+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric DPS falling behind

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    The lesson here? Don't argue with Ahov, you'll lose every time. Or at least 68.7% of the time.
    I see what you did there ..... I lol'd

TBH i did not take the time to read all 42 pages.. So i might be covering some stuff thats already been said b4.

Cleric dps is just not worth it to bring to a raid.

An optimal raid setup will never allow more then 2-3 clerics, healing or dpsing.

The only time u might consider having more is during some progress when u learn the fight just for the senticar spec with 2 CRs.

Mages do alot more dps and alot more healing and more utility. the only thing a cleric will bring is PoF and Clinging.

Puri is good for tank healing so u might bring 1 to help ut the 51 chloro and u need clinging and perhaps some aoe heals so u bring a inqicar with high sent for aoe dispell and PoF.

There are only a few fights that clerics are better healers. And that is when the whole raid has to move alot and there are not allways targets to hit. Other then that a chloro can do better.

So i dont see the reason that clerics need to be allmost 1k behind the top dps mage in its normal spec when we play a gimp spec that needs u to stand still in melee.

Clerics acualy was in a good place in 1.7 after u just buffed every class exept clerics.

The fact is that im rerolling warrior since there is no viable reason to have more then 3 clerics in the raid.

BB cleric forums.
    Just click it!

Quote Originally Posted by Akerling View Post
    BB cleric forums.
    But, But, you can't leave me...the signatures in the future will be so much smaller!

P.S. change that warrior's wardrobe...that stuff is whack as all hell.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Akerling View Post
    The fact is that im rerolling warrior since there is no viable reason to have more then 3 clerics in the raid.

BB cleric forums.
    You see that folks? there'll only be one doormat in Special Olympics parses now, that'll be me!
    Last edited by Byona; 07-31-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Healer's Creed has nothing to do with it. Proof (tests done with Inquisitor crystal)

Tooltip values (unaffected by healer's creed)

DoL: 1131
    +MoH: 1645

1182/1697 = 0.6875379939209726 (68.7%)

Healing received (affected by healer's creed)

DoL: 2362 crit
    +MoH: 3437

2362/3437 = 0.6872272330520803 (68.7%)

I don't why you guys are arguing with Ahov...a 50% INCREASE is ~67% of the original....basic math. I know the mighty % sign scares some of you. But its ok we did learn that in like 3rd grade.....

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    According to my parses:
    Mage is 900 dps higher than Cleric.
    Warrior is 500 dps higher than Cleric.
    Rogue is 300 dps higher than Cleric. (i believe it'll be 500 next week when Skarrj isnt dead)

At what point will it to be enough for you?
    Update: Skarrj did hit 4.9k which makes Rogues 500 dps higher than Clerics also.
    See you all in Wildstar!

We need a 10% bump up in ST DPS to be competitive with other classes. The simplest short term fix for this while we wait for SL is to buff MoA upto 40-45%.

Do it soon please Zib, we all knew it would be on the cards at some point just like MoL had to be buffed long ago. I'm not exaggerating when I say that clerics are rerolling/quitting every day. Please adjust this to help save what is left of the serious raiding cleric community before its too late.

Surely recoding MoA from 25% to 45% (yeilding roughly +10% overall damage) would be a pretty easy tweak you could put into next weeks hotfix?
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    We need a 10% bump up in ST DPS to be competitive with other classes. The simplest short term fix for this while we wait for SL is to buff MoA upto 40-45%.

Do it soon please Zib, we all knew it would be on the cards at some point just like MoL had to be buffed long ago. I'm not exaggerating when I say that clerics are rerolling/quitting every day. Please adjust this to help save what is left of the serious raiding cleric community before its too late.

Surely recoding MoA from 25% to 45% (yeilding roughly +10% overall damage) would be a pretty easy tweak you could put into next weeks hotfix?
    Yes please. As i've said before to the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like Like
    See you all in Wildstar!

Prophet of Telara

I'll be happy with 5% even. Still crawling at the bottom of them dps meters but at least wouldnt be raid-gimping bad.

And seriously, when you do a red and some random semi HK geared mage pulls 3k++ while when you struggle with perfect procs and crits in id weapons/5gearrelics to get even close to that you start to get things into perspective.
    Last edited by Alex113; 08-01-2012 at 09:20 PM.

I think one of the problems lies in the PA trees. When i compare my cleric with my warrior i see glaring flaw in the system.

Cleric depends wholly upon SP for DPS whilst warrior uses both AP + Weapon DPS. Hence throughout most weapon itemization SP is weighted alot higher than AP and it works at low gear levels and clerics are competitive.

However the PA tree skews things against us, we gain a total of 204 SP from PA's whilst my warrior gains 252 AP.

Doubling the SP from PA's would be an alternative solution to the currant imbalance instead of buffing MoA. Though neither of these suggestion is ideal. Buffing MoA would make clerics OP sub lvl 50 and at lower gear/PA levels. Whilst buffing PA's would perhaps unbalance our healing souls.

I don't see any other options for a quick easy to code fix to tide us over for the next few months while we wait for real balance in SL (lol who am i trying to kidd) and i still lean towards MoA adjustment as the better option.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Ascendant

Agreed completely!

I think one of the problems lies in the PA trees. When i compare my cleric with my warrior i see glaring flaw in the system.

Cleric depends wholly upon SP for DPS whilst warrior uses both AP + Weapon DPS. Hence throughout most weapon itemization SP is weighted alot higher than AP and it works at low gear levels and clerics are competitive.

However the PA tree skews things against us, we gain a total of 204 SP from PA's whilst my warrior gains 252 AP.

Doubling the SP from PA's would be an alternative solution to the currant imbalance instead of buffing MoA. Though neither of these suggestion is ideal. Buffing MoA would make clerics OP sub lvl 50 and at lower gear/PA levels. Whilst buffing PA's would perhaps unbalance our healing souls.

I don't see any other options for a quick easy to code fix to tide us over for the next few months while we wait for real balance in SL (lol who am i trying to kidd) and i still lean towards MoA adjustment as the better option.
    While this is an interesting observation, I think even a flat 408 SP from PA's wouldn't help as much as we need. I'm not entirely sure more SP would unbalance our healing souls though, its not like we are gonna catch Mage tank healing in raw HPS anytime soon, and DoL's are already at that point where if you crit you immediately top most people off as the heal amounts have grown faster than DPS HP pools.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 08-02-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Champion of Telara

I agree with you but will add that I do not think 2-3 months of a bumped up MOA will ruin the game for all those pre 50 players. I mean it takes like 10 days or so to go from lvl 1 to 50 now anways. And there are many more 50+ clerics than under 50 ones..... well for now there is but if things stay the way they are you will see less and less clerics. I know I am playing my rogue more now.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    I agree with you but will add that I do not think 2-3 months of a bumped up MOA will ruin the game for all those pre 50 players. I mean it takes like 10 days or so to go from lvl 1 to 50 now anways. And there are many more 50+ clerics than under 50 ones..... well for now there is but if things stay the way they are you will see less and less clerics. I know I am playing my rogue more now.
    If Trion were really worried about pre-50, they could always add a 2nd rank of MoA at 50 which did the additional %.

Do it soon please Zib, we all knew it would be on the cards at some point just like MoL had to be buffed long ago.
    We knew this was in the cards the day the implemented MoA, a lot of us called it out for being a band-aid with no hope of scaling properly with gear.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

There is still hope that we'll get a DPS correction in the expansion, however slight that hope might be. Although its not promising seeing how our class rep doesn't seem to be paying attention.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast