you use senticar to heal Silgen?

I'm confused.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    Isn't it a contradiction to say that the hardest AOE healing encounter (Silgen achieve) in the game requires a spec which is not the best AOE healing spec in the game? Why don't you use senticar to heal Silgen?

I'm confused.
    Only for the achievement without the priest. Otherwise 1 senticar is enough yes.
    Last edited by kode9; 07-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    The master of aoe healing is Senticar, nothing can beat it

As said before, Warden can be nice to keep hot stacks on 2 or 3 tanks + assist raid.
    Are we talking burst AoE HPS, or sustained AoE HPS? My understanding is that a Warden's going to still be AoE healing at a steady rate long after the Sentinel went OOM from chain-casting HC.

Whether or not the sustainability of the Warden is necessary I cannot comment for PvE. It's definitely useful in PvP, with nearly every Mage running Dom.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Ascendant

I'm confused.
    Its only because of one cooldown (downpour) that makes it really good for that achievement. Outside of that, I would rather have Senticar for AE healing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    Are we talking burst AoE HPS, or sustained AoE HPS? My understanding is that a Warden's going to still be AoE healing at a steady rate long after the Sentinel went OOM from chain-casting HC.

Whether or not the sustainability of the Warden is necessary I cannot comment for PvE. It's definitely useful in PvP, with nearly every Mage running Dom.
    We're talking about keeping a raid alive, don't really care about hps ^^

I'm confused.
    Because 51 Warden gets Downpour that lasts 6 seconds once a minute, the same as the damage from incinerate. Most fights in the game do not present such a predictable pattern of heavy raid damage, and instead have less raid damage that needs to be healed every few seconds.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-05-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Shield of Telara

51 Warden is much better than Sent/Warden for Raid usage. Sent/Warden is probably better for 5 man content.

But 51 Warden doesn't really have a place (at least that I have seen) in the bosses in ID other than Drak. I like 51 warden on Drak as you can keep 2 tanks fully hotted up and the damage is not big bang damage like on Ituziel.

The strength of 51 warden is that it can tank heal constant damage on the tanks while also being a very good assist on raid healing. The weakness of 51 warden is that it has to be able to stay ahead of the damage and the new damage output in Infernal Dawn makes that very difficult. It is also not as good at raid healing compared to Senticar as it can't sustain big raid heals through a long duration like Senticar. It is amazing at raid heals for a very short burst of output.

I love my 51 warden and use it all the time but in Raids I am almost certainly either on a 51 Purifier or a Senticar instead.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    51 Warden is much better than Sent/Warden for Raid usage. Sent/Warden is probably better for 5 man content.

But 51 Warden doesn't really have a place (at least that I have seen) in the bosses in ID other than Drak. I like 51 warden on Drak as you can keep 2 tanks fully hotted up and the damage is not big bang damage like on Ituziel.

The strength of 51 warden is that it can tank heal constant damage on the tanks while also being a very good assist on raid healing. The weakness of 51 warden is that it has to be able to stay ahead of the damage and the new damage output in Infernal Dawn makes that very difficult. It is also not as good at raid healing compared to Senticar as it can't sustain big raid heals through a long duration like Senticar. It is amazing at raid heals for a very short burst of output.

I love my 51 warden and use it all the time but in Raids I am almost certainly either on a 51 Purifier or a Senticar instead.
    All they'd need to do is open up all the 5 AoE heals to 10s. Warden then would be THE AoE healer. Even ID the raid damage all thou big. Isn't big non-stop. Trion gives you time to catchup.

All Senticar is, is a leach healer. They do it instantly. In Rift is really doesn't matter you are always giving time. And if you get bad RNG. 2 blasts in a row it really doesn't matter you lose anyway.

I'd almost say a Pur and a Warden on MT heals would be the very best you could have. HoT always healing. Deluge and the HoTs does hit as hard as anything else. You have the HoT buffer inbetween. They are given a chance because a few on the forums post saying no. Others like all MMOs are sheep and follow behind blindly.

Hard to break the hold of what people think are good on the forums. Everyone have their pet builds. They play them well. They will tell you they work where others will not. Why? Because they play X build better. Play a build better doesn't make it the best:P Only makes it the best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    All they'd need to do is open up all the 5 AoE heals to 10s. Warden then would be THE AoE healer. Even ID the raid damage all thou big. Isn't big non-stop. Trion gives you time to catchup.

All Senticar is, is a leach healer. They do it instantly. In Rift is really doesn't matter you are always giving time. And if you get bad RNG. 2 blasts in a row it really doesn't matter you lose anyway.

I'd almost say a Pur and a Warden on MT heals would be the very best you could have. HoT always healing. Deluge and the HoTs does hit as hard as anything else. You have the HoT buffer inbetween. They are given a chance because a few on the forums post saying no. Others like all MMOs are sheep and follow behind blindly.

Hard to break the hold of what people think are good on the forums. Everyone have their pet builds. They play them well. They will tell you they work where others will not. Why? Because they play X build better. Play a build better doesn't make it the best:P Only makes it the best for you.
    A 51 Chloro fills the Warden spot you describe and does it better as it also provides Wild Growth and passive raid healing as well as instant heals on cooldowns, while the steady tank healing is much stronger. Indeed the combination of a Puri and a Chloro is fantastic.

Sword of Telara

I loved 51 Warden, then I started to raid.

The healing needs to tick more often. If healing ticked every .5 seconds, but for the same exact amount over time, I think it would be a lot more useful than in it's current state.

I would also like to see Deluge be more useful, as in adding a stack of Soothing Stream on your target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

+ Reply to Thread