+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good cleric raid/dung healing spec?

Soulwalker

Default Good cleric raid/dung healing spec?

Can anyone link me to a good one? I'm using a pvp one at the moment and it's so-so.

thanks

Rift Chaser

I use 51 Purifier/15 Warden for both PvP and PvE Experts. There are a few fights I have a harder time with, namely ones with a lot of AoE damage (e.g. last dude in Upper Caduceus), but fights with little AoE are ridiculously simple. I'm sure that's because I'm slightly overgeared for Experts (in 50% Heretic), and the fact that Purifier is amazingly good at ST healing.

I'd guess any 51 Healing Soul spec will work well in PvE.

51 Sentinel has amazing AoE, and pretty good ST.

Warden is great at both, with their stacking hots, AoE hots, Ripple, and Deluge. Warden is definitely the most efficient.

Purifier has the best ST heals, but pretty lackluster AoE capability. As a Purifier, I rely on Gathering of the Ancestors, and took Warden to 15 for Healing Flood. If your DPS isn't stupid, that's generally enough.
    Last edited by Velkane; 05-31-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Rift Disciple

I would never use a 51 Puri for PVP nor experts.

51 Puris are used for fights like Greenscale/Ituziel...

Your lack of AOE heals apart from Divine call and Healing Communions that you should refrain from casting (51puri/15sent). It is more than enough to run a Sent/Puri for more than expected tank damage without the sacrifice in AOE capabilities.

I personally don't like to stand still so I use Sent/Ward and never had issues with it. But by all means, if 51 Puri works for you, then I cannot say any more, just that I would never use it.

As for OPs question: Raid heals - 51/15 inquisicar, as you mentionned nothing about MT heals or so
    Last edited by okooko; 05-31-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    Okooko <Synapse>
    Aerospace Engineer
    Yeah, I fly planes.

Plane Touched

dungeons : Inquicar 42/14/10
    masters : senticar whichever you prefer
    most of the raids : sent/ward 32/34 for mono, senticar or inquicar for raid

but that mostly depends on your gear and your tank's gear.
    Last edited by kode9; 05-31-2012 at 04:42 PM.

My favorite two Senticar variants atm are 34/10/22 and 33/12/21. The first is less ranged friendly, but will provide better DoLs for your raid healing.

If you need a raid healing spec that also provides a bit better single-target/main-tank healing, you can build a crownicar - 40-44 sent / 11-12 inq / 11-14 justicar. You do lose Light Makes Right with this setup, but it is still a very viable option.

I'm a fan of the obligatory double-brez Senticar build. I really loathe DPSing in dungeons, so I don't really care about getting soul drain or doing more damage. Works out just well and it's my raid healing spec too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daergo View Post
    My favorite two Senticar variants atm are 34/10/22 and 33/12/21. The first is less ranged friendly, but will provide better DoLs for your raid healing.

If you need a raid healing spec that also provides a bit better single-target/main-tank healing, you can build a crownicar - 40-44 sent / 11-12 inq / 11-14 justicar. You do lose Light Makes Right with this setup, but it is still a very viable option.
    For PvE it's generally better to get the improved Even Justice (perhaps not so often in raids, but certainly for T2s)

Ascendant

For an over all 5 man spec

Sentinel/Warden
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...co.xE0xokRo.-6

If you hate senticar like me.

Overall tank heal spec that takes advantage of surging flames..

Purifier/Sentinel.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...z.E0E0fczco.-6
    Last edited by Malark; 06-02-2012 at 02:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread