+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 5Man: Cleric Tank without any Healer?

Telaran

Default 5Man: Cleric Tank without any Healer?

I saw them now a few times, cleric tanks with so damn high selfheal, so they don't need any healer in a 5man?

Do you know what kind of spec they are using? I even saw one without any shield some time ago..

Would be nice to get some suggestions, what they could be using..

Greets,

Come

It's entirely possible to have variations of 51 justicar that mix in Warden for better DOL and a cleanse or go a few more points into Inquisitor for a purge.

It's just about anticipating the damage you'll be taking and using your cooldowns appropriately. My guild's fantasmical cleric tank enjoys solo-healing as a tank when we queue as a pre-made. Dem huge Doctrine of Authority crits are p baller.

Ascendant

I honestly think it's better to run a full tank build, and pull as much as you can until you are stressing your healer.

That's how to get it done fast.

Proving you don't need a healer and killing 3-4 at a time isn't as efficient.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-02-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I honestly think it's better to run a full tank build, and pull as much as you can until you are stressing your healer.

That's how to get it done fast.

Proving you don't need a healer and killing 3-4 at a time isn't as efficient.
    With enough gear, you can actually pretty much heal the entire party and pull pretty quickly. But for fairly new cleric tanks? Not a good idea.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Telaran

No special specc needed... just an 51justicar/12inq/3shaman... the only trick: equip 2 toughness items + spellpower/healing gear. Thats it. No special tricks.

You are able to heal any expert dungeon. I am running @~11k hp and ~2-2,1k spellpower... partyyyyy
    ID 5/8

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    It could be worse, you could be french

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by BrownsMageNerfDelivery View Post
    With enough gear, you can actually pretty much heal the entire party and pull pretty quickly. But for fairly new cleric tanks? Not a good idea.
    I guess, I still don't think it's such a great idea even if a tank is fully HK geared. Seems like a waste of a role slot.

When I heal it is noticeable I can't tell you how annoying it is to get into a place like MMCR, be the only healer and also have to deal with a tank that doesn't seem to understand that they're only making things harder for us all if they're getting smashed on every pull. Particularly when i'm on my Mage, turn on the AOE veil and the tank gets smashed... turn on the tank veil and the group gets smashed.

Telaran

I guess, I still don't think it's such a great idea even if a tank is fully HK geared. Seems like a waste of a role slot.
    LOL? Waste?

1st case: 1 tank, 1 (full) healer or a supporter+ 3 DDs

2nd case: 1 tank who heals the entire group + 4 DDs

I prefer the 2nd case.
    ID 5/8

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    LOL? Waste?

1st case: 1 tank, 1 (full) healer or a supporter+ 3 DDs

2nd case: 1 tank who heals the entire group + 4 DDs

I prefer the 2nd case.
    I mean for your character, you only get 6 roles and it's tight enough as it is without having a tank role that isn't a full tank role.
    Last edited by Malark; 06-02-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Telaran

I mean for your character, you only get 6 roles and it's tight enough as it is without having a tank role that isn't a full tank role.
    Yea well.. possibly yes.. possibly no.. of course this depends on [...].
    ID 5/8

Quote Originally Posted by D4rkBlad3r View Post
    I saw them now a few times, cleric tanks with so damn high selfheal, so they don't need any healer in a 5man?

Do you know what kind of spec they are using? I even saw one without any shield some time ago..

Would be nice to get some suggestions, what they could be using..
    They are just geared out clerics running the normal tank spec with mostly heal/dps gear on and just a few tanking items to hit the numbers they need for tanking. It doesnt work for all dungeons but some are a lot easier then others.

However if your geared out enough i would still recommend running just pure chain pull tank + icar healer. I think it would go just as fast if not faster... and allow a much safer run.

Soulwalker

I do this on my cleric. Tanking is my offspec. I run a 51 justicar/5 shaman/10 inq.

I have 1 or 2 drops from HK, but did this before I got those pieces. I use Thorvin's Unyielding Will, the relic from gsb. I also use shoe and my tanking core has 1 greater that does additional healing because I like being a lazy aggro tank.

I can pull large groups and not worry about any aggro issues. Group doesn't take much damage. I usually forget to use CDs.

Basically, this is easy to do if you don't have a group of idiots (aoe as you pull, that kind of stuff).

Telaran

Been doing this for a while. I use my normal tanking spec 51just/3sham/12inquis and use all dps/heals gear with exception of 2pieces to get that 100thoughness, rotp hammer and SHoE(hk version now). Pretty easy to be honest, dont even use an icar everyone just straight dps. Done every dungeon at this point, havent tried mastermodes yet. The only one i ever worried about was caducues himself cause of no cleanses, but it was actually healed through relly easy.

aux

No big selfheals, just outgearing the content. We could use a new tier!
    I'm so BORED

When you are looking for a little bit of a challenge and Tanking/Healing a T2 in your tank spec is not enough, do it in a 51 Druid / 15 Justicar spec. So far I've done DD/RotF like this. Still playing around though.

But as the others have said, your a cleric, be the group.

Been also running around with justicar + druid greater fairy. equipping heal gear and its all good

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast