+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Shieldy
  • 1 Post By Ivengar

Thread: I have a big hammer and i want to smash things with it!

Champion

Default I have a big hammer and i want to smash things with it!

so i respec into Shaman again like that poor white trash girl on springer that keeps going back to her man, but i love Shaman, maybe its changed.

no sadly it hasnt changed.

as i swing my hammer with crushing blow after crushing blow never to recieve that long memory proc im waiting for, i watch as my lightning hammer and frozen wrath dots fall off and still nothing. Finally it comes! i swing my hammer in full anticipation as my not-so-massive blow lands and i reapply my dots and i think im back in this! sadly im not, i look in sad dissapointment at my parser and realize that shaman hasnt changed at all.

a rogue and a warrior laugh at me as they walk by... im sad.

seriously though it doesnt have to be like this.

lightning hammer and frozen wrath could also proc long memory, not just crushing blow, you know kinda like how life & death concord works in inquisitor.

in addition, the stacks could decay, instead of all falling off completely. theres no reason it has to go from 3-0, it could just as easily go from 3-2-1.

i like shaman i really do and theres no reason it cant be fixed and be fixed BEFORE the expansion. this is the part now were i go off and respec back into fae hammer hybrid and embrace the pet.
    Last edited by Shieldy; 07-01-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Champion of Telara

I like that fact that your trying. But im just an old jaded man who has been promised so much ( just wait until the next patch) that I just can't go on. It's too late to turn back for me but save your self and just roll a warrior. Its the only mele DPS class thats never been nerffed.

Sure they may nerf one spec only to make an other one the FOTM so worry not. Warriors can have their cake and eat it too. Clerics are only able to to get the warriors an other slice, so long as we man up and heal that is.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Rift Chaser

Yeah, I'm not impressed with 51 Shaman -- it's okay, but parses substantially lower than 51 Druid for me (like 15-20%, depending on how well Jolt procs in an encounter).

What's the Fae Hammer Hybrid? I've been doing 51 Druid/15 Shaman to smash things, but I'm always looking for better options. I don't raid, so I don't have the top PvE gear, and rarely any buffs (except self-buffs).
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldy View Post
    so i respec into Shaman again like that poor white trash girl on springer that keeps going back to her man, but i love Shaman, maybe its changed.

no sadly it hasnt changed.

as i swing my hammer with crushing blow after crushing blow never to recieve that long memory proc im waiting for, i watch as my lightning hammer and frozen wrath dots fall off and still nothing. Finally it comes! i swing my hammer in full anticipation as my not-so-massive blow lands and i reapply my dots and i think im back in this! sadly im not, i look in sad dissapointment at my parser and realize that shaman hasnt changed at all.

a rogue and a warrior laugh at me as they walk by... im sad.

seriously though it doesnt have to be like this.

lightning hammer and frozen wrath could also proc long memory, not just crushing blow, you know kinda like how life & death concord works in inquisitor.

in addition, the stacks could decay, instead of all falling off completely. theres no reason it has to go from 3-0, it could just as easily go from 3-2-1.

i like shaman i really do and theres no reason it cant be fixed and be fixed BEFORE the expansion. this is the part now were i go off and respec back into fae hammer hybrid and embrace the pet.

lets just wait to see what they do for us with the 32-40 tree/52-60 root.

I would hate for a fast change to mess up anything interesting we may get in the expansion.

yeah, I know,,, putting too much trust in Trion with this melee cleric issue, but its there.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    What's the Fae Hammer Hybrid? I've been doing 51 Druid/15 Shaman to smash things, but I'm always looking for better options. I don't raid, so I don't have the top PvE gear, and rarely any buffs (except self-buffs).
    as a 51 druid i felt really bored just sitting around watching my pet dps.

after reading this thread, http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-fae-jolt.html

i came up with this build that i run (not the exact build in that thread)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...t.VVGVAoqVz.-7

i find it does just as good damage as 51 with the potential to scale higher as well as giving me a hard hitting jolt and lightning hammer
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

MiO
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    just roll a warrior. Its the only mele DPS class thats never been nerffed.
    ^ ****ing lol

In all seriousness, I have a cleric alt that I do ID runs with. If I cant just heal then I'm generally uninterested in whatever is going on

Simple two to four button rng based single target dps specs. /sadface

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MiO View Post
    ^ ****ing lol

In all seriousness, I have a cleric alt that I do ID runs with. If I cant just heal then I'm generally uninterested in whatever is going on

Simple two to four button rng based single target dps specs. /sadface
    Warriors have always had a competative DPS build. Yes it changes from patch to patch but they always have one.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Champion

Default Solution to cleric melee pvp:

PUT SPELL POWER ON SHIELDS. NO LONGER CAUSES AN AVOIDANCE ISSUE FOR TANKS. 44SHAMAN/22JUSTICAR MELEE PVP ANYONE?

We can equip shields, but do not have a viable pvp spec in which we can use a shield. There is no reason not to put spell power on shields. This would also help healing clerics from which there is generally massive complaining about being too squishy.

Make shields viable in pvp builds. Put spell power on them as there should now be.

+ Reply to Thread