Closed Thread

Thread: Cleric tanking on Ituziel

Champion of Telara

Default Cleric tanking on Ituziel

Last night on Ituziel I was taking more damage than I was used to even with improved gear since the last time I've tanked him.

His kick would hit me for more than my health pool, about 23k. His Word would hit me for about 32k even if I had a 51-puri shield on me.

During the encounter, it was very weird. His kicks would hit me between 15k and one-shot me. I understand that the boss does more damage at 65% and 35%? But this was happening before we'd even get to 65%.

I really don't want to blame others or the game, but rather myself for my failure. After looking at the damage taken logs, my warrior tank ally would take about 50% less damage and he's not as geared as me.

I'm asking if any cleric tanks out there have had a similar issue and what you've been doing to avoid getting one-shot by the kick and word. Thanks a lot!

Shield of Telara

did you have a new archon that wasn't power draining?
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

10% damage reduction can help.. but not THAT much.

Interesting thread, you want us to make assumptions without you giving us any info on yer gear, spec, toughness, hp, healing setup, something?
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Hi everyone,

We already have ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion thread here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...g-ituziel.html

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread