+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What would fix Cleric DPS

Default What would fix Cleric DPS

Been pondering this for a while. But I have not been able to find a concrete example/solution to help bring cleric dps up to par.

Any thoughts out there?
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Plane Walker

Make MoA do more damage!

Increasing the synergy between Cab & Inq to create a hybrid ranged spec with competitive DPS.

I would also like to see Druid altered somewhat - especially increasing the effectiveness of pets at base, and then reducing the effectiveness of the passive to better facilitate hybridisation of Druid with another DPS soul.

Shaman just needs Brutalize to be reworked so it's not such a huge RNGfest.

Then I think we'll be golden.

Oh, and a big NO THANK YOU to an increase in MoA. That's just a bandaid fix in my opinion, and furthermore will do absolutely nothing to change the fact that playing 51 Inq as top ranged DPS is a mindnumbingly easy snorefest. Plus -Icars don't need to do more damage either.
    Last edited by Lalothen; 06-20-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Shadowlander

It would be nice if cleric got a secondary resource, like charge and combo/attack points, and some abilities were added to utilize that resource and increase DPS. As it is right now, aside from cabalist, cleric DPS is basically spamming a one-button macro and using two other abilities every 15 seconds--it's dry and stale. Adding a second resource to manage could not only increase DPS capabilities, but it would also make the class more fun to play.

Of course, this would require a rehaul of the entire calling, so I'm not sure it's possible--but hey, a guy can dream

Odd double post.... I clicked "edit"........................................ ...
    Last edited by Lalothen; 06-20-2012 at 09:23 AM.

It would be nice if the ability to generated Convictions & Decays was given to, and could be used by other souls for the purpose of DPS actually.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

All scaling talents moved down to MoA, and now scaling with dps souls, not their own soul.

Its all about the scaling.. with or without MoA thrown into the mix. Cleric scaling for heals and dps has been broken for ages. Nothing scales right. Did i incorporate scaling enough into the reason dps is bad??
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-20-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Ascendant

Scaling is the answer!

It has always been the 36 passive. Clerics have been saying this since it was implemented.

Removing them, or at the very least, making them tier 2 single point skills, would assist greatly (given

Rift Disciple

THe OP was discussed in many previous posts, but here is a recap:
    1. In 1.7 (?) clerics were given MoA buff to bring the class to a competitive dps table after LONG factual battle using real data from raidrifts.com. It wasn't difficult to proove there was no cleric dps WW in the top third. Cleric DPS feedback
    2. MoA is a constant and doesn't scale. While other callings are buffed, MoA stays the same. This is the primary reason clerics stay where they are today in regards to dps.
    Here is a post from Oct'11 pre-MoA Link. Clerics, or back into a future? What has changed? Cleric calling is in exact same position as 8 months ago. Same 500-1000 dps gap from top raid dps. Until how long do poor clerics need to keep prooving they have the same rights as other clalings to walk under a sun in Telara?
    3. Most clerics agreed MoA would be a bandaid fix and it worked for a while, namely until 1.8. That's it, bandaid is rotten. Right long term fix is to do a complete rework of callings (I want to bet this won't happen) or put another bandaid fix to MoA.
    4. It has been said so many times that the crappy dps is a punishment because clerics can fill all other roles. For cleric's sake, in order to fill those roles you would need a different set of armor/lessers/trinkets etc. Isn't this a good enough punishment? I mean realistically, how many of you would be gearing a healer, a tank and a dps cleric for a raid? 3 sets of gear (well 2, if you are willing to give up on some stats).
    5. It has been pointed out in the past that cleric dps specs have no dps cooldowns as compared to other callings. Link This is still not addressed.
    6. Looking at the riftlogs.net (I do not see an option to list WW top dps) by fights, I see clerics well in the middle of raid dps with 1k+ gap from top dps.
    7. Oct'2011 FACTUAL comparison of cleasses dps in HK. Link It is the same story today post 1.8. Example: Link

How much more data needed to show that dps need a boost to be competitive?
    Last edited by fitness; 06-20-2012 at 10:54 AM.

The upcoming expansion offers Trion a golden opportunity to rework every class and soul. They have already stated they'll be taking this opportunity to address scaling and I'm confident that they'll make a good effort to ensure we are competitive and can remain competitive with future gear and patches.

I am not confident, however, that our performance will be addressed in the 2 or 3 patches we have to endure before the expansion is released. There has been no mention of Clerics in the PTS patch notes to date, and I believe we have had three sets released now. The patch is imminent so I think the best we can hoped for at this time is a small boost to the MoA bandaid we received a few weeks after 1.6 dropped.

I don't expect much more than an MoA boost and ongoing bug fixes until the new souls are unveiled in the expansion.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by fitness View Post
    7. Oct'2011 FACTUAL comparison of cleasses dps in HK. Link It is the same story today post 1.8. Example: Link

How much more data needed to show that dps need a boost to be competitive?
    I've parsed over 5k on Sicaron with a contract, before ID released.

If you're going to use Sicaron parses as proof, then I'll say we're second only to excellent mages on that fight.

The only thing we're lacking is a competitive ranged build, but we also bring Clinging Spirit, which is a nice raid dps boost if you have a few mages DPSing.

I'd like to see a ranged alternative that parses just under Jolt n Bolt, that also isn't faceroll.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-20-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Champion

to me, everything is completely off and needs a total rework. my thoughts is that come expansion time we might see this.

look at our melee dps builds. shaman is meh, unexciting, inquisitor does the same damage because the scaling is off. theres actually alot of things wrong with shaman but one place to start would be to look at weapon dps.

2 hammers drop off grug, one is a warrior version, another cleric. the warrior version is 60dps, the cleric 48.4

druid, half your damage is coming from a pet that doesnt scale. works well at low gear levels, doesnt at higher. oh and the mein doesnt affect the pet so it defeats the intended purpose.

casters, inquisitor is fine IMHO. (although its very boring to play)

cabalist got screwed with MOA, it needs more single target skills. id like to see more dots/curses personally. shadows touch is the reason its ST damage stinks. THERE IS NO REASON ITS SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE NEEDS TO BE SO LOW.
    Last edited by Shieldy; 06-20-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

We do need some attention but it appears our class lead is too busy with other things to lobby in our favor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast