+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 51 puri vs PuriSent

Plane Touched

Default 51 puri vs PuriSent

Hi,

Is 38/28 Puri/Sent viable for you in ID, in comparison to 51/14/1 Puri/Sent/Cab for MT healing ?

Puri/Sent gives better HpS + Healer's Covenant whereas 51 puri provides better shielding + Rite of the Ancestors + Spiritual Conflagration + BRez.

The question is focused with ID in mind.

Also :
    - What's the best mix for two MT cleric healers ?
    - Is Surging Flames considered as an AoE heal by the sentinel tree ?
    - Would you remove points from Flame Speaker and/or Caregiver's Grace to skill Life's Blessing ?
    - Would you remove points from Light Concentration to skill Embolden and/or Life Efficiency ?

Cheers

I summon thee Ahov!
    <Last Dawn> Cleric Tank
    Ex <New Chapter> GM/Raid Leader

5/8 ID - Laethys P2
    11/11 HK (Conq.) - 4/4 RotP (Shard First Conq.)
    Cleric Tanking Summed Up In 3 Seconds

Ascendant

That build you've linked is kinda bleh I would definitely dump the 5 points out of enflamed rejuvenation and get healers haste and increased the aoe range, it effects surging flames doesn't it ? Definitely get protect the flock also, works off surging flames.

As for the question, it's hard to say. If you assume a 51 puri sits there and only casts RF over and over... you'd have to look at how big that shield off the heal is and at what point you need or don't need it. It all hinges on that shield because a puri/sent is very much superior otherwise.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-12-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    That build you've linked is kinda bleh I would definitely dump the 5 points out of enflamed rejuvenation and get healers haste and increased the aoe range, it effects surging flames doesn't it ? Definitely get protect the flock also, works off surging flames.

As for the question, it's hard to say. If you assume a 51 puri sits there and only casts RF over and over... you'd have to look at how big that shield off the heal is and at what point you need or don't need it. It all hinges on that shield because a puri/sent is very much superior otherwise.
    It's a ST healing build, I don't really care about protect the flock or other sent stuff (not doing the work of Bard / Senticar / Chloro), the 36+ in puri are mandatory for the purpose.

With ~2k1 PS, RF shield is 1k6 for Puri/Sent and 2k8 for 51, Ward is 1k4 for Puri/Sent and 2k for 51. The question is more about better/faster heals vs better shields and HC vs SC.
    Last edited by kode9; 06-12-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Ascendant

51 puri is better for most intents and purposes (unless you absolutely need another HC for some mechanic like on Maklamos)

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    Hi,

Is 38/28 Puri/Sent viable for you in ID, in comparison to 51/14/1 Puri/Sent/Cab for MT healing ?
    Is the gain from going 38 into puri worth losing a rez? In most puri-sent builds the shield is so small it's not worth it, it shields less then overflow from 51 warden but haven't tested 38 points into puri.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

It's a ST healing build, I don't really care about protect the flock or other sent stuff (not doing the work of Bard / Senticar / Chloro), the 36+ in puri are mandatory for the purpose.

With ~2k1 PS, RF shield is 1k6 for Puri/Sent and 2k8 for 51, Ward is 1k4 for Puri/Sent and 2k for 51. The question is more about better/faster heals vs better shields and HC vs SC.

I hear what you are saying, but in ID surging flames can be fantastic, alot of multi-tank encounters and you have given up on healers haste, which is a good cooldown.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-12-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Is the gain from going 38 into puri worth losing a rez? In most puri-sent builds the shield is so small it's not worth it, it shields less then overflow from 51 warden but haven't tested 38 points into puri.
    The BRez is not the biggest loss, if the others clerc / mages are out of BRez the fight is probably not going that well. As for the shield, it's something like 2k raid buffed every 3 or 1.5 second. ~3k every 3 seconds for 51 puri, the difference is here indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but in ID surging flames can be fantastic, alot of multi-tank encounters and you have given up on healers haste, which is a good cooldown.
    Surging flames is nice, but it must be seen as a bonus here. You can remove points from Light concentration to improve it though, hence question 1. You can't have Healer's haste with 36+ puri.

Again it's not a debate on the 38 puri build, and honestly with less than 36 puri, I would better go with a 40+ senti build and use Healing Invocation with sent crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    51 puri is better for most intents and purposes (unless you absolutely need another HC for some mechanic like on Maklamos)
    Can you develop a bit further ? ^^
    Last edited by kode9; 06-12-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Ascendant

Again it's not a debate on the 38 puri build, and honestly with less than 36 puri, I would better go with a 40+ senti build and use Healing Invocation with sent crystal.
    No, no you wouldn't, imo =)

Also, surging flames in my opinion goes beyond being just a nice bonus when it's spread to 5 other people and healing for 3k+ when your RF crits as well as giving those targets 5% mitigation bonus.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-12-2012 at 06:51 AM.

You would be better off going 34/32 or a full 51 puri then 38/28 in ID.

my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post

my 2cents.
    But you gain more than what you lose when switching from 34/32 to 38puri, no?
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post

my 2cents.
    Without any explanation this does not help me at all.

I don't want to debate on 34/32 vs 38/28, I'm not willing to loose these 4 points to get a BRez and Healer's Haste

Rift Disciple

51 puri offers more cooldowns as compared to pirisent. I use both in ID depending on a fight. For purisent I use a greater essense from the vendor that inscreases the absorbtion of shields which brings purisent to almost the same absorb values of 51 puri. Test both and see which one you like the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    But you gain more than what you lose when switching from 34/32 to 38puri, no?
    Well it does depend how the person gets to 38 and what they sacrifice to drop to 28..... however usually its the following trade off:

You gain an AoE shield once every 30 seconds, an extra blessing depending how you spec it, and slightly better shields (very slight).....

At the expense of a Battle rez, Healers Haste, PTF procs off SF over heals, and slightly better AoE healing potential.

The loss of a battle rez is.. imo.. the biggest reason behind the 34/32 being more desirable but Healers haste is a big loss as well. But to each his own.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-12-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by fitness View Post
    51 puri offers more cooldowns as compared to pirisent. I use both in ID depending on a fight. For purisent I use a greater essense from the vendor that inscreases the absorbtion of shields which brings purisent to almost the same absorb values of 51 puri. Test both and see which one you like the most.
    Why not use the Greater Ancestral Soulstone for both? I think it's the best essence you can run at 16+ Purifier. And mandatory if you're up to 44, IMO.
    Last edited by Velkane; 06-12-2012 at 03:46 PM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast