+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Build Questions for the new raider.

Default Build Questions for the new raider.

Hi all, I just returned from to the game and have now started raiding. I have been reading all the threads and have some questions regarding the most appropriate healing builds for moving through HK.

I am currently running:

51 Inquisitor for DPS

Senticar for raid heals and 5 mans and most everything (although I'll be adding an inquisicar or cabicar for 5 mans now I think)

My question though pertains to ST tank healing specs.

The last guild I was in asked me to run Sent/Ward for tank healing (which is the spec I was in primarily before I left) so I did.

My current guild is wanting me to run Purisent for tank heals. Which I will do if they would like me to.

However, I am wondering what the "best" tank heal spec is for a newer raider working through HK and then beyond. Would it be better to just go 51 puri? I understand that it could be too heavy on the tank heal side, but it would give me a chance to get comfortable with the spec before hitting ID.

Most of the discussions here have ID in mind, but my question is, what is the most appropriate ST / tank heal spec for working through HK? Am I hurting the raid by pursuing 51 puri?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stouts View Post
    Most of the discussions here have ID in mind, but my question is, what is the most appropriate ST / tank heal spec for working through HK? Am I hurting the raid by pursuing 51 puri?

For Tank healing.. the 2 primary specs your going to want to think about are 51 Puri and 34/32 Purisent. For the purposes of HK... the 34/32 build will suit the situation just fine. For ID however the 51 Puri starts being needed at times. If you have room to carry both then carry both.

As for other builds... Senticar is good as well but you have to decide which one you want to carry. For progression purposes many guilds want the double battle rez version, however realistically you most likely would want one that has more ST/AoE healing flexibility with very strong AoE potential.

51 Inq dps is the way to go unless you cant stand it. It provides the most flexible dps build currently available to clerics while still maintaining strong ST and AoE DPS.

For Trash in HK... Cabicar is helpful... allowing good aoeing down of the trash while putting out support healing. However this is more of a spec to carry ONLY if you have an extra slot to fill.

Finally.. A spec i recommend you always have for any Dungeon, Raid, or Rift run... An -icar. Most likely an Inquisicar as its more flexible then any other type of -Icar. I personally carry a PTF -icar... (17 points in sent for protect the flock). I solo heal dungeons with this build... but its also used on nearly every single fight in raids. Decent dps combined with strong AoE spike healing.

Plane Walker

If you're lesser geared 51 puri could help during Matron.
    Akx - Blackout@Deepwood
    http://riftblackout.com

Thanks No_Exit this is the kind of info I am looking for.

Senticar I carry the heavier healing 1 Brez spec and like it better.

I actually like Inquisitor DPS, which is why I am leaning more towards inquisicar over cabicar for a more dpsy healer now that my static group really doesn't need much healing in experts.

The more pressing question I have/had was regarding the tank healing spec. I was confused when my first HK guild wanted me to go sent/ward after I had done so much reading on the boards regarding tank heals specs and all referenced Puri. I curently have two slots for tank heals, so I think I will spec one into puri/sent and one into 51 puri and just give up on sent/ward for now.

Souls are tight even though I have all 6 I am hoping that inquisicar will not be painful soloing as I am going to have to give up my solo build to fit all these souls.

The more pressing question I have/had was regarding the tank healing spec. I was confused when my first HK guild wanted me to go sent/ward after I had done so much reading on the boards regarding tank heals specs and all referenced Puri. I curently have two slots for tank heals, so I think I will spec one into puri/sent and one into 51 puri and just give up on sent/ward for now.
    Sent/Ward isn't bad... but its more a support healer then a MT healer spec. That's not to say you couldn't MT heal with it.... but i would still consider the 34/32 better 95% of the time. If you had an extra spec though it wouldn't hurt to carry it just to play with it. Tbh though id rather take a 51 warden then a Ward/Sent... especially for a fight like Aky. That's just me personally though.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-12-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1230 View Post
    If you're lesser geared 51 puri could help during Matron.
    Hey AK, how come you dont tank matron anymore?

Plane Touched

Your choice will mostly depends on the tank gear anyway

Just roll a spec of your choosing and see how it goes.

Ascendant

However, I am wondering what the "best" tank heal spec is for a newer raider working through HK and then beyond. Would it be better to just go 51 puri? I understand that it could be too heavy on the tank heal side, but it would give me a chance to get comfortable with the spec before hitting ID.

Thanks!
    It can depend on the tank(s), the other healers in the raid and the encounter itself. Before patch 1.8 there were fights where you could have argued that Sent/ward was clearly superior but now, sent/puri is hard to beat on most of them. Before patch 1.8 those 3 second casts could be pushed back but now those spells are immune to pushback.

This is my preferred build :

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...z.E0E0fczco.-6

Depending on how well geared your group is going through HK, you can easily get by most of the fights using Senticar (as well as on Akylios.) There's not really much tank damage that would require a 51 Puri or Puri/Sent unless they're undergeared and that shield would help to absorb more. The only fight I would even say would be good is Matron and Inquisitor Garau (for the beams.) Oh and maybe on RK/Prince if the mage tank hasn't stacked a ton of death resist + endurance, that will help them out a lot.

As far as getting used to 51 Puri versus 34/32, there's really no difference in terms of cooldowns. You utilize Restorative Flame as your main heal, TTL + Flashover + RF for instant cast oh-****, healing breath to top off quickly, and HC/SC are your go-to defensive cooldown. There's really nothing else you need to weave into this, just keep up your Restorative Flame and Latent Blaze when tank uses it or it times out.

+ Reply to Thread