+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: No Cleric changes in 1.9?

Telaran

Default No Cleric changes in 1.9?

So... Going through the new patch notes.... and it seems like something is missing.

Did they really find nothing to change with clerics? O_o

SOULS
    * Pets now have a maximum active distance from their owner that when reached, will cause them to stop what they're doing and return to you.
    * Slight tweak to Charge-type attack abilities; the only noticeable change should be that attacks involving a Charge can now critically hit on their own.
    * NPCs: Riftblade NPCs no longer use Rift Storm.

MAGE

CHLOROMANCER
    * Wild Growth: Fixed a pushback issue where Wild Growth could be cast faster if the Chloromancer is damaged while casting it.
    * Wild Growth: Healing from Wild Growth now affects allies who are immune to crowd control effects (such as the Marksman's Strafe).
    * Essence Surge: Now triggers Natural Awareness when cast.

DOMINATOR
    * Controlled Opportunity: Fixed an issue with how this is applied to targets when using mouseover macros.
    * Haunting Pain: Effects that modify DoT damage, like the Warlock's Neddra's Influence, now properly affect Haunting Pain.

NECROMANCER
    * Feign Death: No longer completely despawns pets. Pets will be invisible while Feign Death is active, and reappear as soon as the ability ends or is deactivated.
    * Neddra's Torture: Fixed a pushback issue where Neddra's Torture could be cast faster if the Necromancer is damaged while casting it.

PYROMANCER
    * Fixed Fire Armor and Pyromancer's Armor being castable while Silenced.
    * Backdraft: Will now deal damage to the target even if they are immune to the Stun portion of the ability.

WARLOCK
    * Mortality: No longer affected by damage pushback when casting.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN
    * Baneful Touch: Fixed a tooltip bug where tooltip indicated that this increased poison damage, when it shouldn't.

BARD
    * Virtuoso: Fixed a tooltip bug where the tooltip did not indicate that the effect only works on Codas and not all Finishers.

BLADEDANCER
    * Fixed a tooltip bug for Keen Strike and Quick Strike.

RANGER
    * Predatory Soulstone: The Attack Power buff from Predatory Soulstone should now be triggered when Shadow Fire is cast and not when Shadow Fire deals damage to the target.
    * Diffuse: Fixed a bug where Diffuse was causing damage abilities with buffs (like Shadow Fire and Annihilate) to be redirected to your pet.
    * Blood Raptor's Razor Lash now deals damage to enemies around the target instead of enemies within a frontal cone.

RIFTSTALKER
    * Rift Disturbance: Fixed a tooltip bug where the tooltip indicated the ability would grant a Combo Point when it doesn't.
    * Rift Barrier: Will no longer reflect damage after the absorption from Rift Guard has been consumed. Now generates threat from non-reflectable attacks received while Rift Guard is active.

SABOTEUR
    * Increased the projectile speed of all Charges to reduce the occurrence of Detonate not triggering a Charge due to projectile delay.
    * Removed the application delay of Charges from Rapid Setup.

WARRIOR

BEASTMASTER
    * Fierce Strike: Fixed a bug with Rank 6 that caused it to repeatedly chain damage.

CHAMPION
    * Destroyer's Bearing: Can now trigger off of Deathblow.
    * Cornered Beast: Now properly grants immunity to Knockback and Polymorph.
    * Soldier's Bearing: Fixed the tooltip not being updated with the effects of 3/3 Intense Training.

PARAGON
    * Flurry: Now properly grants immunity to Knockback and Polymorph.

RIFTBLADE
    * Rift Surge: Fixed a tooltip error where it reported that it was granting too few stacks.

WARLORD
    * Intercept: Now has a range of 30 meters.
    * Distractions now properly stack with each other so you can have two Warlords using different Distractions.

Plane Touched

Hmph, dont get me started.
    20 Mill Lifetime favor and climbing, 270k lifetime kills and climbing.. Owning nubs is a full time job.

Rift Disciple

These changes all look like bug fixes, tootl-tip changes or general faults in how things were triggered....so far i've not come across anything that stands out like that with my Cleric.

I'm assuming you were hoping for some major reworking to top the dps meters or something?? hehe Would be nice but you can't tell me you were actually expecting this when all the developers are off working on the expansion

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Magrothen View Post
    I'm assuming you were hoping for some major reworking to top the dps meters or something?? hehe Would be nice but you can't tell me you were actually expecting this when all the developers are off working on the expansion
    Ehh.... I was hopeing to at least be able to hold my on in Dps. I heal most of the time anyways, so it's not a huge deal, It just seems like cleric falls behind in everything except healing. Can't Dps like a mages, Wariors, or rogues, very little CC, and no good movement/escape skills.

Clerics are fine in DPS, please learn to play.

Ascendant

Pretty much what he said, they are almost all bug fixes or tooltip fixes for the other classes, no one is getting much until Storm Legion. Hopefully then we can get some much needed tweaks for DPS.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Axdin View Post
    Ehh.... I was hopeing to at least be able to hold my on in Dps. I heal most of the time anyways, so it's not a huge deal, It just seems like cleric falls behind in everything except healing. Can't Dps like a mages, Wariors, or rogues, very little CC, and no good movement/escape skills.
    I understand frustrations, but let's face it, the dev team have bigger fish to fry right now. I'm sure they will look at it and make some changes come the expac, they obviously know that cleric dps is an issue (not quite as much of one as some on here suggest if you ask me though...overdramatising for effect me thinks) hence the changes to implement MoA when they did, but they are clearly scared of the consequences of competitive cleric dps with the amount of healing/survivability available. Fixing it is not as easy as some suggest, not without ruining another group of players fun times. MoA was actually not a bad idea to help the problem, it just didn't scale so quickly got outpaced.

But, it's the age old arguement, unless one persons class is totally overpowered, then they will constantly complain they are underpowered while another players class will be said to be fine as it is despite being the current overpowered one ;)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Im confused... Are you arguing that clerics are viable in dps, they just need to learn how to play?

Rift Disciple

I would like to see parses from similarly geared mage/rogue/warrior and a cleric. Lets take Ituziel fight for example.

aux

Lucky clerics, didn't have any bugs that needed fixing.
    I'm so BORED

Champion of Telara

This message was brought to you by Ahov.

Also not the player does not play his cleric anymore and plays the two OP dps classes in the game, color me shocked!
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Learn2post
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Rift Disciple

I am speechless if not to say more... So tempting to call trion support and get some VP of support on the line and tell everything I think of the balance, the game, the attention and ..... Blah!

Default very dissappointed

I was hoping Trion would address those issues that they created in 1.8 so that I could enjoy the trek to rank 50 on my cleric. I'da been content with them dealing with the use of ID bling in PvP, but hey I play a cleric, so ya, that's just asking for too much.
    Last edited by toodles; 06-27-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    This message was brought to you by Ahov.

Also not the player does not play his cleric anymore and plays the two OP dps classes in the game, color me shocked!
    [7/8] P40 Rogue - Zeypher No Quarter
    [4/8] P40 Warrior - Zodinski Coriolis
    [3/8] Cleric - Retired for now
    [1/8] Mage - Retired for now
    haha xD
    10char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast