+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bowler Hat
  • 1 Post By Gamma Ray

Thread: Do I reroll? halp pls

Soulwalker

Default Do I reroll? halp pls

I'm newer to rift and I chose cleric for versatility. I'm a big fan of melee dps, and when I first joined I thought Shaman would be my sufficient fix of melee dps. As I leveled through the Pvp zones I began to notice a lack of shamans and felt like the soul was pretty weak. I searched the internet a little bit. Looked for some other builds and stuff. Switched to healing and then to inquistor. I really want to melee dps but it just doesn't work that well. I tried the shamicar build, but that was just too much healing and not enuf dps. So now I ask, do i reroll, or do I wait and see if 2.0 will fix cleric melee? This is all for PVP. Not raids.

Champion

i cant tell you how underwhelmed i am with shaman right now. that hasnt always been the case though, i found it enjotable to play in the past.

in my opinion they completely wrecked shaman when they changed it back in 1.7, its just downright frustrating to play.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Soulwalker

So do I reroll or not. I want to be 50 by the time the update comes. But I want a melee dps . You think it will get fixed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by McNastyy View Post
    So do I reroll or not. I want to be 50 by the time the update comes. But I want a melee dps . You think it will get fixed or not?
    Roll a warrior

Wow, you sound just like me....lol. But I already am leveling up a warrior to suit my pvp needs for now. I haven't abandoned my cleric though, as I still continue to play him. For you since you don't have a 50 toon yet...that's a hard call.

Although I'm leveling a warrior (and enjoying it, by the way), it is still unknown what changes Trion have in store for clerics next expansion. If you're already at a high level and you still enjoy the versatility cleric has to offer, then I say just carry on with the cleric. But if you really need that melee pvp fix, then reroll warrior. At then end it's your call; we can't tell you exactly what to do.

Shadowlander

If being a viable melee dps is the most important thing to you i would say reroll.
    Cleric has the potential to be viable depending on what trion decides to patch in, warriors will *always* be viable.

Champion of Telara

based on how patching has gone on from the past I can tell you right now switch to either warrior or rogue. When ever a cleric mele souls starts to show the slightest bit of competitiveness it gets nerfed. So save yourself the time and go warrior now.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Melee dps? Either Warrior or Roque and you will have enough time to level up to 50 before the expansion(november is the rumor)
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Blannor View Post
    If being a viable melee dps is the most important thing to you i would say reroll.
    Cleric has the potential to be viable depending on what trion decides to patch in, warriors will *always* be viable.
    This. Any other class you could end up being ranged, as a warrior you are always going to have the ability/survivability to melee in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Roll a warrior
    Yeah. I have a Cleric main that I rolled with the intention of focusing on Shaman. As much as I <3 my Cleric, it is hands down inferior to my warrior alt for melee PVP purposes, despite even a significant gear gap.

Rogue or Warrior, take your pick.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Yes, I would say reroll, shaman and justicar is what drew me to the cleric class. Shaman is rather pathetic when compared to the other classes' melee builds.

I would say reroll warrior as well. They seem to always be overpowered in some aspect.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the help guys. I think I will reroll to warrior.

+ Reply to Thread