+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaman scaling with ID gear

Default Shaman scaling with ID gear

Has anyone been parsing Shaman with ID gear? I remember we were all parsing around 1.7 with relatively competetive numbers to Inquisitor, falling just short of Bolt n Jolt in max HK gear.

With the higher requirement for add management, i wonder if Shaman can get there, even if it's just for Laethys?

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Pretty sure its still our top spec at that level when the universe alligns

Plane Touched

Re-regardless of how it scales, its still to rng based to be able to depend on it imo. i know for me in HK gear when everything goes right it is on par/ better than inquis. but really, if you can play melee on a fight you are probably better off using B'n'J.
    Last edited by Haptiic; 06-28-2012 at 01:15 AM.

Ascendant

Druid is still outparsing Inquisitor for me, haven't tried shaman in a while. Still trying to get a better 2 hander.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Druid is still outparsing Inquisitor for me, haven't tried shaman in a while. Still trying to get a better 2 hander.
    I don't know what your gear is like, but Druid is much better in lower tier gear.It's scale horribly since the pet does not receive a number of the raid buffs.

Only fights we've really tried Shaman on is laethys and maklamos. Maklamos is great since it's a dummy parse basically. Laethys it's surprisingly not bad in p2 if you are good about dodging since it is almost possible to have no disconnects. With the recent bug not requiring an LOS you might be seeing some great numbers there as well.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    Only fights we've really tried Shaman on is laethys and maklamos. Maklamos is great since it's a dummy parse basically. Laethys it's surprisingly not bad in p2 if you are good about dodging since it is almost possible to have no disconnects. With the recent bug not requiring an LOS you might be seeing some great numbers there as well.
    Is it better than BnJ? I always just default to BnJ where possible, I guess if you can keep brutalize x3 stacks at all times it pulls ahead? I haven't really tried it much tbh in ID. I use it when messing around in T1 raids some but nothing serious, sometimes i'll use it on Beruhast in rotp to help with interrupts also.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Outparsing it on what? The dummy? Yeah, it will do that. If you have raid buffs it shouldn't outparse it by a lot, it should be fairly close. Its not uncommon to be sitting 3k+ DPS on Druid without raid buffs while Inquisitor, at least for me, will not hit 3k+ without full raid buffs.

My raid has a slight surplus of Clerics so we have the luxury of trying a few specs on actual fights. I'm really liking the idea of Shaman for Laethys especially, the adds make the spec viable and as mentioned, it's easier than most fights to keep Brutalize up.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

I keep forgetting about testing Shaman. I think it can work pretty well on Laethys. Anyone else had some success?

Edit: Assuming another Cleric can keep Clinging Spirits up from Soul Drain and BoD
    Last edited by The Witchking; 07-15-2012 at 07:17 PM.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

Ascendant

Shaman misses out on Soul Drain, which people seem to forget is a single-target dps increase when there are two targets up (such is the case with Laethys + Wizened Stoneseer)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Shaman misses out on Soul Drain, which people seem to forget is a single-target dps increase when there are two targets up (such is the case with Laethys + Wizened Stoneseer)
    Alright, But let's assume a Shaman can keep 100% uptime on his rotation, would that surpass Inquisitor dps? Trinket procs aside, i would think Shaman would come out on top thanks to the greater (?) aoe potential and possibly higher ST on Laethys herself.

Brutalize is RNG of course, but AMoP may be a better trinket to use than the Conquest given it's higher uptime potential thanks to Jolt. I'd still go with Conquest for the Endurance though personally.

When the seer is up, should a Shaman be cleaving or ST on it? Instinct tells me to cleave but the faster the Seer dies, the quicker we can aoe the rest of the adds. That, and i'm not sure what numbers i'd pull with ST or cleave for that "phase".

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    Alright, But let's assume a Shaman can keep 100% uptime on his rotation, would that surpass Inquisitor dps? Trinket procs aside, i would think Shaman would come out on top thanks to the greater (?) aoe potential and possibly higher ST on Laethys herself.

Brutalize is RNG of course, but AMoP may be a better trinket to use than the Conquest given it's higher uptime potential thanks to Jolt. I'd still go with Conquest for the Endurance though personally.

When the seer is up, should a Shaman be cleaving or ST on it? Instinct tells me to cleave but the faster the Seer dies, the quicker we can aoe the rest of the adds. That, and i'm not sure what numbers i'd pull with ST or cleave for that "phase".
    I thought the main discussion in this thread was Shaman vs Jolt n Bolt.

Of course Shaman does more dps than 51 Inquisitor.

But, on most fights Jolt n Bolt is better than Shaman unless there is exceptional movement (Plutonus comes to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I thought the main discussion in this thread was Shaman vs Jolt n Bolt.
    Fair enough, i included caster Inquisitor since it has a much better AoE pontential and has close to 100% uptime on your rotation.

Shaman vs BnJ, i think Shaman comes out on top. Great ST potential and far superior aoe ability would bring it out in front.

I'll need to test this more on Tuesday when we hit Laethys again so i will spend tonight working on some rotations and point distributions. For Laethys, i wonder what the best sub souls would be?

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

I honestly love Shaman. I wish it had a bigger rotation, and less RNG, but I love the spec nonetheless.

There is something fundamentally good, and right, and just about hitting s*** in the face with a hammer....

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast