+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ahov

Thread: Question about Abyssal Mark of Power

Default Question about Abyssal Mark of Power

I mostly MT heal but like to dps every now and again. Specs I run are 51 caba, 51 inquis, and JoltnBolt. I wanted to roll on Abyssal Mark of Power this week but was told it was a mage item and wouldn't work well with me.

That was said from a mage though, so my question is will it work with those builds? Right now I am using Royal Focusing Crystal when I DPS.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Princess Lacus; 06-15-2012 at 11:44 PM.

PinkPrincess @Deepwood of Beep Beep Ima Jeep
    previous akas Aribella@Deepwood & Hime@Silkweb
    ★★★ find me on @ twitter ★★★

Ascendant

That mage lied to you.

It's great for clerics.

The argument I could see is that it gives a boost to mages, regardless of role (heal/DPS/support), while a MT healing cleric gains no benefit, meaning that you only benefit when you "DPS now and again."

However, that doesn't invalidate the fact that DPS clerics can benefit from the item, and there are, arguably, better trinkets for a healing mage.

I don't think it was because I heal but because I was a cleric, the words it works for mages best and a mage should roll on it were said. But you make a valid point if that was the reason Ajax, I can understand that.

Well out of our three mages they all have it now and none of the other clerics even wanted it. So I guess I'll roll for it next time, thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by Princess Lacus; 06-16-2012 at 12:22 AM.

PinkPrincess @Deepwood of Beep Beep Ima Jeep
    previous akas Aribella@Deepwood & Hime@Silkweb
    ★★★ find me on @ twitter ★★★

Simple.

He/she is a mage.
    He/she wants the AMOP.

No Clerics = Less competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    That mage lied to you.

It's great for clerics.
    ^ This. Mages often try and screw clerics out of it because it is great for mages.

I will concede that the AMoP is better for mages then clerics due to the natures of the classes.. however its still a strong trinket for clerics and the best one for dps in the game at this time (not sure about ID trinkets yet).

That said... its not quite as great in ST dps builds as it is in AoE dps builds so it depends what you run. But regardless.. you should go for it.

Oh yes, I've heard this one before.

AMoP - The Mage Trinket. Pfft.

Caster trinket. CASTER!

Unfortunately this is a lesson in "make sure you know your BiS drops". It's always a good idea to have an idea of what drops you're likely to encounter in raid, and what you rly want to roll on. There are some fantastic BiS lists in the Cleric Guide section (Noshei and BowlerHat come to mind), I can't recommend familiarising yourself with these enough.

In this case it does sound like it may have been better for your raid that the mage got the trinket, as you often MT heal. But in future, a cleric well armed is a mage deprived of a trinket.

Fav ranged dps trinket on my cleric.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

AMoP is a general caster DPS trinket, though it can be harder to maintain stacks with the 1.5 second GCD and fewer DoTs.

The "upgrade" from ID is...underwhelming. It originally had a higher proc rate that would be better for 1.5 second GCD casters, but the poor mage who got it spent five minutes yelling about the ******* proc rate after 38/28 and 51 chloro dummy tests. And only a 5 SP upgrade. The news of the proc rate made me sad.
    Last edited by BrownsMageNerfDelivery; 06-16-2012 at 03:06 PM.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

I love my AMoP. 'nuff said.

I would like to see a HEALER trinket upgrade from ID- anyone seen any yet? I haven't heard anything...

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon0028 View Post

I would like to see a HEALER trinket upgrade from ID- anyone seen any yet? I haven't heard anything...
    Seconded. As of yet ive been very disappointed with the "heal" trinket upgrades. The best pure heal trinket is still imo... the 88 SP proc one from GSB. HK AMoP is ok.. but underwhelming.. and i understand theres another upgrade of that in ID.

For heal trinkets though i still roll with the 88 SP proc or the 900 Shield proc trinkets from GSB/RoS respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon0028 View Post

The only healer trinkets that were up on the PTS were the new SHoE (800-1000 I think?) and the new version of Token of Warding.

Nothing like the Lifebound Relic .

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    The only healer trinkets that were up on the PTS were the new SHoE (800-1000 I think?) and the new version of Token of Warding.

Yeeeeah.. that kinda sucks. :'(

Guess I'll stick with the Lifebound Relic...

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post

Yep those 2 are the only ones we've seen.

As for the OP, i believe the mage is simply misinformed about clerics or is thinking because you are mainly healer. i would have done the same if the decision was between a healer who only dpses sometimes or a mage. however if the decision is between your main cleric dps and the mage then i dont see why mage gets prio, its BiS for both.
    See you all in Wildstar!

+ Reply to Thread