+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Warden and PvP.

Default 51 Warden and PvP.

So, I decided to resub Rift after a year or so break.

At the time of my departure, Warden was the complete way to go for PvP healing.
    So, my question is, has it changed at all? Is it still a viable and competitive spec? A prefered spec?

Thanks.

Plane Touched

They nerfed it to like 20% or something. i wouldn't use it but if you can make it work then go for it.

Warden has taken a few nerfs in pvp as of late, but I still prefer it as a healing soul over Puri.

If you are pure healing and used to warden, I'd recommend the Ward/Sent 32/34 (or of similar point variation). It has a lot of dynamic options for ST / AoE and i find 51 to be a little slow.

If you dont just heal, I also use a Just/Sham/Inq 28/26/12. This is great for AoE Heals and survival, it may take a while but I tend to win 1v1's in WF's.

Anyway, builds are always down to play styles, so neither may fit well for you. But yes to Warden still be viable.
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

You -can- use it. You can be successful with it. But even i find the effort v. reward not worth it atm.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I've tried 51 sent/15 warden/0 puri, didn't like it.

Recently, I've been checking out senticar, does anyone have a good idea as to what to spec into?

You've got red on you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Recently, I've been checking out senticar, does anyone have a good idea as to what to spec into?
    Why not use Warden heals and pop off some Doctrine of Loyality at the same time? No need to go full Senticar if you do not like to. 11 Justicar / 45 Warden / 10 Sentinel This spec is also nice for carrying as well.

You could also create a 29 Justicar / 37 Warden / 0 Sentinel spec for matches that are heavy into melee on the opposing team - That might be radical for most straight healers though.

Rossel

Warden heals got a nerf so now you are forced to use the other specs. I found being a full Sent or Warden seems to only be helpful in Scion and Library but other than that, hybrid is the way to go at the moment.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I've tried 51 sent/15 warden/0 puri, didn't like it.

Well if you are PvEing Senticar is good but in the WF or Raids I don't think it will be worth it unless you are support. If you are PvEing I suggest you do a Puri/Sent build because not only will you heal, but you will able to do some damage mitigation with the tank you are supporting.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Sword of Telara

This is my build for PVP.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xo.E0x0bRxc.-6

I'm sitting around 1300 Valor with full PVP PA tree maxed out. I have lot's of AoE healing from Justicar with plenty of passive defense, which I think is more important than defensive cooldowns. I spam HI on targets and keep them topped off with DoL. Use Aggressive Renewal when I need to and try to stay in the back lines. Keep Supremacy on a separate hotkey because it is a two second stun, and make sure to purge when it's up as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xo.E0xxbkzc.-6

High mitigation, great AOE healing, good spot heals and lots of tools such as purge aoe dispell and aoe interupt.

+ Reply to Thread