+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Please give cleric dps a few needed tweaks.

Champion

Default Please give cleric dps a few needed tweaks.

Cabalist: Our supreme aoe, sacrifice any iota of reasonably competitive single target but who cares cuz the aoe is so insane, spec.

Problem: The aoe is now lower than other callings, making this pretty much a pointless spec. Why spec for inferior aoe and abysmally low single target dps?

Solution:
    Shadows touch needs to hit at least 5 targets.
    Bound Fate needs to hit all targets.
    Damage of tyranny/decay needs a boost.
    Curse damage needs to be much higher, and should refresh from Distorted Shadows or some such mechanic.

Shaman: Arguably the most skill based spec(due to melee positioning requirement, not rotation). Therefore, should give us the highest single target dps.

Problem: Dps is too rng, causing it to not be consistently competive.

Solution: Remove the rng of brutalize by either reducing cd of mb to 10 sec(yum) or increase brutalize duration to 15 seconds and adjusting the damage up to 90%(keep tick damage the same). This would also offer a reasonably effective multi purpose build by dropping single target dps a couple percent in order to pick up soul drain for a huge aoe boost.

Inquisitor: Probably the most balanced spec. Single target and aoe are both ok-ish. St could use a small boost, perhaps make the bod dot hit harder to avoid pvp burst complications, maybe lenghten it to ten seconds.

Druid: meh....seems mediocre, not bad, not great, actually has a good blend of st and sustained aoe dps with soul drain in the build. Biggest advantage would have to be pet dps during disconnects.
    Last edited by stefe; 06-16-2012 at 10:21 AM.

I agree with the cabby point. I do think curses should do a lot more damage than they currently do.
    I dont even bother to cleanse them cuz it does nothing of substance.

Quite honestly, ill keep everything as is, if they allowed decays to regen every second.

If only Cab brought to the table what Sab does. Last time Cab was comparable to Sab... it got nerfed into the ground in under a week.

What the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    If only Cab brought to the table what Sab does. Last time Cab was comparable to Sab... it got nerfed into the ground in under a week.

What the hell.
    Yea about that. Dont understand how when clerics get a semblance of "op" we get nerfed within a week, other classes get to be op for months on end.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post

What the hell.
    After playing Library for much of this week, I can definitively say two things: Sab is due for a nerf and Cab is still king of the fluff AOE.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    Yea about that. Dont understand how when clerics get a semblance of "op" we get nerfed within a week, other classes get to be op for months on end.
    Cleric, the only balanced class in Rift.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Champion

Hoping for more feedback or approval for ideas posted here. Perhaps more input from the community will encourage some of what would seem to be easy changes that would help bring our callings in line until the expansion.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    Cleric, the only balanced class in Rift.
    If all classes were as balanced as clerics people would stop playing this game.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    If all classes were as bad as clerics people would stop playing this game.
    fixed

/10char

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    Hoping for more feedback or approval for ideas posted here. Perhaps more input from the community will encourage some of what would seem to be easy changes that would help bring our callings in line until the expansion.
    I think people are in the waiting and see phase clerics usually go through. Assuming 1.9 is the last of the minor updates, and since it IS coming next week, i would say in 2-3 weeks time we may see whats in the future for clerics assuming Zibby isnt in his periodic coma again.

Through all the moronic updates we have gotten, he has given a few (very few) good ones, lets just hope the last couple of craptacular updates we got was because he was working on the expansion and didnt see the need for major overhauls because of the alleged overhaul we would be getting in 2.0

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    If all classes were as balanced as clerics people would stop playing this game.
    I cant remember rogues being dropped from raids due to low dps however (or warrior tanks getting replaced during HK progress like clerics were since they were broken and just plain bad)

I dont see no balance in any of this. Give me slightly lower dps from a rogue at range and ill beat all but the worlds best rogue coz im better than them. Trion wont give me the chance however

Working as intended init?
    Last edited by Alex113; 06-21-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Telaran

[QUOTE=stefe;3834869]
    Inquisitor: Probably the most balanced spec. Single target and aoe are both ok-ish. St could use a small boost, perhaps make the bod dot hit harder to avoid pvp burst complications, maybe lenghten it to ten seconds.

/QUOTE]

what inquis needs badly is more mobility and defense against cc. PVP as an inquis is no fun at all unless people ignore you while you try to stack BoJ BoD and SH to snipe people. and because you are a cleric, and therefore a potential healer.... people never ignore you.

CC lock and no kite options vs RB/RS means... time for druid?

Soulwalker

We probably won't see any major soul updates with Rift 1.x. Storm Legion is coming out in the fall. That's August through November.. That's not very far away.

I'm fully expecting Storm Legion to completely revamp most of the useless and awkward souls. Warden will probably be for raid healing and justicar will probably be for tanking exclusively. Or, at least I really hope so...

Prophet of Telara

hoping to loose your support healer who provides some dps specs ey? Always fun to loose x2 more spots in raids. Thats just silly, just scrape the class and give mages a pure tank healing soul, who needs clerics.

Ascendant

There's really not much point making an argument to Trion, they know already and I'd bet it's really by design and I can see that maybe 20 man Cleric raids might be something to fear /shrug.

Just have to enjoy the class for what it is, I don't think anything is going to really change with any of the classes until the expansion comes out, just my gut feel.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-22-2012 at 06:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast