Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: LF Cleric Leveling Guide

Default LF Cleric Leveling Guide

hi all
    im looking for Cleric Leveling Guide( healing/DPS ) for 1.8/1.9

please help

Ascendant

vex, vex, vex, vex, vex . . . SOUL DRAIN!

Repeat until 50.

Soulwalker

vex vex vex vex soul drain die because soul drain didn't do enough damage the first time to kill them all. Take the cooldown off of soul drain or the casting time, it sucks bawls.

This is the reason i'm actually using the Thunderer purpose that rift put into the game, that and theres no up to date leveling guide in the guide section. The one thats there is over a year old and isn't viable.
    Last edited by MagicIsLame; 06-22-2012 at 11:08 AM.

There's no need for a levelling guide.

Pick Druid or Shaman.

Pair it with Justicar (go as deep as 11 pts for Reparation and Mien of Honor - deeper if you want more mitigation).

Go kill stuff.

Druidicar & Shamicar are good for levelling, post-50 soloing, dungeons, rifts, zones events - pretty much anything outside of a raid setting (and you can even use them in a raid if you really want to).

Take the cooldown off of soul drain or the casting time, it sucks bawls.
    Inq is an ST DPS soul, not an AoE one. You want powerful AoE? Go Go Gadget Cabalist.
    Last edited by Lalothen; 06-22-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MagicIsLame View Post
    vex vex vex vex soul drain die because soul drain didn't do enough damage the first time to kill them all. Take the cooldown off of soul drain or the casting time, it sucks bawls.

This is the reason i'm actually using the Thunderer purpose that rift put into the game, that and theres no up to date leveling guide in the guide section. The one thats there is over a year old and isn't viable.
    If you are a cleric and you die to mobs, I don't know what to tell you . . . you are doing something very wrong.

Just put a few point in Justicar to get your salvation going strong, and the rest in inquisitor. One soul drain heals your whole health bar in most cases. If you think soul drain is bad then you obviously don't know what the difference is between fricken awesome and bad.
    Last edited by Sariina; 06-22-2012 at 11:38 AM.

I suggest you go to the Guide section at the top and look at the " leveling guide for clerics" thread.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Soulwalker

There is no "Leveling guide for clerics" Thread. Thats what i was saying.....

There is no "Leveling guide for clerics" Thread. Thats what i was saying.....
    Orly?

It's right there, on the first page. You could have also used the search function.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...step-step.html

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post
    Orly?

It's right there, on the first page. You could have also used the search function.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...step-step.html
    I thought rift had a nice community. Just want to point out that the OP mentions this thread and how it's ancient (4/11/2011 to be exact). Nice job *******.

On topic: There isn't an up to date cleric leveling guide. Not here, not on any website I could find either. Duracell is slow as all hell. The premade paths are probably your best option and from what I've seen they aren't all that great for leveling. Everyone talks about somethingicar but no one says a damn thing about how to level one.

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham0331 View Post
    I thought rift had a nice community. Just want to point out that the OP mentions this thread and how it's ancient (4/11/2011 to be exact). Nice job *******.
    Tossing out insults at the drop of a hat will enamor you to the community real fast. Feel free to never use anything I ever post by way of protest, or QQ vacuosly on these boards about the lack of fresh utensils to mindlessly spoonfeed yourself more of the blindingly obvious. Either way I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham0331 View Post
    On topic: There isn't an up to date cleric leveling guide. Not here, not on any website I could find either. Duracell is slow as all hell. The premade paths are probably your best option and from what I've seen they aren't all that great for leveling. Everyone talks about somethingicar but no one says a damn thing about how to level one.
    You could get off your butt and write one?

The guide linked is still largely relevant, the advice to use anythingicar is perfectly valid. Nothing has changed so dramatically to nullify the levelling tips given. Of course you'll have to decide if you prefer melee or ranged, that can't be spoonfed to you, for shame Trion! How dare you give people so many soul path options!

1-20 > it doesn't matter which souls you use, pick one you like to play
    20-30 > it still doesn't matter which souls you use, pick one you like to play
    30-40 > put 11 Justicar with whatever souls you like to play
    40-50 > Shamicar, Inquisicar, Druidicar, Cabicar, are you sensing a pattern here?

You are supposed to be learning your class during the levelling process and not mindlessly following a recipe. Clerics are the easiest and fastest class to level, if you can't make that work for you, then endgame won't be for you either.

Nobody is paid to write these guides, there is nothing stopping you updating or adapting a guide, or God forbid you ask a pertinent question.

Soulwalker

How do you know its not so largely out of date that its still usuable? Are you leveling a cleric with it right now? The game has been out for more than a year now with probably over 20 patches and hotfixes. The guide was made 3 months after the game came out and hasn't been updated since. So no there is no leveling guide for clerics like i said. If you had bothered to read all the posts instead of only one of mine you would've seen that both I and the OP both pointed out the thread and how old it was.

Why don't you get off your *** and make a guide, instead of telling other people to do it or pointing new players towards an outdated one. You obviously have enough time to come on here and troll my posts, so instead of doing that why don't you use your time well.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bowler Hat View Post

The guide linked is still largely relevant, the advice to use anythingicar is perfectly valid. Nothing has changed so dramatically to nullify the levelling tips given. Of course you'll have to decide if you prefer melee or ranged, that can't be spoonfed to you, for shame Trion! How dare you give people so many soul path options!

1-20 > it doesn't matter which souls you use, pick one you like to play
    20-30 > it still doesn't matter which souls you use, pick one you like to play
    30-40 > put 11 Justicar with whatever souls you like to play
    40-50 > Shamicar, Inquisicar, Druidicar, Cabicar, are you sensing a pattern here?

You are supposed to be learning your class during the levelling process and not mindlessly following a recipe. Clerics are the easiest and fastest class to level, if you can't make that work for you, then endgame won't be for you either.

Nobody is paid to write these guides, there is nothing stopping you updating or adapting a guide, or God forbid you ask a pertinent question.
    Why don't we just stick this in a sticky because this is just so insightful. Man i couldn't imagine a better guide. So basically we just pick a bunch of random souls that we think are cool, then jam points here and there randomly into talents we think are cool and you get EZMODE! My god why didn't i think of this? I've been doing it wrong the entire time! Hmmm, lets see i think i'll do Cabalist / Warden / Sentinel! BAM! OMG OVERPOWERED! Ezmode, i'm level 50 in 2 hours! Woop woop!

What a ****** bag.

Telaran

So basically we just pick a bunch of random souls that we think are cool, then jam points here and there randomly into talents we think are cool and you get EZMODE!
    10 in justicar, as mentioned, then doing what you said.

My god why didn't i think of this?
    Not gonna risk getting in trouble with the forum police for stating the obvious

How do you know its not so largely out of date that its still usuable? Are you leveling a cleric with it right now? The game has been out for more than a year now with probably over 20 patches and hotfixes. The guide was made 3 months after the game came out and hasn't been updated since. So no there is no leveling guide for clerics like i said. If you had bothered to read all the posts instead of only one of mine you would've seen that both I and the OP both pointed out the thread and how old it was.
    There have been 8 patches and I've been here for every one of them. I make it my business to familiarise myself with my class and I'm well aware of what has changed. I skimmed that guide before making my post and it is still very much a viable guide. It will get you started.

If you had bothered to look through that thread you would have found the goldmine of information you are looking for, but instead you prefer to trash talk and QQ. You won't get far here with that attitude, but good luck with that strategy anyway.

Why don't you get off your *** and make a guide, instead of telling other people to do it or pointing new players towards an outdated one. You obviously have enough time to come on here and troll my posts, so instead of doing that why don't you use your time well.
    Look over at my name, now look what's underneath it. Do you see that? Now buzz off.
    Last edited by Bowler Hat; 06-23-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Soulwalker

So basically all i need is 10 points in justicar and nothing anywhere else and i can get to 50 man, thats awesome.

Stating the obvious huh? You obviously don't know what sarcasm is.

I don't rightly care if i get in trouble with the forum police, doesn't affect my gaming in any way.

You wrote a guide about best in slot gear compiled from other peoples findings and you get the title rift guide maker, please dude. Why don't you go have another twinkie and praise yourself in the mirror somemore ******bag. The guide is out of date period, the only time it can come into use is level 31 and above, period. Randomly choosing souls and talents does matter, you're telling new players just put whatever into anything, so i put 1 point here and 1 point there it doesn't matter you'll still live forever and ezmode the game.

Thats simply remedial, just like you. Yes now i am flaming you and will continue because you're a ******bag. The point of a guide is to help you learn what good talents are, what good souls are, and good combinations of the above. Helps you learn rotations, when and how to use your spells, melee attacks, etc. I think you can figure out when to heal yourself and run away so no its not mindlessly following a recipe. Maybe to someone as remedial as you are it might be.

You're pathetic, you come on here and throw your title around. Look at me i made a best in slot guide herrr durrrrrrrr. I'm super awesome. Hey lets make a new leveling guide. "Leveling guide, do what you want and still win!" "Cast those heals at the enemy and watch them die!" "Put random points into useless talents!" "It doesn't matter because i'm super awesome and you're not!" Durpa durpa!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast