Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahov

Thread: Tanks LEATHYS ONLY

Rift Chaser

Default Tanks LEATHYS ONLY

Ok im a rogue tank and ive tanked drak / scryer / ituziel / easy mode conclave / rusila and leathys where the latter wasnt succesfull yet the previous ones me and my guild were succesfull with me tanking them!

Now i dont know how rare rogue tanks are nowadays but i only know 1 good one that discusses stuff with me about rogue tanks!

i would like other rogue tanks and also warrior and cleric tanks to chip in here and explain why certain tanks are better for the Leathys fight and only the leathys fight right now!

Like this:
    Cleric tank for leathys adds cause of DOL spam easy picking them up

or

warrior tank for leathys cause of void knight soul?

something like that but plz support it with arguments and reasoning im trying to see how far we have come and how much or how little we are still short or maybe even ahead ahum!

All input will be greatly appreciated

Greetz styxxey

Cleris tanks for the adds because hitting them causes damage and a cleric can spam DoL to get threat thus avoiding the reflect mechanic completely.

I believe mitigation is the main reason for running a warrior tank on Laethys herself - and also the armour debuff is nice. However we have been running a rogue tank on her and, with co-ordinated use of cooldowns (with the purifier), it's worked fine.

Be interested to hear some more opinions too.

Rift Chaser

did you succesfully have a rogue tank tank leathys for the entire fight? did ya need to do certain things to make it work or is it just matter of massive healing? any advice would be cool!

also can we have some math as to why warriors are better?

Warrior tanks are better for this fight because they add a significant amount of raid dps.

Rogues can tank laethys fine ,but it is better to have the rogue dps and let the warrior tank so he can debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Chaser

what ability are ya talking about zyzyx

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxey View Post
    what ability are ya talking about zyzyx
    Cutting Distraction; it adds a small amount of raid dps, not much. So, unless there is some cooldown rotation where a rogue tank beats out a warrior, it's better to go with a warrior tank just for this debuff.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-20-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Why not post this in the Classes of Telara forum or Dungeons & Raids forum instead of reposting it in every class forum?

Hi everyone,

We already have several ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion threads here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...thys-only.html

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in one of the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread