+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Maedoc92

Thread: Good Cleric levelling build?

Default Good Cleric levelling build?

Hello

I know you probably get threads like this all the time, but I was wondering what a good levelling build would be for my Cleric? Currently he's 36 and is struggling~ in PvE (and PvP, though that's not as important).

(I used the search function but the threads I found were all rather out of date)

I don't really mind if it's melee or caster, just .. something to make the journey to 50 less painful

Thanks for reading!

It's been awhile since I even attempted leveling a cleric but I'd imagine that the Shamicar (or Duracell, whatever you want to call it) is still viable.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ns-videos.html

Thunderer, if you want range rather than melee then Arbiter.

What are these?

If you look at your soul tree on the bottom off center to the left a little is a tree looking button. Click on that and you will see 4 builds.

The 2 DPS ones are Thunderer (Shaman/Justicar) and is good for Solo; and Arbriter (Inquisitor) and is good for range dps.

There is 1 healing build and 1 tank build.

In short, work up the coin to have all 4 role slots available and put one of these builds in each role slot. Then you can solo, tank, heal and dps.

These builds are all solid. The community would argue some points are better spent here or there, but for ease of leveling and communication, these 4 are your best bet.

What it will do, it show you how to spend EACH point as you level. Just play these builds until 50 and then you can start fine tuning things.

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    It's been awhile since I even attempted leveling a cleric but I'd imagine that the Shamicar (or Duracell, whatever you want to call it) is still viable.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ns-videos.html
    Duracell is dead unfortunately - I used that to lvl a lot Now I would suggest using druid/sham/justicar - or sub justicar for purifier for self heals/bubble. But apparently now, druid has been resurrected from the dead and a viable spec to play with if you like to smash skulls that is works nicely with shammy.

I think sent/just/ are good for casting single and for aoe, cabalist with a bit of just and pur are always good but wouldn't suggest using that to solo with - dungeon for aoe damage but not to solo.

Duracell is still going strong!
    Sketch @ Icewatch
    Uxorai @ Icewatch
    Zey @ Icewatch

Soulwalker

Just use any of the premade builds. I leved a cleric to 45 recently using to test them out, and the Inq build worked very well.

Plane Touched

As said before, tje Inquisitor premade build is perfect for questions and bashing mobs 1 one by one.

If you just want to grind mobs, you're gonna need some justicar though

Plane Touched
    Last edited by kode9; 06-07-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Soulwalker

<----Never grinds mobs one by one

Quote Originally Posted by Uxor View Post
    Duracell is still going strong!
    The last page of the Duracell thread gives you the updated build. Otherwise is it pretty as it was from what I can see. Definitely not dead.

dbe
    General of Telara

I leveled all the way as Inquisitor. It kills faster than the melee builds that include Justicar, but lacks a little of the defense. It's very good at aoe killing. Here's what I would have for level 36:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xtoVz.V0x.M.-6

Keep healing breath and healing spray on your bar. Pull multiples with vex, soul drain + circle of oblivion when they're all gathered. Contempt keeps you healed. For tougher single pulls, open with depravity and use impede + excommunicate to keep them off you. Aggressive renewal when it's up (and when you'll get all 3 ticks). You don't need/use the attacks from the other two trees, just the heals. Finish out destructive tide and the rest of Inq on the way to 50.

A plus is that it's a good group dps spec (even at 50+) as well as a good solo spec.
    Last edited by dbe; 06-07-2012 at 04:14 AM.

If you want melee then

Druid heavily to 32 - 34
    Shaman heavily from there.
    Justicar no points.

Macro up ST ST nuke and AoE - include the reacts and mana regens
    Hotkey shields, heal and spare aoe for quick use.

I just went to to 47 on this. With the self buffs and revised Druid tree, Duracell seems weak and awkward.
    Notice : My signature is now only available from my shop.

+ Reply to Thread