+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good ranged single DPS build

Default Good ranged single DPS build

Is there any?! I'm going crazy here D:

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbroccoli View Post
    Is there any?! I'm going crazy here D:
    51 Inquisitor is the only ranged ST DPS spec a Cleric has. It's okay. Inferior to MM and Pyro, but okay.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Well I am not playing rift because of PVP, i am getting into raiding. I have a DPS build that is great when it comes to AOE, but terrible when it comes to single targets.

51 inquisitor, 10 Sentinel, 5 Cabalist.

Strong ST DPS
    Strong AoE DPS
    Very Flexible build that contains some self healing through vex, some general healing through HB/HG for emergencies, a purge, a magic damage increaser debuff, a ranged mana regen, and more. It can be played from range or melee with minimal change to dps on most fights, and has the ability to weave in and out of ST and AoE dps without any issues.

It doesnt compete with other classes ST DPS but it certainly is one of the strongest DPS builds for clerics and far and beyond the most flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    51 inquisitor, 10 Sentinel, 5 Cabalist.

Strong ST DPS
    Strong AoE DPS
    Very Flexible build that contains some self healing through vex, some general healing through HB/HG for emergencies, a purge, a magic damage increaser debuff, a ranged mana regen, and more. It can be played from range or melee with minimal change to dps on most fights, and has the ability to weave in and out of ST and AoE dps without any issues.

It doesnt compete with other classes ST DPS but it certainly is one of the strongest DPS builds for clerics and far and beyond the most flexible.
    Thank you so very much <3<3<3

I am so sorry for being annoying, but is there a skill tree you can link me to? And are there any Macros i need?

thanks <3<3<3

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Rift Disciple

I don't usually run 51 Inq, but when I do, it's 51/9/6 <--- Get meme'd on!

I feel like the access to Dark Harbor and Obliterate is nice to have if you ever decide that you want to PvP. That and having the additional resists for dungeons with AOE can be nice. Nothing earth shattering but I don't think the DPS loss is massive by going 9/6 for the utility you may gain.
    ODOMA!!!

I've got a concise guide with build, macros and rotation in my signature. Check out the Inquisitor one.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by actionvapor View Post
    I've got a concise guide with build, macros and rotation in my signature. Check out the Inquisitor one.
    Your guide is incorrect as well. Mine is much more accurate in terms of maximum dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Your guide is incorrect as well. Mine is much more accurate in terms of maximum dps.
    Our guides look very similiar, same build, rotations look pretty close...what difference are you seeing?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by actionvapor View Post
    Our guides look very similiar, same build, rotations look pretty close...what difference are you seeing?
    1. Spam attack (uses spells with cast times and if moving, uses instant casts)

suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Nysyr's Rebuke
    cast Bolt of Judgment
    cast Life's Vengeance
    worst macro you can do as inquisitor, didn't go further.

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    worst macro you can do as inquisitor, didn't go further.
    Quit with the melodrama.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Quit with the melodrama.
    Yeah, saying it's the "worst macro ever" is a bit of an exagerration but I understand his point.
    It would be more optimal to take Nysr's Rebuke out of the macro, so you aren't stuck casting it when Vex has fallen off or the crystal has reset SH's CD.

I've debated removing it from the macro and perhaps I will but for now it's one less thing to micro-manage and I doubt it makes that much difference.

Champion

While macroing nysyr's rebuke is a bad idea for obvious reason, it's not worth tearing each others throats out in a thread made by relatively new player asking new player questions, but you should be able to figure out why it needs its own button after running it on any boss with movement.

Pure inquisitor is in a tough spot, they don't scale well so in most cases having any other ranged DPS is a better way to fill the raid slot.

If you're doing T1/T2 raids you're probably better off running inquisicar most of the time unless you're running way too many clerics(doing it wrong) or are able to go joltisitor. Most of time in these raids, raid-wide damage is extremely low most of the time, with the occasional spike which only lasts a few seconds. Rather than wasting slots with healers who spend 80% of the fight doing nothing but overhealing you can just take a bunch of inquisicars and actually do damage and still have the heals for the few moments where they are needed.
    Last edited by Cammyle; 06-16-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbroccoli View Post
    Thank you so very much <3<3<3

I am so sorry for being annoying, but is there a skill tree you can link me to? And are there any Macros i need?

thanks <3<3<3
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...Ekigtkqz.V0x.V

For ST:
    #show sanction heretic
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast sanction heretic
    cast bolt of judgment
    cast life's vengeance
    cast vex

You can also switch Vex with Banish since you will be managing Vex on its own for maximum up time... or keep both on the macro although since they are both instant no cd's its kinda silly. Make sure when Vex runs out you reapply asap. Use Nysyr's rebuke when off cooldown.

As for Bolt of Depravity. I prefer to have it macro'd with Fanaticism however you want to use it any time it procs. In other words.. anytime its instant.. use it... regardless of if Fanaticism is off CD.

For AoE
    #show soul drain
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast soul drain
    cast bound fate
    cast circle of oblivion

EDIT: I just realized Ahov listed his guide already on this thread so fail me. I saw your post and just strait quoted and started giving the info. You can just view his guide for more detail on things although i do run things just slightly different then him and all my macros are not quite the same as his... but its a great guide non the less and i recommend it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...sitor-pve.html
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-16-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Didnt see Ahovs link

+ Reply to Thread