+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Super noob needs help

Soulwalker

Default Super noob needs help

Hay I am someone who has never seriously played any game like this. I want to be a healer and after trying a little dps I like healing much more. I am still low level.
    I have chosen to be mainly a warden, I like the play style and love the flow and such, but i run into some problems after that. I dont really like the trees of the other healers (at least as much as id get with 51w)
    Could i get some advice on side tree selection. I want to be full time healer but im not sure if that is viable with my dislike of the trees(unless i underestimate a tree)
    I really like dungens and probably would want to heal for them mostly.
    also i have run across the problem in dungens where my friend who tanks i can heal more or less just fine
    But i have a hard time healing other people.
    Is there some tank/healer combos that dont synergies?
    If so should i look to have a back up healing soul?
    Thanks in advance.
    Noobs be noobin *-*

I am no healer so I cant help you in that

but you should def. have more than 1 healing spec, flexibilty is a great plus and some specs heal better in certain situations.
    For specs I would tell you to read these forums There should be some cleric guides here as well: read them xD!
    At the same time I generally dont worry to much about my spec pre-50. Play around a bit, re-speccing aint costly
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Rift Disciple

51 warden can be a really fun spec only thing is that it's not viable at 50 unless you and/or your tank over gear the content you're doing.
    As to the back up healing specs, yes you should always have more than 1 healing spec to play w/. I recomend using the preset healing build as it's a very flexable spec providing great tank heals and ok group/raid heals.
    I've always loved playing warden but again it's not as good as it once was.
    As to the tank/healer combos, it really doesn't matter since most tanks that are lvling are probably noobs and don't know what they need or even how to tank at times. with this situation the preset healer build or purisent build should keep any tank alive unless they're wearing caster gear (or str/dex gear if it's a cleric).
    Lastly healing in rift as become kind of dull unless your tank is really bad, your playing warden trying to heal alot of spike damage, or you're raiding.

hope this helps
    Kenneey
    4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE 2/4GA

For all things Cleric related, peruse this excellent guide site

clicky clicky >>> http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/201...-cleric-specs/

I believe the preset one is a purisent which is pretty much bread and butter for Rift. Well worth learning, but also very simple on the surface. You're pretty much going to spamming Restorative Flame. there is a nice guide to purisent in the Cleric guides section and at the AP's link.

You could also look at a sent/ward build (also see the guides and Dulfy's site) if you are particularly fond of Warden. It's very strong for 5 man healing.

Generally have a good look at the guides and Dulfy and you'll be set.

GL.

Soulwalker

thanks
    That's some good advice.
    So it seems purisent is the go to healer
    Is warden pushed out for some reason?
    Or is it just for the reason of presets?

Telaran

I've experience that a warden can be good if you are not the only healer. So that means it's good in raids and warfronts to keep people healed. In dungeons sometimes people get hit by some random aoe, or get aggro, and then you definitely need a spell other than one from warden.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aven squirrel View Post
    thanks
    That's some good advice.
    So it seems purisent is the go to healer
    Is warden pushed out for some reason?
    Or is it just for the reason of presets?
    the reason warden is not used as much is b/c it can't put out burst heals unless paired w/ sent
    Kenneey
    4/4 TDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE 2/4GA

Telaran

28Sent/38 Warden is pretty nice, and so is 39Sent/27Warden.
    I got to know them as pvp specs, but I guess you can make them work for pve if hots are your thing.

Warden-healing is about buffering everyone's health, but other healing souls are needed to quickly heal burst that goes beyond overflow, hots and shieldprocs. Warden doesn't even have a spammable go-to heal, so you'll have to get that from another soul anyway ;)

(at least, that's what it's best at)
    Last edited by g o l d e n; 06-25-2012 at 05:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread