+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee DPS

Default Melee DPS

I have not seen a viable melee dps spec since before 1.3 for clerics. Is a shammy/ druid hybrid still workable or is melee just out atm for clerics?
    "Beer is proof that God love us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Soulwalker

I've been wondering the same thing? I've been using a shaman/justicar build for leveling up but when I get to cap level I want to raid as a melee DPS. Am I just dreaming? Should I have just rolled a Rogue or a Warrior? Any insight into this would be much apprecaited.

Ascendant

Our top ST DPS spec is a melee oriented spec (Bolt n Jolt). Also 51 Druid and 51 Shaman are both pure melee specs and are...useable in certain situations. Read the guide section

I will look at the fea jolt. I need to be sure it works post1.8. Is the first one pre or post?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Our top ST DPS spec is a melee oriented spec (Bolt n Jolt). Also 51 Druid and 51 Shaman are both pure melee specs and are...useable in certain situations. Read the guide section
    I know they are, but the question is viability.. can they hang? Does anyone have parses?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gormesh View Post
    I know they are, but the question is viability.. can they hang? Does anyone have parses?
    In certain situations they are good options but in terms of hanging with other classes top DPS specs? No, definitely not. Bolt n Jolt is the only one that can have a chance of hanging with other classes.

I may give the bolt and jolt a try. Thanks for the information.

Ascendant

Just as a disclaimer Bolt n Jolt relies heavily on raid buffs, so on the dummy it may not look that impressive self buffed only. It scales extremely well with raid buffs so if you don't have a bard and archon both in raid it may not perform -that- much better than our other specs.

I might just roll a warrior to get my fix.

+ Reply to Thread