+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Synergis

Thread: Holy Knight - HOLY melee dps.

Default Holy Knight - HOLY melee dps.

basically, a dps version of our tank soul and also uses convictions for the abilities learned.

this way we can finally have a holy hero mace fighter like we should have in the first place.

its over all play style would probablybe stacking holy damage debuffs and crit, as well as bouncing damage back to spell casters.
    "Byrinthir, the holy relic among holys. Let our blades Relish in favor to it's sovereignty and it's humble wielder and Vessel,
    King Tristan. May thy grant all Consecration across these holy lands of New Xenobia."

Get out of here with your backwards religion
    Defiant IV Lyfe, nanotech healing only

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Ascendant

I'd much prefer a new tank soul or ranged DPS soul. IMO we have 2 melee souls, Trion is better off just fixing them up.

A support or tank soul seems like the 2 most logical options.

Support because it's a role the Cleric can't do at the moment.

Tank because the Cleric has 2xRDPS 2xMDPS 4xHeal ... and only 1xTank.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-12-2012 at 06:24 PM.

You'll quote me in a year. Nerf retribution cleric.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Plane Touched

I would love to see a life/death based dot spec that would work with inquisitor. Giving inq not only a dps boost but also a harder rotation would be a win win in my books.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Haptiic View Post
    I would love to see a life/death based dot spec that would work with inquisitor. Giving inq not only a dps boost but also a harder rotation would be a win win in my books.
    Harder rotation that yields more DPS if played correctly would really be welcome, this is the reason why playing a mage DPS is so much fun.

Champion

i agree, ive said it before id like to see druid pushed more to support, i dont belive its really a dps soul to begin with, and a new melee tank hybrid spec added that synergized well with justicar and shaman.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Harder rotation that yields more DPS if played correctly would really be welcome, this is the reason why playing a mage DPS is so much fun.
    Yea, pretty much every cleric is a one button spam with like one dot to manage. Couple that with the fact that cleric dps is somewhat behind, and that its incredibly boring to play... you see where im going with this
    Last edited by Haptiic; 06-16-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    You'll quote me in a year. Nerf retribution cleric.
    I lol'ed......
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Yes because everyone wants to brag about how well they can push buttons on a keyboard.
    You like the harder rotation then stay a mage some of us get stressed out enough at work and would rather "relax" AND PLAY A GAME. OmG this is a video game i had no idea.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by cryhavok View Post
    Yes because everyone wants to brag about how well they can push buttons on a keyboard.
    You like the harder rotation then stay a mage some of us get stressed out enough at work and would rather "relax" AND PLAY A GAME. OmG this is a video game i had no idea.
    Its more fun to me than to press 111111111111111211111111111111211111111111. But thats just me.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by cryhavok View Post
    Right. Let me just re-roll my toon and after I'm done leveling to fifty and learning all the new specs I will need to be competent, I'll re-grind a 30k pa experience, then I will get all my hk gear back and then I will be happy again. That is a much better idea than adding a new soul that is harder to play yet yields more dps, which would have no effect what so ever on the current 1 button baddy specs that plague this game. It sucks that game dev's develop games around people like you,making everything more trivial because you "Just want to relax and play a game". If that's all you want go play minecraft or some other single player game.

30k pa aint gonna cut it. The competition has 60, 80, 90k+
    Trion is making it nearly impossible to have a geared alt or change characters. And then all the id marks and daily/weekly lockouts? Heck i still dont even have any id mark stuff for my offspec (tank). Still trying to grind and gear mainspec. And with new level 60 or whatever coming out... Ahhhhh.

All the speculation about the new souls is amusing. I'm pretty stoked to see what we're getting- I really don't have a preference as to heals, DPS, or tank soul.

Zin has basically already said the soul is done and they're messing with them in-office.

I honestly think I might be a bit more excited for the extensions of the existing souls rather than the new soul itself. I'm trying to imagine what kinds of crazy buffs/debuffs/attacks/massive OMGWTFBBQ HeAlZoRz/etc. we get beyond 51 points. Some of the theorycrafting here on the boards will be interesting to see and take part in.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

+ Reply to Thread