+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Healing woes, bit of advice please.

Soulwalker

Default Healing woes, bit of advice please.

Hello fellow Clerics,
    I'm relatively new to the game, I recently hit 50 and I started doing expert dungeons and raids with my guild. My job so far has been healing. I managed to gather some good gear (while there's still A LOT of room for improvement) but I'm encountering a few problems.

My build is the pre-made 51 purifier that comes with the game. My gear focuses on Wisdom and Spell Power, but I threw a couple Spell Crit+ essences in there. The problems are these:

Raids: I tend to run out of mana in longer fights. I'm sitting at about 6k mana at the moment. I usually just sorta spam heals on the main tank so that the whole raid gets some healing thanks to Surging Flames. Some fights require severe AoE healing and I must say that Healing Communion works quite well (especially with Serendipity procs), but it's very costly in terms of mana. Am I doing something wrong or is 51 Purifier not the best spec for raid healing?

Experts: I'm usually useless in here. We generally do full guild runs and the tanks are so good that I basically spend most of the time idling and tossing a random Healing Flame or two. I wish I could be more helpful but at the same time I don't wanna lose my healing potential in case **** hits the fan. I tried running with Cabicar once and it was a disaster, probably both because I'm not used to playing Cabalist and my gear still isn't top notch.

That being said, any advice on gearing, specs, rotations etc. is very welcome.

Thank you very much.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeEndymion View Post
    My build is the pre-made 51 purifier that comes with the game.
    Found your problem. 51 Puri is not a raid heal spec. It is a tank healing spec. Stop spamming Healing Communion. Unless you are in ID, 51 Puri is essentially a wasted spec to carry. Use a Senticar spec. You literally do not need any other spec for raid or tank heals pre-ID. Carry an Inquisicar for dungeons if you aren't going to Cabicar.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Touched

Buy new roles, and choose the appropriate build considering your job. If you have to raid heal just dont use 51 puri.

Also you can't have serenpidity with 51 puri, so i'm not sure about your build Oo

As said try inquicar for experts, or if you're still not confident senticar with improved even justice.

Telaran

Dear OP,

I suggest using and learning these two specs (and using more 'advanced' builds later):

34 Puri/32 Sent
    (Tank heal with Restorative Flame & Healing Invocation - Raid heal with Surging Flames & Healing Communion)

33 Ward/33 Sent
    (Tank heal with Soothing Stream & Healing Invocation - Raid heal with Healing Communion and other HoT's)

Try both of these out. Make sure you look at all your spells, and learn how and when to use them all. These are the two builds most clerics levelled up learning to play.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    Buy new roles, and choose the appropriate build considering your job. If you have to raid heal just dont use 51 puri.

Also you can't have serenpidity with 51 puri, so i'm not sure about your build Oo

As said try inquicar for experts, or if you're still not confident senticar with improved even justice.
    You're right, I wrote it wrong on my original post.

My build is 34 Puri/32 Sentinel, that's how I got Serendipity. :P

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeEndymion View Post
    You're right, I wrote it wrong on my original post.

My build is 34 Puri/32 Sentinel, that's how I got Serendipity. :P
    As was said before, purisent is mainly a tank build with the ability to do SOME support aoe if raid damage is a problem. You should by no means be spamming HC bc you will lose mana fast.

If you are undergeared and want a good tank healer with better aoe capability I would suggest a ward/sent build. You can move constantly while casting most of your heals and you have cascade as a small mana regen.

If you dont like cabicar you can try inquisicar. I prefer inquisicar bc it does good aoe and st dps and I have never really loOked into cab.

Personally, if I dont know the group im running dungeons with I just use senticar. Ahov has a great guide up for the spec. Good tank healing for dungeons with some of the best raid healing in game.

I agree with the above posters - senticar/inquisicar/cabicar are all grt dungeon healing specs. But as I've said before I'm not sure how well they work at lower gear levels. Senticar is probably your best bet. Nice all round spec which has everything you could feasibly need and it's good for raiding too. Mainly as a raid heal spec with mt back-up, but once you gear up you can solo heal a lot of content with it too.

51 puri is only rly needed if you've a squishy tank to heal, or on fights like Matron Zamira. Otherwise it's rly a progression spec.

Sent/ward is another grt spec - I don't play it, so I'm not going to give advice. MT/raid heal spec.

Purisent is a grt 5 man healer for dungeons and a good MT healer for raids - with some aoe capabilities if required. However, if there are lots of raid heals needed you can't be expected meet those requirements for precisely the reason you stated - mana. Your raid leader needs to run more raid healers and let you get on with healing the tank.

In purisent remember a few things:

1.Surging Flames - sounds like you're using it, which is grt, but don't be afraid to ask the deeps to stand within 20 metres of the tank (someone is sure to correct me, but I think it's 20 metres now). Also - stand within 20 metres of the tank yourself, otherwise no surging flames for you.

2. Healing breath - if you're specced correctly this should heal the target and two other players. Instant cast - 3 players healed - win.

3. Latent Blaze. Can be cast on more than one player. Try to keep on the tank and yourself to give yourself some breathing space if things rly hit the fan. (Pro-tip - casting small heals like healing flare can proc Enflamed Rejuvenation - it looks like a purple flame on your buffs - then cast LB and voila - massive emergency heal). It's not always easy to manage this in experts - but worth a try if can.

4. Divine call - instant cast aoe heal, grt for movement phases.

5. Mana pots. Or rather Heroic Mana tonics. Most mana regen pot in the game. Pop them as soon as they would fill up your mana bar if you think you might need the mana later. That way you can often get two pots in a fight. Instances like Lord Greenscale can be a real mana issue in any spec, so be prepared and learn how best to manage your mana. Other possibilities are to take an elder tablet pre-pull (they last 15 mins, put your pots on cd, but do increase you sp and provide a constant drip of mana until you die or the time expires).

6. Don't be afraid to ask your archon to feed you mana.

7. DON'T PANIC! As you learn the fights you'll learn when you need to instantly react to raid damage and when you can wait for surging flames. When you need to heal through something, and when you must cleanse it first.

I hope that helps somewhat. Final piece of advice, always blame the tank. It's usually their fault.

Keep your puri, but learn and love the senticar. Heck, roll inquisicar as support in raids to be the dol spamming king/queen.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

You don't need a 51 puri spec until ID. You don't even really need a purisent or sent/ward in HK. Senticar will last through ID, though a 51 puri becomes necessary for max Ancestral Flames shielding for tanks.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Try senticar for raid heals and once you get to know It and your gear gets better you could try inquicar or cabicar.
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

This is how it breaks down for me:

Am I the only healer?
    Yes = senticar

If No, am I the tank healer?
    Yes = pur/sent, unless everyone overgears the instance and knows the fights, then maybe senticar

If I'm raid heals, then inquisicar
    Last edited by actionvapor; 06-24-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    I agree with the above posters - senticar/inquisicar/cabicar are all grt dungeon healing specs. But as I've said before I'm not sure how well they work at lower gear levels. Senticar is probably your best bet. Nice all round spec which has everything you could feasibly need and it's good for raiding too. Mainly as a raid heal spec with mt back-up, but once you gear up you can solo heal a lot of content with it too.

51 puri is only rly needed if you've a squishy tank to heal, or on fights like Matron Zamira. Otherwise it's rly a progression spec.

Sent/ward is another grt spec - I don't play it, so I'm not going to give advice. MT/raid heal spec.

Purisent is a grt 5 man healer for dungeons and a good MT healer for raids - with some aoe capabilities if required. However, if there are lots of raid heals needed you can't be expected meet those requirements for precisely the reason you stated - mana. Your raid leader needs to run more raid healers and let you get on with healing the tank.

In purisent remember a few things:

1.Surging Flames - sounds like you're using it, which is grt, but don't be afraid to ask the deeps to stand within 20 metres of the tank (someone is sure to correct me, but I think it's 20 metres now). Also - stand within 20 metres of the tank yourself, otherwise no surging flames for you.

2. Healing breath - if you're specced correctly this should heal the target and two other players. Instant cast - 3 players healed - win.

3. Latent Blaze. Can be cast on more than one player. Try to keep on the tank and yourself to give yourself some breathing space if things rly hit the fan. (Pro-tip - casting small heals like healing flare can proc Enflamed Rejuvenation - it looks like a purple flame on your buffs - then cast LB and voila - massive emergency heal). It's not always easy to manage this in experts - but worth a try if can.

4. Divine call - instant cast aoe heal, grt for movement phases.

5. Mana pots. Or rather Heroic Mana tonics. Most mana regen pot in the game. Pop them as soon as they would fill up your mana bar if you think you might need the mana later. That way you can often get two pots in a fight. Instances like Lord Greenscale can be a real mana issue in any spec, so be prepared and learn how best to manage your mana. Other possibilities are to take an elder tablet pre-pull (they last 15 mins, put your pots on cd, but do increase you sp and provide a constant drip of mana until you die or the time expires).

6. Don't be afraid to ask your archon to feed you mana.

7. DON'T PANIC! As you learn the fights you'll learn when you need to instantly react to raid damage and when you can wait for surging flames. When you need to heal through something, and when you must cleanse it first.

I hope that helps somewhat. Final piece of advice, always blame the tank. It's usually their fault.
    Just wanted to add that the power i forget the name that makes heals auto crit also will make a latent blaze crit. Doing with with an enflamed equals super duper heal. I seen tanks almost go from 30% to full with this.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Healinator View Post
    Just wanted to add that the power i forget the name that makes heals auto crit also will make a latent blaze crit. Doing with with an enflamed equals super duper heal. I seen tanks almost go from 30% to full with this.
    Flashover.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Flashover.
    Yeah thats the power I am talking about. Someone on the forums mentioned this when I first started healing experts and it helped a ton for the really bad tanks that like to over pull. Tanks would say Y U Heal So Big??? Basically I would say if you see your health go from almost empty to full, that just means you died and you need to slow down on what you pull. Thats kind of what I tell tanks now.
    Last edited by Healinator; 06-27-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Healinator View Post
    Yeah thats the power I am talking about. Someone on the forums mentioned this when I first started healing experts and it helped a ton for the really bad tanks that like to over pull. Tanks would say Y U Heal So Big??? Basically I would say if you see your health go from almost empty to full, that just means you died and you need to slow down on what you pull. Thats kind of what I tell tanks now.
    Absolutely, put this together with the EF and you're made.

Macro:

#show Latent Blaze
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flashover
    cast Latent Blaze

You can pair this with Touch the Light mid fight to refresh LB should it be used (once it's off cd) or should it fall off/need applied to another player. Just be aware that it'll be 45 secs until you can use Touch the Light/Flashover again for an emergency Resto Flame.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast