+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good druid build.

Soulwalker

Default Looking for a good druid build.

Hey guys, I've been studying looking for a good druid build, and I just cant seem to find one. Does anyone know of one or a place I can find one? thank you in advance. If this has been posted before, my apology because I used the search function and couldn't find anything.

Plane Touched

Main macro

Code:
    #show Eruption of Life
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Combined Effort
    cast Eruption of Life
    cast Bombard
    cast Sanction Heretic
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Vex
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Glory of the Chosen
    Soul Tree
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EqIqAkqqz.M.-6

Just spam the macro and add in LH when it drops. You can also add in the pet abilities to the macro but i chose not to because its annoying if they die. Bind your pet Defensive and passive to your m4 and m5 buttons if you have them for easier management.

There isnt really a "good" druid build atm. But there are druid builds that can function on some level.

Try a Druidicar if you want to have some "fun" in dungeons ;)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    There isnt really a "good" druid build atm. But there are druid builds that can function on some level.

Try a Druidicar if you want to have some "fun" in dungeons ;)
    Druid is just as good as inq as far as I have seen(I actually do 200+more dps in druid that when I'm in inq). Now, that said I'm not some try hard that is 8/8 id already and has all BIS everything. For most guilds the difference between the two will be barley noticeable(if at all). One thing to note, if you don't have many clerics or they are all healing, you would be better to run 51 inq for the Raid buff they give.

there is a whole guide section.... and there are 3 or 4 druid builds posted there. 43 druid is top druid dps atm.
    *Looks at Greenscale* "Ima Boop you on the head"... "BOOP"*arrow hits Greenscale in the face* *slip away* "RoFL" .... Raid wipe.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Atrlion View Post
    there is a whole guide section.... and there are 3 or 4 druid builds posted there. 43 druid is top druid dps atm.
    If you could be so kind as to link us.

Edit- nvm saw the post. But since it's basically the druid equivalent of BnJ, you might as well just run BnJ is you are going to run that spec.
    Last edited by Haptiic; 06-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Haptiic View Post
    If you could be so kind as to link us.

Edit- nvm saw the post. But since it's basically the druid equivalent of BnJ, you might as well just run BnJ is you are going to run that spec.
    Since i cant edit my previous post ill just add this.

It seems like that spec might be better than BnJ mobility wise because you don't have to stand in melee range casting spells(My biggest gripe about that spec). It also has the blink plus one or two moves you can use on the run. I will have to look into it.

Plane Touched

51 druid > other druid variants.

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    51 druid > other druid variants.
    Not according to the latest tests.

Ascendant

I like Druid for content where I don't have raid buffs, it starts out relatively higher in DPS and is pretty even with the other specs atleast just completely self buffed. However, it scales for absolute garbage in a raid setting, so if you're getting a bard/archon at all it is certainly not optimal to use it. I did see that guide today about the BnJ for some Druid variant and am curious to check it out when I get home.

Rift Chaser

I've never done Raid content, and only run experts with PUGs, but I've found 51 Druid, 51 Shaman, and 51 Inquisitor to all have roughly the same DPS. At almost full P40 armor with some Expert-drops for 100 Focus (2H Hammer, Wand, Ring), I do about ~900 ST DPS with all of them. I'm also to lazy to have a non-Valor source engine. My DPS would probably go up if I went for +stat lessers, instead of +Valor and my Greaters for shields on heals.

I haven't tried a BnJ variant, though.
    Last edited by Velkane; 06-11-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    Not according to the latest tests.
    Where can I find theses tests (possibly the parses) please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    I've never done Raid content, and only run experts with PUGs, but I've found 51 Druid, 51 Shaman, and 51 Inquisitor to all have roughly the same DPS. At almost full P40 armor with some Expert-drops for 100 Focus (2H Hammer, Wand, Ring), I do about ~900 ST DPS with all of them. I'm also to lazy to have a non-Valor source engine. My DPS would probably go up if I went for +stat lessers, instead of +Valor and my Greaters for shields on heals.

I haven't tried a BnJ variant, though.
    You definitly need raid buff to make a good use of BnJ. Outside raids, 51 inq will be the spec to go most of the time (if you're not healing) ^^

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Reion1 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been studying looking for a good druid build, and I just cant seem to find one. Does anyone know of one or a place I can find one? thank you in advance. If this has been posted before, my apology because I used the search function and couldn't find anything.
    I heard WOW and EQ have good Druid builds. But you wont find one in Rift.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

I dont personally have parses to show, but from some of the druid guides recently comes word that the 51 druid doesnt scale as well as mid 40 druids with higher shaman, less pet reliance, and more dps control.

I may run some tests on the PTS if i have time but tbh... i have no plans to use Druid so i dont have much incentive to push it when the only DPS build i can and want to carry atm is 51 inq.

Plane Touched

I can tell you that the 43druid 20 whatever shaman build that was posted in the guides section the other day is in fact better than 51 druid, even more so while raid buffed. although you really cant go wrong with either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast