+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conquest builds

Default Conquest builds

Since we can't really heal very well in conquest, what are people finding to be the best specs for the zerg survivability? I've been messing around with an inquisicar then to pure inquistor... thinking about trying Ahovs cabicar just for the mass aoe and reparation, but i don't think the reparation will help anyone but those 1-2 people out of 20 in my raid in the zerg pile. Im tempted to look into a druidicar, but i think the dps will be way to crappy, but if i want to just survive especially after the conquest 5000 kills is over and i don't want to get some conquest marks, then it seems decent.

Any thoughts?

No comments eh... ill toss up some crap and you guys can rip or pick ones you like...

Cab/just
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...z.EzVVtIkdk.-0

Extra 15% damage mitigation
    Less dps then full 51 cab, but its all about surviving, especially after the conquest is over.
    Tossed in a fairy + shield in there for some extra healing to help out. Could change this to sentinel for extra SP + HB

Or...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...x.EzVVtNkdk.-0
    swap to sent, move a point over to cab for the symbol of the ancient...
    Would give 5% SP + HB, same other stuff

Anyways, just wanted to get some thoughts on this. This is untested and just something im doing bored at work.

I haven't found it all that hard to heal in Conquest. Sure, you can't sit and spam Healing Communion too often but you can still do a lot of healing. I've done some nice work with Senticar (12 inq variation).

If I had to do DPS though, I'd honestly just say screw it and run the 51 Inq, 10 Sent, 5 Cab. I've been able to skirt away with just Healing Breath on myself and some small Healing Graces here and there.

You could probably stick with a Cabalist build when you know your team is farming the spawn point. You can mindless hit your keybind for Tyranny magic and watch people explode or something. I would just do away with any spec that relies on being melee range. It's all about kiting and running away to mount up to get outta there!
    Last edited by Riane; 06-29-2012 at 09:11 AM.

My understanding was that if they are not in your raid party, then they will not receive any AOE heals from you unless you directly heal someone. I rarely am with more then 3 or so other members of my raid, so AOE healing seems pretty pointless. I am acutally thinking bout 40 cab 26 druid for the great druid so ive got something to keep me up while i mindlessly blow shat up. The mindless blowing shat up might get old, but the amount of favor/pres you get is totally worth it over doing anything mindlessly for days in a normal WF.

I've had similar experiences, where my raid remains grouped up, but then splits into 5 mini-groups while I follow a zerg. Click healing is a chore, but it works sometimes, haha.

I use 39/27 sent/warden. It spot-heals pretty well, which is all I ever end up doing. Any melee that attempts to push their way into a zerg tends to get blown up in .5 seconds, so it's all about helping the kiters and other healers.
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by FaunaShaman View Post
    My understanding was that if they are not in your raid party, then they will not receive any AOE heals from you unless you directly heal someone.
    Not following majority of your raid? I would probably queue with your guild or something. I've been running with a lot of my guildees and Oathsworn has been pretty vocal on where to go next.

I've been in farm spots healing the entire raid a bunch of Conquests. Even better when it's on boss and we're sandwiched between the other two factions.

+ Reply to Thread