+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Mippo's PVP Build ~

Rift Disciple

Default Mippo's PVP Build ~

Here's a link to the build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...M.E0Exrszco.-6

Macro Marked by the Light to cast on yourself so it triggers whenever you get healed, it's the most effective way to get the most out of it. Primarily use this build switching heavily between Mien of Honor and Mien of Leadership, although you can just keep Leadership on full-time, it's not as optimal as switching is.

With Leadership on, in full pvp gear, you are 1400+ valor, 13k+ hp, and have tons of damage reductions with the build. As Marked by the Light will proc off your Doctrine of Loyalty casts, it will hit the 2 lowest hitpoint players in addition to your Doctrine of Loyalty for about a 1425 or so non-crit AoE heal even with Mien of Leadership running. DoL's will still hit for 900 even without Marked by the Light. The best way to use the build is to keep Leadership on, and stay out in the front to soak up damage. Once too many people start attacking you, just cycle back into your side of the fight until you get healed up then head back onto the front lines. Use Humility / Silence and your interrupt to mess with people. If the opposing team doesn't attack you and just leaves you alone, you can always switch to Mien of Honor for maximum healing without being bothered and just switch back to Leadership if you get attacked.

The build is very, very high survivability, but also providesa lot of healing, enough that people can't just leave you alone and this build routinely tops the healing and damage taken charts in warfronts. Damage that is done to you that is heavily mitigated, is less damage your team takes, and less damage your team needs to heal up so the benefits of using leadership and becoming a tank healer, generally far outweigh the downsides. If you don't want to play the front-line tank role, you can always start off with Mien of Honor, and switch to Leadership if you ever get in trouble.

All in all, it's an extremely overpowered spec right now with the amount of healing you can do with Leadership on, while having all of that mitigation and survivability with the ability to easily switch into Mien of Honor if needed.

~Mippo
    Last edited by Mippo; 06-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mippo View Post
    Why the one point into Thorvin's Law? You're exchanging 33% increased dodge AND parry for 4.4% magic reduction.

All you had to write was "Use this Senticar variation with MOL."

/guide

Mippo is still posting?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Why the one point into Thorvin's Law? You're exchanging 33% increased dodge AND parry for 4.4% magic reduction.
    Well because based on damage break-downs, a much larger percentage of damage comes from magic as opposed to physical. I'm still parsing it and testing it with my limited Rift time remaining, but it looks like you get more benefit out of the point in Thorvin's Law then you do out of the dodge/parry increase likely because with the increased armor, and Supremacy, physical damage is already mitigated down significantly more then magical is at that point.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamorte View Post
    Mippo is still posting?
    I didn't stop posting, my posting privileges were revoked when I pointed out testing guilds were spoon-fed all of the ID strategies and already had the bosses on farm before they were released. Hundreds of players speaking out against it had their posts deleted by moderators, and were suspended. Myself, and many other skilled players had zero interest in raiding in ID because of it, and I'm just waiting until my remaining time is done before I'm gone. Figured I would focus a bit more on the PVP side, since the PVE side was obviously rigged. Now that I've been on the PVP side, it's just a broken system with many overpowered abilities like mana drains and Lingering Wounds still in there. Just wanted to share my overpowered spec with people though, help others out.

This is the top PVP spec from what I've seen, with the 2nd best PVP spec being a different variant of Senticar that goes deep into Justicar for the defensive abilities, but also into Inquisitor for Aggressive Renewal and the Crit modifier. However, this spec outparses that spec because Marked by the Light and the additional Sentinel points outperform the crit modifier. Both are very good specs though, clearly the top 2 available to Clerics mainly because the defensive abilities in Justicar even without Leadership at all boost our survival quite a bit. Can't really go wrong with either.

Oly

what is the macro for mark of the light?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    what is the macro for mark of the light?
    I'd guess:

Code:
    #show Marked by the Light
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @self Marked by the Light
    I've been meaning to try Senticar, but just haven't yet. Looks like a pretty solid build.

I regularly top Damage Taken with my 51 Purifier spec. Obviously I never top Healing Done, but looking at the parses I'm pretty confident the amount of absorbtion that occurs matches the top Healing Done most times, if not exceeds it. Except for PS Warfronts. I breakdown and play Sent/Warden then, as no amount of shielding can keep up with the ridiculous amounts of AoE damage from Sabs, Cabs, MMs, and SCs when everyone's piling on the bridge.
    Last edited by Velkane; 06-14-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

I didn't stop posting, my posting privileges were revoked when I pointed out testing guilds were spoon-fed all of the ID strategies and already had the bosses on farm before they were released. Hundreds of players speaking out against it had their posts deleted by moderators, and were suspended. Myself, and many other skilled players had zero interest in raiding in ID because of it, and I'm just waiting until my remaining time is done before I'm gone. Figured I would focus a bit more on the PVP side, since the PVE side was obviously rigged.
    If these people were supposedly suspended why was there no outcry about it? I quite honestly call horsecrap on this one. And these hundreds of posts? I only remember one.
    Last edited by Bellamorte; 06-14-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamorte View Post
    If these people were supposedly suspended why was there no outcry about it? I quite honestly call horsecrap on this one. And these hundreds of posts? I only remember one.
    How do you complain about it when you're suspended? Where else can people post it?

How do you complain about it when you're suspended? Where else can people post it?
    Because they would complain to other people/guildies, word would get around gossip. etc.

I did some Beta testing and my verdict is that u will never win in pvp unless u did the beta.
    Just click it!

Telaran

mippo i've been with you in several warfornts, and you soak up almost all of the heals, 90% of your heals are self heals and several of the other healers, im not the top healer, but i usually top heals in every warfront unless im with my purifier spec, so im pretty sure you dont top my heals by far, im usually 100k ahead of you

marked by the light doest heal the cleric, so there is the biggest problem in these spec, i tried it several times, with other talents, but it is mainly a troll spec, just like the druidicar, shamicar (in pvp), inquisicar, puricar, etc... , you top mediocre healers, just like i top other mediocre healers
    Last edited by Zandalia; 06-14-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Prophet of Telara

So you made a brick that doesn't help your team at all.

Rift Disciple

I like it. The way people play in wf's with no team work and total chaos allthey deserve is aoe heals imo lol. This is about as close as I could come to playing a healer anyways. I like to fight to much so dps is my thing and I heal very well with Taugrims spec as it is. I am always looking to try something new and this is pretty nice. I can keep people up,be very mobile as usual and I can kite like a champ. Perfect for me. Thanks Mippo!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast