+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Tank Maklamos - Taunt Bug?

Default Cleric Tank Maklamos - Taunt Bug?

To preface this, I will say that I am an offspec tank with decent (HK Purples + 4pc/crystal) cleric tanking gear. I am 11/11hk and 3/8ID. i also wouldn't be posting this if there was any doubt in my mind about whether or not this is a bug or my own mistakes.

For the past three weeks I have been tanking Maklamos the Scyrer in Infernal Dawn as we've been down a tank for a bit. During the fight, the add will spawn, the tank who is waiting will pick him up while I'm holding boss. Not long after I will have boss taunted off me, target the add, but when I taunt the add (100% sure I'm targeting it) It instead taunts the boss. I am not using any taunt macros, just plain old provoke. I don't have cast at target of target on, or am I using a self-cast modifier key. This bug seems to occur 80% of the time but only when I'm the second tank tanking the Add. (Did have it happen once when I was first tank on the add, pulled boss instead.)

I was able to record the bug, I apologize for the awful looking video, it's been a while since I've worked with video editing software. You can see the basics. Add is on Darrenx, I have the boss. Jonson taunts the boss so I can taunt the add, but while I have the add targeted and I use my taunt, instead the boss is taunted and attacks me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAJn3kqf4_M

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced or can reproduce this bug? Please fix this dev team, it causes me all the rages.
    Last edited by Deviancy; 06-20-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Is anyone else experiencing this bug with Provoke?

I assume this never happens the other way around?

Go into your options (Interface->Misc) and see what "Focus Cast Button" is set to. I'd bet that what's happening is that you're pressing that modifier for some other ability, and it's forcing your taunt to target Maklamos instead, since he appears to be set as your focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I assume this never happens the other way around?

Go into your options (Interface->Misc) and see what "Focus Cast Button" is set to. I'd bet that what's happening is that you're pressing that modifier for some other ability, and it's forcing your taunt to target Maklamos instead, since he appears to be set as your focus.
    Finally! The first person who didn't list something I was sure wasn't the problem. Yes, my focus cast button and vent PTT key were the same button.

Yep, that would do it.

+ Reply to Thread