+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric build advice

Soulwalker

Default Cleric build advice

Hi I am pretty new to Rift, having leveled a cleric to 21. I like the idea of aoe-ing everything to death really

fast. So far I have specced for max aoe damage - 14 points in inquisitor for soul drain and 10 points in

cabalist, I added 4 points in purifier for the heal and the damage shield. I feel like I die too quickly, I used to

run with the default inquisitor damage soul build, but found the damage lacking. Is the spec I am going with

considered viable for leveling? Should I just drop either inquisitor or cabalist and pick up a tankier soul? If so,

what should I drop and for which soul? Should I change purifier as well? Thanks for any advice given, much

appreciated.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDG View Post
    Hi I am pretty new to Rift, having leveled a cleric to 21. I like the idea of aoe-ing everything to death really

fast. So far I have specced for max aoe damage - 14 points in inquisitor for soul drain and 10 points in

cabalist, I added 4 points in purifier for the heal and the damage shield. I feel like I die too quickly, I used to

run with the default inquisitor damage soul build, but found the damage lacking. Is the spec I am going with

considered viable for leveling? Should I just drop either inquisitor or cabalist and pick up a tankier soul? If so,

what should I drop and for which soul? Should I change purifier as well? Thanks for any advice given, much

appreciated.
    If you want to keep your mix of Inqui/Caba, you should put 2 points in Contempt to get heal from Vex and/or replace Purifier by Justicar to get passive healing from your damaging spells. You can also use sentinel which gives you damage and an instant heal.

aux

Inquisitor is a bit weak to start with but it'll grow stronger quickly. Max out the Inquisitor tree, spare points in cabalist, and I can recommend Sentinel as the third soul for a insta-cast heal on a reasonable cooldown. It's a pretty good deal for 0 points.
    Mien of Aggression at 21 Inq will give you a nice single-target damage boost. From then on it's smooth sailing, pretty much.
    I'm so BORED

Since you are trying to level up, I suggest you do a Inquis/Sent/Warden build. This way you can heal yourself as you dps.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Disciple

You can also use 0 point justicar for passive salvation healing. It's not alot of healing and it's not very reliable either but depending on how much dmgs you take and how you play this may be all you need to complement your aoe build. It will also proc any healing greaters essences and healing trinket you have through your dmgs.

Telaran

I used the predefined inquisitor spec until ~35, then switched to duracell (which is a tanky aoe Shaman/Justicar) for maximum faceroll. At 45 i switched back to inquisitor, because i was getting cleaved/randomaoe'd/zerged big time in the Instant Adventures. If I had looked into the justicar soul / any leveling guide I would have gone for Inquisicar from the start.

I guess if you go inquisicar (11justicar, rest in inquisitor) you'll be more than fine. Anything deep cabalist is too niche/gimmicky in my opinion. It's great if the pre-conditions are right, but really clunky otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread