+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ivengar

Thread: Soul Points between level 50-60

Default Soul Points between level 50-60

How many more points are we getting on top of 66? Curious how the classic ranged dps spec (51inq, 10sent, 5 cab) will be altered

along with what could change with BnJ spec.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    How many more points are we getting on top of 66? Curious how the classic ranged dps spec (51inq, 10sent, 5 cab) will be altered

If those are still our only choices going into 2.0 as vaid raid specs I am so done.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    If those are still our only choices going into 2.0 as vaid raid specs I am so done.
    I don't follow... so hypothetically, if our DPS souls get no fixes, simply having an additional 12-14 points will not aid us in DPS compared to what could happen to other classes?
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Trion hasn't announced how many points were getting yet... They said TBD later. My guess is they've figured it out and are waiting before telling us. And I agree with Ivengar: we'd better have some new (read as: more viable) DPS specs after the expansion.

Personally, I think I'm more excited about these added points and the new abilities added to the existing souls, than I am about a new soul... but maybe that's just me.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

I would be very surprised if they simply gave us another 14 points to spend as normal into our 3 souls. They too intentionally set many of the 16-point (fourth tree) abilities specifically at that level to avoid them being available for 51 point builds. Doing the above would would simple break this design.

I'd be more expecting that the new souls are common for everyone (by class) once they hit 51, and that all points received thereafter can only go into it. This could be somewhat like the original PvP souls, in that points could go towards different tracks to boost certain abilities contained in the normal 3 souls.

However, no one knows how it will all work, so why bother reading too much into speculation.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Champion of Telara

I don't follow... so hypothetically, if our DPS souls get no fixes, simply having an additional 12-14 points will not aid us in DPS compared to what could happen to other classes?
    They did say somewhere that they are adding new powers to existing souls past the 51 point ones and not just letting you add more points to existing non full trees.

And yes, if there are no major changes to our current builds I don't see us getting any better by just getting an extra 12-14 points. Yes we will be better when tested against ourselves, but no our DPS will still continue to be miles behind everyone.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

They said they were adding skills as well.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    They said they were adding skills as well.
    this

/10chars

2/4 FT 4/4 TotDQ
    Waxierlamb - Cleric of Exposure@Faeblight
    Cupcakey says I'm bad

dbe
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    I would be very surprised if they simply gave us another 14 points to spend as normal into our 3 souls. They too intentionally set many of the 16-point (fourth tree) abilities specifically at that level to avoid them being available for 51 point builds. Doing the above would would simple break this design.
    Warcraft had this problem going into their first expansion. They "fixed" it by adding 10 more points to each tree, so that a 31/20 spec became a 41/20 and still didn't have access to that 21 point talent in the other tree. So one possibility is either 61 point trees, or simply re-working when you get your points so that you only have 51 by level 60.

+ Reply to Thread