+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Eughe

Thread: Shroud of Agony

Default Shroud of Agony

Now, shroud of agony -should- be hitting people, according to my tool tip, for about 300 high, 400 low.

With valor and stuff, its really hitting people for around, 50?ish at most? at a 20% proc rate (which means nothing since if 5 people are hitting me, and i dont explode under the pressure, its gonna proc)

Now, for a 44 point ability, this is a craptacular skills. I mean, it a tanks skill if we really want to think about. As if it were for self defense, it would have to do a helluvah lot more damage than it does currently

Now i know 2.0 will supposedly bring about some changes, but i sincerely hope, that menial skills like this will be taken into consideration as well.

What needs to happen, is a major scaling factor. Some skills, of similar ability, seems to scale incredibly well. Yet, for so far, 9 major patches, the scaling on this skill,
    this 44 point skill,
    this 44 point skill with a 20% proc,
    this 44 point skill with a 20% proc which only works if a squishy ST soul gets hit, continues to scale terribly.

If inqui soul is getting looked at in the least, please put this skill,
    this 44 point skill,
    this 44 point skill with a 20% proc which only works if a squishy ST soul gets hit, as a primary target for change, as its one of the very few awfully underwhelming skills that the inqui soul contains.
    this 44 point skill,
    this 44 point skill with a 20% proc which only works if a squishy ST soul gets hit.
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-28-2012 at 11:44 AM.

It does pitiful damage.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Shadowlander

Are you sure it isn't supposed to hit for 300-400 over 6 seconds? I was under the impression that's what the tooltip says--and that equals out to ~50 per hit.

It is still terrible. Definatly needs some changes. It could be a 20% chance to apply Vex on hit and I would be happy. There are many things that could be done to change this skill but I rather like the sound of that one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatile View Post
    Are you sure it isn't supposed to hit for 300-400 over 6 seconds? I was under the impression that's what the tooltip says--and that equals out to ~50 per hit.
    Probably. But, really doesnt change my opinion on the skill. I can regen 50 damage.

Its quite an awful, especially for its proc rate, point value, mp cost (its only 100 i think but still) and condition of activation.

Truth. Not even worth much when soloing except to tag nearby mobs (and that's almost as much of a hazard as a bonus).

Could definitely use a revamp to make it worth something.
    Guild Leader of Alpha Legion, Evil Prankster, and Killer of Critters

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by -HellsWrath- View Post
    Could definitely use a revamp to make it worth something.

Welcome to the cleric class.

Rift Master

Ya, to confirm, OP, once the spell procs, it does an AOE damage tht is the tooltip damage over x secs... forget how many. I think on PVE mobs, it hits for about 90 damage. With valor, yeah, I could imagine that dropping real low.

At the moment, in PVP it is there to protect more valuable buff from purges.

My idea for the 44 POINT SKILL (didja hear that, Trion?):

You have a 20% chance when hit to form a shield of energy around you. Any attack made against you hits the attacker for 15% of the damage inflicted upon you. Max 10 charges. Cannot trigger more than once per 30 seconds.

I find that would deliver more of a punch, and don't see how that would be massively overpowering.

+ Reply to Thread