+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Shaman-Complimentary Souls, What's Best?

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default Shaman-Complimentary Souls, What's Best?

    Hi guys. This question is in relation to an ultimate Shaman PvE build. I spent as far into each tree as I could untill all interesting talents were filled. Please help me choose

    Druid

    • Pet (Summon: Faerie)
    • +5% of SP added to AP (Strength of Earth)
    • +5% Crit Chance (Spirit of the Hunter)
    • Mana on Melee (Fae Hammer)
    • +5% Movement Speed and Absorb (Shield of Oak)
    Cabalist
    • +5% AP (Stroke of Genius)
    • +40 Resistances (Dark Harbor)
    • +5% DoT and Channelled Spell Damage (Entropy)
    • +5% Spell Damage (Death's Grasp)
    • Snare (Sigil of Binding)
    • Root (Grasping Waters)
    • Immunity from next Silence or Interupt (Howling Death)
    Inquisitor
    • +20% Crit Damage Bonus (Fanatic's Faith)
    • +3 AP and Crit Chance (Armor of Devotion)
    • +5% Spell Crit Chance (Inner Focus)
    • +85 Armor and 20 Endurance (Armor of Treachery)
    • -10% Mana Cost for Damaging Spells (Unholy Tutelage)
    • +30 Life and Death Resistance (Spiritual Protection)
    • Snare (Impede)
    • Dispell (Purge)
    • Immunity from next Fear (Perseverance)
    Purifier
    • +5% AP and Crit Chance from Wisdom (Spirit Guidance)
    • Absorb (Shield of the Ancestors)
    • Heal (Healing Flame)
    Sentinel
    • +5% AP (Watchful Gaze)
    • +20% Crit Damage Bonus (Walk in the Light)
    • +5% Crit Chance Targetable Debuff (Luminous Gaze)
    • +40 Endurance (Heroic Blessing)
    Justicar
    • +5% Melee Damage (Hammer of Virtue)
    • Health on Melee (Salvation)
    • +15% Armor (Armor of Virtue)
    Thanks for reading. please tell me if I am missing anything important and what your choice would be. I am currently leaning towards having Sentinel as one of the two accompanying souls. Also is the 51 point talent for Shaman's pretty much required?

    <Edit: Spelling corrections and bolded most interesting benefits>
    Last edited by Charlie1; 06-24-2012 at 09:43 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    I am not 100% sure as its been so long since I last played shaman but I think the best tested shaman build was:

    51 points shaman
    10 point INQ
    5 point sent

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....yuMooeozoR.-6

    It can parse higher than the JoltnBolt spec 1 out of every 10 tries but more often than not it parses lower than the new druid now.

    It goes to show just how bad the RNG factor is on this spec when it can parse the highest of any of our dps builds but most of the time does not.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    I am not 100% sure as its been so long since I last played shaman but I think the best tested shaman build was:

    51 points shaman
    10 point INQ
    5 point sent

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....yuMooeozoR.-6

    It can parse higher than the JoltnBolt spec 1 out of every 10 tries but more often than not it parses lower than the new druid now.


    It goes to show just how bad the RNG factor is on this spec when it can parse the highest of any of our dps builds but most of the time does not.


    That is a link to double rez senticar. but im pretty sure that 11 inq /4 sent is better because you get that buff that is like 32 spell power/crit or something with the extra point.
    Last edited by Haptiic; 06-24-2012 at 12:43 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    So long that it has 11 inqui in it, it should be fine.

    The difference between 4 justi and 4 senti is your trinket and whether you want HB or not.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I run 51s/10sen/5jus
    Syphal 60 Guardian Cleric
    Spula 60 Guardian mage
    Spack 60 guardian rogue
    Wolfsbane

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    So long that it has 11 inqui in it, it should be fine.

    The difference between 4 justi and 4 senti is your trinket and whether you want HB or not.
    Like I said its been a long time

    Yah 11 INQ and either 4just or 4sent. If you have good gear and high SP then 4 sent is better but if your starting out or dont have mostly HK gear yet then go with justi.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts