+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Augments for Keeper set: End or Str? Or...?

Shadowlander

Default Augments for Keeper set: End or Str? Or...?

Title says it all, about to craft my Keeper tank set, and just need the Augments. I've looked at a few of the BiS gear write ups and such, but (unless I overlooked it, entirely possible!) I did not see the recommended Augments for crafted items. I would THINK, STR would be preferred for more Block. However, I got to thinking maybe we could benefit more from END instead. Then again, for threat purposes, maybe SP (Blessed) would be the better choice for DoL and such.

Any advice would be very much obliged.

Ascendant

Most of the ones that say Strength are pre-1.8 lists.

Just use Wisdom.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the reply. I'm not discounting it, by any means, but I would like to ask 'Why' Wisdom over Block, or more HP?

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

100% of your wisdom is converted to block, so there's no wisdom over block.

Endurance is best; this has been confirmed repeatedly on these forums by some folks who put a ton of work into figuring out the best tanking gear/stats. Flawless Vitalium is always your best bet. If you can afford it, that is -- there's a reason it's usually one of the most expensive augments on the AH.

Best of luck!

Go with endurance. Mein of Leadership multiplies that stat, so you will get more effective stat points from endurance than any other stat. Not that you'll be anywhere near block cap in crafted gear, but block has a cap. HP does not.

Something else to keep in mind when you upgrade from gear sets: Endurance stats on gear are multiplied, endurance stats from set bonuses are not, as they count as buffs. It confused the hell out of me when my HP went up after upgrading from the blighted set and losing the 40 endurance bonus.

Rift Disciple

Endurance.

+ Reply to Thread