+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: surviving in warfronts as r20 cleric (healer)

Default surviving in warfronts as r20 cleric (healer)

is this possible?

I don't have the option of pre-mades right now, my gear is mediocre at best (1k sp, 1k valor), but I'm not a 'baddie', not looking for l2p comments. Playing variations of warden/sent but still getting blown up within the duration of a stun or silence (sometimes by just 1 warrior.... wtf)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Keeping a thread going with half truths, ignorance, bias, and an inability to understand even the most basic elements of pvp is not going to get anything nerfed.

Since you don't have the gear it will be tough but I am very happy that you at least try to heal the party. I know you may feel "squishy" atm but your team mates need to learn how to protect you which HARDLY happens because they are out doing their own thing.

Keep on at it, I heard the expansion will get better for new players and they are going to I think do some adjustments with our Planear Attunements. Just keep on at it and eventually you will get the gear you need to stay alive
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 06-26-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Any combination of Sentinel + purifier or justicar.

You really only need 28 points in sent to get all the great stuff besides healer's haste.

Relying on the Puri shields + Sent HC allows my r2 cleric to survive the opening burst from a r40 assassin.

Basically cast an AoE heal to get Serendipity to proc, then cast your 3s heal (HI/RF).

Also, your valor is really low. Get a PvP sigil with valor essences + shield greaters.

Edit: A neat purifier trick I learned from these forums is to cast Flashover + Latent Blaze on yourself. You are guaranteed to get at least one extra life then. It will autocrit, typically critting for 3-4k (half that with heal debuffs) and give you time to TTL + RF.
    Last edited by Valnak; 06-26-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Any combination of Sentinel + purifier or justicar.

You really only need 28 points in sent to get all the great stuff besides healer's haste.

Relying on the Puri shields + Sent HC allows my r2 cleric to survive the opening burst from a r40 assassin.

Basically cast an AoE heal to get Serendipity to proc, then cast your 3s heal (HI/RF).

Also, your valor is really low. Get a PvP sigil with valor essences + shield greaters.

Edit: A neat purifier trick I learned from these forums is to cast Flashover + Latent Blaze on yourself. You are guaranteed to get at least one extra life then. It will autocrit, typically critting for 3-4k (half that with heal debuffs) and give you time to TTL + RF.
    But... the other shield in purifier cannot be put on yourself (I already have Pur soul w/ 0 pts just for self shield)
    also,
    how the hell do you heal yourself when running then? Probably the only reason I spec warden is bunnyhopping/running while spamming SS/HS/HF while HB and shield (and everything else) is on cd (yes flood is wasted mana on single target but it's instant and if I'm around at least a few people will almost always proc sd). If at any point while a melee is on me I stand still I'm going to be dead very soon no matter what. Guess thats the whole thing with getting more valor... might try your idea once I'm sturdier than wet tissues

As ward/sent. HoT yourself, knockback and silence opponents. (Two silences is not to be underestimated) Or much easier, team up with another healer and get your teammates to kill your attackers.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-26-2012 at 01:30 PM.

My two cents:

Go Senticar and stay with your teammates. Spam conviction builders and DoL. HC yourself when under heavy fire. Knock opponents back(assuming your third soul is warden). MAKE SURE to cleanse if a rogue has healing debuff on you. Save TTL for using HI on yourself. Try to save HB for yourself. Stay away from anything with a yellow bar; If it's a tank, it's not worth your time, if it's a DPS warrior you're likely to get 3 shotted.

My cleric is R23 with about the same valor, the only time I really get spanked is when I'm being dumb(away from the group) or the opposing team focuses me steadily.

If this doesn't work, you might consider going higher into the Justicar tree for better survivability. Personally, if I'm getting facerolled over and over with a bad team, I just switch to tank spec, wade out into the enemy and try to distract as many of them as possible while building convictions with EJ and using DoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygfa View Post
    But... the other shield in purifier cannot be put on yourself (I already have Pur soul w/ 0 pts just for self shield)
    also,
    how the hell do you heal yourself when running then? Probably the only reason I spec warden is bunnyhopping/running while spamming SS/HS/HF while HB and shield (and everything else) is on cd (yes flood is wasted mana on single target but it's instant and if I'm around at least a few people will almost always proc sd). If at any point while a melee is on me I stand still I'm going to be dead very soon no matter what. Guess thats the whole thing with getting more valor... might try your idea once I'm sturdier than wet tissues
    Assuming you go 38/28 ( http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...kz.E0xxdzzc.-6 ) you have the following shields:

Caregiver's Blessing, Gathering of the Ancients, Shield of the Ancestors and Restorative Flame's Ancestral Flame.

If you max out caregiver's blessing and macro it with Healing Flare + Breath you turn Healing Flare into an awesome mobility healing, at least until you proc Serendipity. The healing breath splash helps with this, or you can just divine call if anyone is nearby.

Seren + RF at that point. 1.5s cast for 900 shield (at 1k spellpower) and whatever it healed you for.

You can pop searing transfusion whenever too, it helps. Not to mention your awesome aoe + full cleanse.

Rift Chaser

also,
    ah, surviving as a low-rank healer in warfronts - i have recent experience of this. I've got 4 different healing builds, but sent/puri is the one i like the most - it's my go-to spec if there's more than one healer or if the map is small and tight.

my Latent Blaze macro is:

#show Latent Blaze
    cast Flashover
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Latent Blaze

and it goes as soon as i enter the warfront (or as soon as i queue, even).
    the oh-**** macro is:

#show Touch the Light
    cast Shield of the Ancestors
    cast @self Healer's Covenant
    cast Touch the light
    cast @self Restorative Flame
    cast Flashover
    cast @self Searing Transfusion
    cast Overload
    use Tempest Mirror
    use @self Basic Warding Potion
    use @self Revitalization Seed
    use @self Metamorphic Rune
    use @self Wrathful Flame
    use @self Mighty Healing Potion
    use @self Healing Tonic
    cast @self Healing Flare

(yes, it's hideously long; yes it probably suffer macro lag). this particular macro keeps me alive far better than equivalent oh-**** macros in my senticar, sent/ward and inquisicar specs - the shields make a heap of difference (i've got a sigil with the puri greater essence - it turns puri shields from minimal to reasonable). If i'm running, it's giving me the shield, then the consumables, then Healing Flare spam; if i'm stationary it's Restorative Flame spam. Of course, in the other builds the oh-**** macro is healing others as well, whereas the puri version is pure self-heals - but it does the best job of keeping me alive of all the builds i've tried.
    Last edited by Naesraen; 06-26-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Go Senticar.
    And when you get hit stand still and cast Healing Invocation on yourself.
    I know, it seems stupid, but HI suffer no more from pushback and Justicar passives should keep you alive that last second you need to cast HI.
    And after you cast it, chances are you are now at full health.

One single opposing player doesn't have enough stun/silence/interrupt to keep you from healing yourself.
    And two of them 90% of time won't coordinate their cc's.
    A couple of experienced players will obviously kill you easily, but you will be surprised to see how rare "a couple of experienced players" actually is
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

ward/sent is very nice
    senticar is also very good (try different variations - 3rd soul inq, or ward)

or 51 puri --- just kidding.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Telaran

Personally I've been running a 39 Sent/11 Justi/16 Inquis for pvp.

You get Healing Invocation, Purge, AoE cleanse, DoL, Agressive Renewal, and Healer's Cov.

I have just over 1k Valor (P9, So no PvP weapons either) and I usually do fine. You get three instant spells on it that build convictions quickly and pop off those nice DoL's to keep your team topped off, and HI for yourself and that big bad warrior you should be following around.

But it really is all about the team you get. You can't keep your team alive if they won't protect you. I got into a WF yesterday when they let a NB/Assassin spec stealth up, mez, and slaughter the healers. In those situations when you get focused I usually switch over to Shamicar w/Mien of Leadership, and melee for a bit. It throws people off most of the time and you safe to switch back to heals as soon as they stop focusing you.

is this possible?

I don't have the option of pre-mades right now, my gear is mediocre at best (1k sp, 1k valor), but I'm not a 'baddie', not looking for l2p comments. Playing variations of warden/sent but still getting blown up within the duration of a stun or silence (sometimes by just 1 warrior.... wtf)
    My cleric is R19 now. Sometimes surviving is hard... especially when you start putting up big heal numbers and find yourself w\ a number on your head. Try to stay back, know your role and hopefully have teamates that value your heals enough to protect you.

You could also have more valor. It's a good idea to have a valor source core. 1k really isn't that great for valor. Some of the people are walking around w\ 1400+ easy.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Soulwalker

Hey mate just though I would drop this build off and leave
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...M.E0gxbstco.-6
    28just/38sent

I am around rank 20 and often only have 1-2 deaths in a WF as well as doing great healing (often top 1 or 2)
    I'd upload some screen shots of the score boards but I'm feeling a tad lazy.
    try it out

Sword of Telara

A few tips from somebody who is around your rank.
    • Be a coward. You see someone even look your way, you move out of the way.
    • Heal next to trees/rocks/walls so you can LoS ranged when needed. There are plenty of tactical positions you should learn based on each warfront.
    • You see a Warrior charging you? Make them LoS their healers and bring them to your group. People naturally pick the closest target to them.
    • Save your cooldowns for yourself only. You can't heal anybody if you're dead right?
    • Pre-kite all day.
    • Mark yourself so your team knows you are important to them.
    • Stand in the middle of crowds. Sure, you'll be hit with AoE a bit more, but assassins will find it a bit tough to jump you and ranged will have a little trouble if they TAB target
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony01 View Post
    [*]Pre-kite all day.
    I honestly thought nobody in Rift knew what this was up until now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast