+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: cabalist AOE vs Other Class/Souls that can do BOTH AOE and SINGLE target

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara aabuster1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default cabalist AOE vs Other Class/Souls that can do BOTH AOE and SINGLE target

    Now that certain other soul combinations/classes can do just as high AOE dps as the cleric cabalist and do good or great single target dps in the same spec it is time for something to change. The cabalist either needs to be changed to perform just as well as those other class/souls in both AOE and single target or those other class souls need to be one or the other but not both good AOE and Single target DPS.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    I don't disagree with you.
    If they aren't getting nerfed then can definitively needs a reason of existence.

    Lets just wait until 2.0 and hope its not a travesty.
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-26-2012 at 07:32 PM.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker The Witchking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    426

    Default

    Soul Drain + Circle is respectable enough.

    If you want to pretend to be a warrior, roll Shaman.

    Both these souls are good single target with respectable AoE potential when you're ID geared. Clerics can't have our cake and eat it all the time.

    <Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

  4. #4
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Good thing none of those skills and souls have absolutely nothing to do with cabby o_0

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Witchking View Post
    Soul Drain + Circle is respectable enough.

    If you want to pretend to be a warrior, roll Shaman.

    Both these souls are good single target with respectable AoE potential when you're ID geared. Clerics can't have our cake and eat it all the time.
    The problem is respectable isn't viable, as soon as you have Warriors/Rogues/Mages doing 150-200% more damage in these dual purpose roles, no one is going to want a Cleric anymore for that role. ask any Raid leader these days if they are happy having a DPS Cleric in their raid rather than another class.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-26-2012 at 11:25 PM.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    there is one spot for clingling spirit....
    Last edited by Alex113; 06-26-2012 at 11:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    The problem is respectable isn't viable, as soon as you have Warriors/Rogues/Mages doing 150-200% more damage in these dual purpose roles, no one is going to want a Cleric anymore for that role. ask any Raid leader these days if they are happy having a DPS Cleric in their raid rather than another class.
    Warriors are the only calling right now that adds AoE dmg without significantly subtracting ST dmg. Mages have what, Fire Storm? Or an SC/pyro build that is just pure aoe? Rogues are a bit closer with trick shot + finishers and their raptor staying on the boss as well, but they are still losing out on efficiency.

    Something to note is that AoE damage is not important whatsoever until you reach Laethys. In that case, warriors are very valuable. For nearly all other encounters in the game, a warrior's ability to aoe is irrelevant.

  8. #8
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Warriors are the only calling right now that adds AoE dmg without significantly subtracting ST dmg. Mages have what, Fire Storm? Or an SC/pyro build that is just pure aoe? Rogues are a bit closer with trick shot + finishers and their raptor staying on the boss as well, but they are still losing out on efficiency.

    Something to note is that AoE damage is not important whatsoever until you reach Laethys. In that case, warriors are very valuable. For nearly all other encounters in the game, a warrior's ability to aoe is irrelevant.
    That's just raids though. In most other group (or even solo) content, AoE plays a much more important role.
    Last edited by aux; 06-27-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    I'm so BORED

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    That's just raids though. In most other group (or even solo) content, AoE plays a much more important role.
    And in 5-mans you play an important role by healing with Cabicar (while dishing out extraordinary aoe dmg)
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-27-2012 at 12:19 AM.

  10. #10
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    And in 5-mans you play an important role by healing with Cabicar (while dishing out extraordinary aoe dmg)
    Or not, if someone else is doing the healing (like the tank himself).
    I'm so BORED

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Something to note is that AoE damage is not important whatsoever until you reach Laethys. In that case, warriors are very valuable. For nearly all other encounters in the game, a warrior's ability to aoe is irrelevant.
    It's great on Akyilios and few HK bosses, it's fantastic on Maklamos in ID too.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-27-2012 at 12:53 AM.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    It's great on Akyilios and few HK bosses, it's fantastic on Maklamos in ID too.
    For 2 targets, clerics have great efficiency. Soul drain is actually a single-target dps increase with 2 targets.

    And, Akylios is another example where it's great to have the residual aoe but you don't need everyone AoEing.

    Once again, Soul Drain is fantastic for fights like the two you mentioned.

    edit: The fight where warriors really shine is limited to Laethys for now.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-27-2012 at 01:15 AM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    For 2 targets, clerics have great efficiency. Soul drain is actually a single-target dps increase with 2 targets.

    And, Akylios is another example where it's great to have the residual aoe but you don't need everyone AoEing.

    Once again, Soul Drain is fantastic for fights like the two you mentioned.

    edit: The fight where warriors really shine is limited to Laethys for now.

    Well, soul drain is indeed good, but it has a relatively large cooldown, so .. some AOE damage every 10 seconds doesn't really seem like it's in the same ballpark.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-27-2012 at 01:21 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Well, soul drain is indeed good, but it has a relatively large cooldown, so .. some AOE damage every 10 seconds doesn't really seem like it's in the same ballpark.
    Everything is relative to the encounter itself. Akylios isn't aoe dmg-based. It's based on your ability to burn ST. Having a little extra AoE dmg through Soul Drain without losing any ST is nice.

    A warrior's ability to keep AoEing the entire time is nice, but doesn't really help much in the grand scheme.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    247

    Default

    I think OP is talking about Cabalist, not Inquisitor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts