+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sent/Ward healing rotation questions

Soulwalker

Default Sent/Ward healing rotation questions

I am using a 32sent/34ward build and want to know the best rotation.

I am using healing spray, healing current, 4x soothing stream then deluge and while that's on cool down i use Healing Invocation to apply the dot.

But i feel healing current and healing spray are not worth the 1.5 sec global cooldown and dont apply a great enough HPS, i know it influences deluge but without them you still have 5 hots (soothing stream and HI) also will spirit wolf totem count as a hot for deluge?

Whats your guys opinions?

Ascendant

If you absolutely insist on running sent/warden (I don't advise it), then you should keep four stacks of Soothing Stream, then spam Healing Invocation. Healing spray isn't worth using unless you need to move, and even then only worth using over Healing Breath if the tank is already topped off.

I recommend running Cabicar for 5-mans, even without exceptional gear. It lessens a dungeons clear time substantially and offers plenty of healing.

At higher gear levels and with a decent tank, you can run it in master modes as well.

Ascendant

I disagree with Ahov about sent/warden being useless everywhere.

If you are heading into MMCR for instance and truly expect to solo heal it I think you should definitely check out a sent/warden build as it's probably hands down the best spec to run there imho.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...co.xE0xokRo.-6

That's my favorite split but others may like something else.

As for the 'rotation' it can really depend on a lot of things, but if you're just tank healing keeping up Soothing Stream and casting Healing Invocation should be fine but it gets less clear when other people in the group start taking damage, get a debuff or when you start getting stunned or silenced.

Basically it's hard to really tell you what to do in every situation, just try it out. Plenty of tools there. There's nothing really wrong with Healing Current when it's taking 0.5 seconds to cast, and that's quite often with these builds and it's not always a spell you use on the tank, I use it quite a bit on group members who start to take ticking damage or I think are about to, it's great for non-urgent situations.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-19-2012 at 01:27 AM.

If im not in ID, I'm in Senticar. That includes PvP as well.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Soulwalker

So for a sent/ward spec there is no need for deluge? and i might check out that cabicar spec.

Can solo heal mmCR with a senticar. No real healer needed.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Soulwalker

So you think i can easily solo heal t2 dungeons with cabicar?

Ascendant

Wait, heals use a rotation? I mean, other than have some hots before deluge I just kind of make it up as I go.

Though I kind of half agree with Ahov on the usefulness on Sent-Ward or Ward-Sent this is generally my default 'go to' spec when there are multiple targets that will need heals.

For instance, say you have a fight like Herald where there are three tanks*, but one of them doesn't take a huge amount of damage. You can keep your current and 4xSS on both of the main targets, and 4xss on the troll tank which should easily keep him topped up. This even leaves you time to pop off a communion on the adds exploding, deluge and healing breath on heralds breath attack, and watch for people that pull an add early or silly stuff like that. Even some fights like Sicaron where you have two tanks and each of those tanks probably has a mage healer on them... plus all of your hots, and you can AOE cleanse, and help out spot raid healing with the other -icar . . . so you are kind of the 'in between' healer.

Also, keep in mind that people like Ahov are probably running content with 2400+ spellpower . . . on tanks with 24k health with an insane amount of mitigation . . . If you are actually geared for the content that you are doing, you probably can't solo heal with Cabicar.

Having a 100 focus, 850 spellpower cleric cabicar in experts is pretty much like asking Ahov to solo heal Drak in cabicar. If you are actually healing for the content you are doing you should be doing it in a heal spec . . . and I've mostly found that healing comes down to being good with your spec and knowing fights and what to expect next over the actual spec you do it in (within reason of course . . . I don't want to see you complaining that your pur-icar-balist doesn't work . . . ).

* I know, all you leet awesome players use 2 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    Can solo heal mmCR with a senticar. No real healer needed.
    can solo heal mcr with cabacar except roda, and senticar is a healer.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Ascendant

Sure you can run all sorts of specs if you run MMCR with a team of superstars and if nothing ever goes wrong. /shrug

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFlame View Post
    can solo heal mcr with cabacar except roda, and senticar is a healer.
    "SwiftFury <The Riftguard>
    ID 5/8" <-- geared 3 tiers ahead of the content in question . . .

Edit: also noticed in my post above it said "If you are actually healing for the content you are doing you should be doing it in a heal spec " . . . that first healing should say 'geared and healing' . . . don't know how I got those wires crossed.
    Last edited by Sariina; 06-19-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Ascendant

Like he says you "can" do it, but if you go into MMCR and expect that no one is ever going to need a bres or that repatation is always going to be enough.... well, I think you're pretty optimistic. As soon as someone dies on an encounter you just made it take longer than it had to, especially when there's only one thing to hit.

+ Reply to Thread