+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Clerics need Instant Bewilder. PvP

  1. #1
    Telaran Izraels queso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default Clerics need Instant Bewilder. PvP

    Well the title says it all. 51 inquisitor is squishy and lacks enough CC to cope, I mean it does have Bewilder, but whens the last time you were lulzing through a WF and were like "Whoa I just got bewildered!" because I honestly can't remember. I believe changing the Inquisitors Bewilder to be an instant cast would help dps clerics in pvp considerably. I mean its ranged and making it Instant cast would make it so much easier for a cleric to utilize, maybe give it a cooldown but, it definitely needs to be instant cast.
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    \_/<----see this? this is my care cup, notice how its empty.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izraels queso View Post
    Well the title says it all. 51 inquisitor is squishy and lacks enough CC to cope, I mean it does have Bewilder, but whens the last time you were lulzing through a WF and were like "Whoa I just got bewildered!" because I honestly can't remember. I believe changing the Inquisitors Bewilder to be an instant cast would help dps clerics in pvp considerably. I mean its ranged and making it Instant cast would make it so much easier for a cleric to utilize, maybe give it a cooldown but, it definitely needs to be instant cast.
    No thanks. Lets get rid of all the instant ranged CC that takes control away from the player.

    I think the real problem for Cleric survivability vs melee is the fact that Riftstalkers and Riftblades are essentially immune to all snares and roots. Fix that, and Clerics would be doing much better.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Jonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,696

    Default

    I think insta-bewilder would be too much.
    We already have trepidation, an ensnare, Nsysr's rebuke channelled stun, knockback. Bewilder is fine as is.

    The cast time means that you actually have to weigh up whether it would be more beneficial for you to use bewilder on the opponent, dps, use another cc, or strafe away from them towards your allies/los/etc. It is a trade-off so you don't just use Bewilder on everything. Of course if they added a 2min cooldown on Bewilder and let it be instacast, that might be 'okay'.

    Right now Trepidation serves as an AoE 'version' of Bewilder. It has a trade-off though, which is why it is fine for it to be instacast. 1. 1min cooldown. 2. You need to be in melee range.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    You should be asking for a flicker equivalent or dark passage lower in the cab tree, not spammable instant fears.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    I think insta-bewilder would be too much.
    We already have trepidation, an ensnare, Nsysr's rebuke channelled stun, knockback. Bewilder is fine as is.

    The cast time means that you actually have to weigh up whether it would be more beneficial for you to use bewilder on the opponent, dps, use another cc, or strafe away from them towards your allies/los/etc. It is a trade-off so you don't just use Bewilder on everything. Of course if they added a 2min cooldown on Bewilder and let it be instacast, that might be 'okay'.
    This would make sense if it didnt break on any and all damage. As is, the trade off is whether to use a better skill or waste a cd that will more than likely do nothing.
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    This would make sense if it didnt break on any and all damage. As is, the trade off is whether to use a better skill or waste a cd that will more than likely do nothing.
    cast @focus bewilder

    Remove a person from the fight for a bit, in 1v2+ situations or something similar.

  7. #7
    Ascendant No_Exit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Making it instant would honestly not change all that much seeing as 99% of the time the target is immune.

    no joke.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser MannSeastone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    I think insta-bewilder would be too much.
    We already have trepidation, an ensnare, Nsysr's rebuke channelled stun, knockback. Bewilder is fine as is.
    You should see the CC and short cooldowns the other classes have.

    Majn
    Be healed and be well.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer usman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    I'd rather have detaunt back.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.


  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    No thanks. Lets get rid of all the instant ranged CC that takes control away from the player.

    I think the real problem for Cleric survivability vs melee is the fact that Riftstalkers and Riftblades are essentially immune to all snares and roots. Fix that, and Clerics would be doing much better.
    So true.

    Why should Inq have 5 different kind of the cc?, why not have one, maybe 2 and instead make them decent.

    Warriors and Nightblade doing alot of dmg?, I think they should. But just like you say, it's their immunity too all snares, knockbacks and roots that is about the most op I've ever experiensed in a mmorpg.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    The problem with bewilder having a cast time is:

    Unless you use it as an opener, its useless since it breaks on damage, meaning it will break instantly since your target will have a dot on them from your or someone else.

    During the two secons it takes you to cast, the warrior or rogue is spinning around you spamming their instant cast macro doing 1k dps on your 1400 valor, while you are wasting 2 seconds on a cc that wont hold or help you.

    So, you use your amazing pvp knockback, do 300 damage, use a weak snare(30%), and before you can hit a damage ability, they teleport back onto you.

    So now, you fear them, and before you can do any damage, they trinket and teleport back onto you if there is a disconnect, which there probably isnt. If they dont have a skilleport available, they simply dropped ranged stun or silence on you while holding down their 1000 dps skill macro.

    During this time, you are doing or have done almost no damage to the opponent, maybe a sh or vex at best. Meanwhile, they are holding down their one button high skill macro, doing 8-1200 sustained dps against your full valor.

    So, after six-8 seconds of futile knockback attempts, snares, fears, and 2-3 globals for damage, you are dead, and they are at 85% health.

    Cleric dps pvp, if no one even looks at you out of the corner of their eye, you can do some good damage.

    In an actual pvp situtation where you are fighting someone and they are fighting you, there is really zero chance against any other class with = gear/skill/cd's available.

    Mages: Two scenarios here:

    Pyro/dom: You die very fast

    Chloro/dom: If they are toying with you, they will tank all your damage while mana burning you to zero, then laugh at you. If not, they take out their minions of skill. If you dont get off a quick purge, you die in 5 seconds.

    Now, we have vex heals, healing breath etc, maybe some salvation heals if we went into an icar hybrid. So, we use a global on hb, which heals for less damage than one of their globals, making it useless. More than likely, the heal is cut in half anyway, and the rogue is gonna take half of whats left for himself. This also does no damage to them while again, they are spamming their 1k dps on full valor skill macro.
    Last edited by stefe; 06-17-2012 at 08:04 AM.

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    The only logical, intelligent assumption i can make, based on how long(over a year) cleric dps has been totally gimp in all fairness against the other classes for pvp, is that trion does not want clerics to have as good of a dps pvp role as the other classes, as that would cause an even worse healing shortage.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Arir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    131

    Default I don't even bother to bewilder

    Quote Originally Posted by Izraels queso View Post
    Well the title says it all. 51 inquisitor is squishy and lacks enough CC to cope, I mean it does have Bewilder, but whens the last time you were lulzing through a WF and were like "Whoa I just got bewildered!" because I honestly can't remember. I believe changing the Inquisitors Bewilder to be an instant cast would help dps clerics in pvp considerably. I mean its ranged and making it Instant cast would make it so much easier for a cleric to utilize, maybe give it a cooldown but, it definitely needs to be instant cast.
    I tried bewilder in a war front and it does absolutely nothing. It is a complete waste of time as are impede and trepidation. I might get trepidation to work 1 in 100 times. Most opponents are immune to all control effects so why bother.

  14. #14
    Telaran Izraels queso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Come on guys, I've spoken to at least three very good clerics on my shard and they all agree that an instant bewilder would do wonders in a 1v1 situation. Also you know the people we give money too? I think they're called Developers or something like that, well they can change things in the game. Crazy right?

    So they CAN change bewilder to take a percentage of health before breaking, they CAN put a cooldown on it. They could also change Bewilder to a stun If all else failed. A four second ranged stun.

    Clerics need some sort of Ranged CC that isn't on a 2 minute cooldown.

    And to Arir, yea thats the DR system for you.
    Quesox@seastone
    Formerly Pillpopper@Seastone, Pillpopper@Derpstrike, Queso@Dayblind, Sunrest, Harrow.
    \_/<----see this? this is my care cup, notice how its empty.
    I tend to have very few posts because I find arguing with trolls is difficult because they tend to bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    This is always the problem with Crowd Control.


    No one likes being Crowd Controlled, and yet everyone wants Crowd Control abilities. My opinion is there's no point putting CC into a game if it's then made useless. This happened in Warhammer Online too where diminishing returns were introduced and abilities nerfed etc.



    The 51 Inquisitor gets a pretty big stun channel, and a knockback, and a ranged snare... etc it's pretty good already for an Inquisitor.

    Shaman can't do anything except an interrupt every 10 seconds, Shaman even lost it's snare and people are asking for instant bewilder for Inquisitor ??!!?!?


    The CC argument is bleh, CC is totally unreliable, it might be the greatest thing ever to use on an enemy or a complete waste of cast/gcd. Another reason why PVP is pretty meh in this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts