+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Empowering Light bugged?

dbe
    General of Telara

Default Is Empowering Light bugged?

In experts, in several instances, I can cleanse something with either Cauterize or Cleansing Prayer, but not with Empowering Light. Just as an example, on Caduceus, he frequently hits 3 players with lava-something, which can be cleansed. A single cleanse works, but the aoe one does not. It's not a range issue because we're all standing on top of each other. It doesn't even cleanse the person I had targeted when I used it.

I like the ability because often I know a debuff is coming and this lets me react immediately without first seeing who got hit with it. But often it just doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by dbe; 07-01-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    In experts, in several instances, I can cleanse something with either Cauterize or Cleansing Prayer, but not with Empowering Light. Just as an example, on Caduceus, he frequently hits 3 players with lava-something, which can be cleansed. A single cleanse works, but the aoe one does not. It's not a range issue because we're all standing on top of each other. It doesn't even cleanse the person I had targeted when I used it.

I like the ability because often I know a debuff is coming and this lets me react immediately without first seeing who got hit with it. But often it just doesn't do anything.
    So erm...

" It doesn't even cleanse the person I had targeted when I used it."

Empowering Light is an AOE cleanse around you, not who you are targeting at last check.

As for it not cleansing, possibly they were pvp flagged or so? That shouldn't be an issue, but you never know.
    --BC

Ascendant

I did MCR today and it worked just fine on the ae DoT you described.

Ascendant

They mighta nerfed its range, I was doing silgen the other night and it seemed like the range was really small on it. Smaller than I remember.

Might just be me thinking it used to be better than it was though.

Maybe you are right though, maybe it wasn't range related but it's just buggy because I coulda sworn I hit it sometimes and it didn't actually cleanse.
    Last edited by Malark; 07-02-2012 at 02:24 AM.

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Empowering Light is an AOE cleanse around you, not who you are targeting at last check.
    Well I mentioned range because there's 2 types of aoe, one that's around you and one that's around your target (which for defensive spells would default to you if you don't have a target, just like a single target spell). The tooltip doesn't specify, or give a range. Also, unlike some spells, there's no ground effect or bubble so I can physically see the range.

But like I said, sometimes we're stacked up fairly close and it's not working, even on my own debuff.

Telaran

I've never had it not work on this fight, when it wasn't a range issue. But, it doesn't take much range for it not to reach. I just follow up with a single target if that happens.
    Last edited by grampositive; 07-02-2012 at 11:11 AM.

I actually do think it is bugged or not working properly and have mentioned that fact to fellow guild clerics as well.

Its up to 10 raid members... and supposedly is smart target oriented. So realistically it should cleanse all members of a 10 man or smaller party.. whether in raids or dungeons. However on many occasions i have seen it miss cleanses. And before you say... well perhaps the curse/disease/poison was reapplied, or perhaps you cast it before everyone had the curse/disease/poison... ive double checked that and the problem exists. Ive even had it fail to cleanse individuals in a 5 man dungeon when something is just applied on one person (was testing it). In 20 man environments ive seen it fail to cleanse 10 people as well.... even when split such as the range side of the Darktide fight.

Im starting to think one or more of the following:

A: its not cleansing either the correct number of targets as intended
    B: its smart target can fail and it can miss things
    C: the range might be screwy
    D: its simply not cleansing properly

There are so many possible issues with it im not going to speculate on the exact cause, but just in my personal opinion... i do think its not working as intended although it still works good enough to overlook the issues.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 07-02-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    I actually do think it is bugged or not working properly and have mentioned that fact to fellow guild clerics as well.

Its up to 10 raid members... and supposedly is smart target oriented. So realistically it should cleanse all members of a 10 man or smaller party.. whether in raids or dungeons. However on many occasions i have seen it miss cleanses. And before you say... well perhaps the curse/disease/poison was reapplied, or perhaps you cast it before everyone had the curse/disease/poison... ive double checked that and the problem exists. Ive even had it fail to cleanse individuals in a 5 man dungeon when something is just applied on one person (was testing it). In 20 man environments ive seen it fail to cleanse 10 people as well.... even when split such as the range side of the Darktide fight.

Im starting to think one or more of the following:

A: its not cleansing either the correct number of targets as intended
    B: its smart target can fail and it can miss things
    C: the range might be screwy
    D: its simply not cleansing properly

There are so many possible issues with it im not going to speculate on the exact cause, but just in my personal opinion... i do think its not working as intended although it still works good enough to overlook the issues.
    There are plenty of encounters where you really can't have it fail on you. Like Silgen for example where there's the expectation that if you press the button... everyone gets cleansed, because if you press it and they dont.... boom. If you can't rely on it, then three's no point using it for that fight, and if you really can't use it a lot of the time then you have to ask why it's even in the game.

Just to be clear, I think I'll have another test of it, maybe it's just because the game has been so laggy this week that there was a little bit of weirdness going on but i'll see if it keeps popping up.
    Last edited by Malark; 07-03-2012 at 01:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread