Thread: PvP Healer Mainhand Enchants

Telaran

Default PvP Healer Mainhand Enchants

How to rank those enchants (pvp healer pov only):

120 sp
    200 sp
    60 veng
    120 veng

(I guess it comes down to 60 veng vs. 200 sp though, if you're talking about implications for weapon choice)

The sp to healing and vengeance to healing ratios are A LITTLE abstract from the ingame information you get.

Telaran

Wanted to edit, which apparently i can't:
    sp to healing ratio is obvious, what im wondering about is vengeance to healing. sorry for the confusing
    Last edited by g o l d e n; 06-20-2012 at 11:02 AM.

I wouldn't even bother with it as this point since they're removing the PVP weapon consumables come 1.9.
    Last edited by Riane; 06-20-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I wouldn't even bother with it as this point since they're removing these consumables come 1.9.
    They are removing powerstones? or are they getting rid of some kind of pvp variant?

Rift Chaser

Wrath Spikes are being removed from their current Vendor.

No word on whether that means they're gone from the game (existing should be fine), being relocated to another vendor, or something else. I think the effect is going to show up in the PA War T2 tree.
    Last edited by Velkane; 06-20-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Rift Chaser

As to the question, it is my understanding that Vengeance and Spell Power are fundamentally the same. However, many Souls have talents that increase Spell Power by some percentage, and those effects never apply to Vengeance.

I'm also not certain that things like Shields are actually effected by Vengeance. I've never tested... since you have to be "in PvP" for Vengeance to even kick in, it makes it a bit difficult to swap gear and see what exactly it is doing.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Quote Originally Posted by Haptiic View Post
    They are removing powerstones? or are they getting rid of some kind of pvp variant?
    Sorry I left it pretty vague; I meant the PVP consumables .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Sorry I left it pretty vague; I meant the PVP consumables .
    oh, well I don't pvp much so I wasn't sure :P. I was freaking out though "Not my beautiful power stones!!!"
    Last edited by Haptiic; 06-20-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    Wrath Spikes are being removed from their current Vendor.

No word on whether that means they're gone from the game (existing should be fine), being relocated to another vendor, or something else. I think the effect is going to show up in the PA War T2 tree.
    Here's Daglar's post from PTS forums:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    They are no longer available for purchase. We have no plans to re-introduce them.

~Daglar
    Better stock up while you still can :P
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

Prophet of Telara

I wonder what the reasoning is behind removing Wrath Spikes? I am stocking up, have 100 and hope to have 200 before 1.9 hits.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I wonder what the reasoning is behind removing Wrath Spikes? I am stocking up, have 100 and hope to have 200 before 1.9 hits.
    I'm assuming, like someone mentioned in the other thread about Wrath Spikes, is that it's to make the choice between MH/OH and 2H for a caster more balanced. With Wrath Spikes, there's only one sensible choice - the MH/OH combo; but without Wrath Spikes the choice comes down to 'a bit more SP or a bit more End'.

Default Madness

They would have to be mad not to introduce some alternative OR remove all the existing ones from folks inventory if they don't intend to change the functionality of them in some way.

I hope for the sake of Rift that someone at Trion has seriously considered this change?

My other thought is that they have some secret item/PvP rune or ability enchant ready to be implemented that they don't want us to know about yet.

Telaran

Thanks for the clarification! That's exactly what i was thinking:
    If vengeance is any good, 1h/totem is/was the pretty obvious choice.

@wrath spikes being taken out:
    The only acceptable solution is this: Turning the existing ones into unusable items that can be sold back to npcs to fully return the invested currency. Anything else will just push the veterans further ahead. Right now it's pretty impossible to get into pvp while keeping your sanity (speaking from a healer pov, someone who has happily healed in pvp in mmos for 7+ years in a number of games. Deserted battlefields with the same handful of R40s all the time seem to agree with me). Giving the geared folks only more advantages would be fking absurd.
    Which is why I'm sure that's what Trion will do. And newcomers will detest Rift (pvp) even more. Here's your shovels, go ahead.
    Last edited by g o l d e n; 06-21-2012 at 02:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread