+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crafted gear question

Default Crafted gear question

I'm just coming back to the game, and I left right before the big wave of equipment adjustments. When I left I had hit 300 in armorcrafting on my newly 50 cleric, but the recipes I could buy looked kind of underwhelming. My character doesn't raid, I just like doing quest content or teaming with a pal for a chronicle. (I haven't even done most regular dungeons.) I usually run a soloing build like shaman/justicar or inquistor/cabalist, so basically I focus on damage. (In a real pinch I can switch to my deep justicar/purifier build and slowly chip away at a single elite, or maybe tank a rift, but it's not my forte.) I need to finish Stillmoor, and have hardly touched Ember Isle.

I've got quite a few plaques - should I go ahead and buy some of the chain gear recipes and craft them for myself? Which do you recommend? Right now I have a mix of the gear I crafted without buying plaque recipes, a few quest greens, and a few planar or special event purples.

If you have the mats, you could probably ask someone to make them for you, but the crafted old healers set is not a bad set to use for DPS, just use a flawless augment. You can probably get into a few random dungeons and get some decent gear that way. I think most of that is better then the lower 50 crafted sets. If you do want to get better gear, you can also just pug in on those weekly ROS/GSB. Most people are over geared now so you can probably pick up a lot of loot that way for very little time.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep that in mind. I hesitate to pickup group much of anything because I am so rusty. I had already gone ahead and spent my plaques on the ... I think the Broken Oath body and shoulder pieces. I have all the skills I need, I just have to work on getting the rare materials. But, I'm also sitting on a couple crafting rift lures. Hopefully when I really have some decent time on the weekend I can use those and get going.

+ Reply to Thread