+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New PVP Healer Cleric needs help!

Default New PVP Healer Cleric needs help!

Howdy all!

I've been with Rift since beta and have played Cleric most of the way, but it has only been a short time since I started in on PVP- And while I am managing to hold in the top five for healing in warfronts consistently, I'm pretty certain I am 'doing it wrong'.

My current build is a slightly tweaked version of the Flamekeeper preset. The macros I am using are just ones I myself cobbled together out of basic logic. I find myself hitting OOM and dying within only 3 - 4 rotations on average. Can any fellow PVP healers suggest a good build and macros I might try, so I can help my teammates more effectively?
    Last edited by Remissus; 06-12-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Plane Touched

You should try 51 Marksman / 15 Ranger with these two macros :

Code:
    #show Fan out
    cast Fan out
    Code:
    #show Eradicate
    cast Eradicate
    I apologize in advance for the bad troll

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Remissus View Post
    Howdy all!

I've been with Rift since beta and have played Cleric most of the way, but it has only been a short time since I started in on PVP- And while I am managing to hold in the top five for healing in warfronts consistently, I'm pretty certain I am 'doing it wrong'.

My current build is a slightly tweaked version of the Flamekeeper preset. The macros I am using are just ones I myself cobbled together out of basic logic. I find myself hitting OOM and dying within only 3 - 4 rotations on average. Can any fellow PVP healers suggest a good build and macros I might try, so I can help my teammates more effectively?
    Hello, I would like you to first read over my guide to Senticar and learn the fundamentals.

The PvP variant of Senticar I use is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...o0xsz0M.xxo.-6

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Hello, I would like you to first read over my guide to Senticar and learn the fundamentals.

The PvP variant of Senticar I use is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...o0xsz0M.xxo.-6
    Excellent! Thanks so much for the link, and I'll get to reading. ^^

38WARDEN/28SENTINEL

Nothing comes close to the absurd healing output of this spec.

You have so many tricks you can save people, that you can pull out of your rear end, it is hilarious.

You don't start seeing how good this spec really is until you get Rank36 weapons.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

38 28 for higher gear levels and survivability (valour), you'll just feel useless playing this spec below rank 6-7 (whatever that is these days) even though it is the vastly superior spec to senticar in pvp healing.

Before then, stack some survivability (I.e. justicar) and get the aoe cleanse from sentinel and learn to love cleansing. Your numbers may not be great, of course you'll want to be healing too, but learn to recognise which debuffs mean what and cleanse your team mates as fast as possible. Any healer can cleanse just as effectively as the next (i.e. you want to be looking for job that are NOT gear dependant at lower gear levels - i.e. purging, cleansing, dom debuffing e.t.c.)

Make mouseover macros and hop to it!

51 Warden 15 Sent

Simple yet effective. AOE is your friend. Clense is your friend.

Killing with WaWa Jet while face tanking is HI-larious fun.

I find AOE heals to be the best option for pvp.
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

38/28 once you're used to healing on the move with quick stops to slam out fastcasts with your Serendipity procs. It's also easier on the mana than some other specs you may have run. I've been running this since low Rank20's and it's incredibly effective once you get used to maximizing it.

Have a Senticar build for some survivability. I am only P29 so I switch from one to the other depending on situation and warfront and whether I have protection or not.

AOE cleanse is a way you can contribute at any Rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    38WARDEN/28SENTINEL

Nothing comes close to the absurd healing output of this spec.

You have so many tricks you can save people, that you can pull out of your rear end, it is hilarious.

You don't start seeing how good this spec really is until you get Rank36 weapons.
    Pffft. You must not have tried 51 sent lately.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Quote Originally Posted by Axaze View Post
    51 Warden 15 Sent

Simple yet effective. AOE is your friend. Clense is your friend.

Killing with WaWa Jet while face tanking is HI-larious fun.

I find AOE heals to be the best option for pvp.
    God awful, even at max rank.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

I also recommend Mann's 39/27 Sent/Ward spec.

It's played a bit differently than 38/28 and Senticar, but if you get the hang of it, you can pump out serious AoE and bursty ST healing constantly. It's more mana-intensive, so be sure to watch your bar when using this spec.

Cheers!
    Zev & Manafont of Seastone
    Vinco Bellum

Soulwalker

Ward/sent isn't what it used to be, far to squishy now. It heals a lot but dies a lot too. At lower ranks try a mix of 28sent 27just 11ward. It gives you superior survivability and doesn't hurt your healing too much. I can easily top the heal charts and rarely die. You can hold your own against a couple players. You also get enough cool downs to give you about 30 seconds of massive damage reduction invade u need to make a run for it.

Once you get to higher ranks you can decide what works for u. I personally switch between this and sent/ward depending how good my team is. If I trust them to protect me, go for bigger heals. Just remember, dead healers do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    Pffft. You must not have tried 51 sent lately.
    I have, and it's nearly the same as it always was, easy to interrupt and shut down, no hots to fill in the middle gaps of silence/stun with break free on cooldown.

Sent is too flaky healing, and unreliable, in PvP, and 28 sentinel gets you all the best abilities in the tree, all the other points are useless, bar, marked by the light, which can be purged.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f1...-13_082709.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f1...-02_005601.jpg

Give me a SS of 51 sent significantly outhealing that, matching low deaths, and maybe I will believe you. Neither of those matches were even hard to heal, and didnt last max length.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Ascendant

I have, and it's nearly the same as it always was, easy to interrupt and shut down, no hots to fill in the middle gaps of silence/stun with break free on cooldown.

Sent is too flaky healing, and unreliable, in PvP, and 28 sentinel gets you all the best abilities in the tree, all the other points are useless, bar, marked by the light, which can be purged.

Give me a SS of 51 sent significantly outhealing that, matching low deaths, and maybe I will believe you. Neither of those matches were even hard to heal, and didnt last max length.
    My senticar routinely tops hps and damage taken, and I rarely ever die.

If you think you're a special snowflake with those numbers, you're dreaming.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-13-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Someone doesn't get sarcasm I think :/. Hehehe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast