+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Soloing dependent on shielding

Default Soloing dependent on shielding

So I remove shielding essences and take off token of warding, I pretty much got instagibbed by small pulls
    in EI trying to tank them

So are using broken shielding essence for tanking or going 51 cab the only options?

Please disable these HEALING essences with Salvation and rebalance so the class actually works

51 inq is good to solo in. Just vex every mob you attack.

Atomix - Rogue
    Paradox - Warrior

Yeah post up the spec because I do fine with all lessers.

Rift Chaser

You CAN do fine without the essences. But things like Crystal Vine, Frozen Deep One Tear, and maybe others (please name them if there are more!) make AoE-farming with Salvation ridiculously easy.

I'm wondering if this is how some of those Shamicars are getting huge Healing Done and Damage Done numbers in PvP. Get both these Greaters and swing with AoEs whenever you can. The range on AoEs is pretty big.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Plane Touched

22 justi 44 shaman, I solo pretty much everything.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Haptiic View Post
    22 justi 44 shaman, I solo pretty much everything.
    Yeah, I'm using 46/20 Shamicar, and I solo as many things as I can gather on EI no problem. I just have Crystal Vine slotted, too. I'm sure it'll be much safer when I get enough favor to kit myself out in another source engine for Shamicar with Crystal Vine + Frozen Deep One Tear.
    Last edited by Velkane; 05-30-2012 at 06:24 PM.

So are using broken shielding essence for tanking or going 51 cab the only options?
    I solo with Druidicar using my standard DPS sigil.

It all depends on your gear. The lower the levels the moe shielding and helaing you'll need. As you progress, being able to 2/3shot mobs makes a pure deeps spec perfectly fine.

I (like one of the APs) use 51 Inq (raid st spec, nothing special). It has enough heals and utility in it to get out of nasty situations, and generally run amok throughout EI.

Vex everything, use Harsh Discipline if necessary, Healing Breath in emergencies or, as a last resort, a healing pot or revitalistaion seed. Purging makes a huge difference, and Nysyr's Rebuke stuns for the duration ofc, so you can get a good bit of damage on before the mob even reaches you.

With lower gear levels I used 44 Shami, 22 Justi, swapping Miens depending on the situation. Many ppl use Cabicar, but I hear it can get a bit dicey on occasion, I've never tried it. There's also Druid specs (faerie heals) or Duracell.

GL finding the one that suits you.

Ascendant

I honestly don't even know where to begin with this post here.

I've never used a major essence or a warding trinket and I've soloed trust me. For you to say something like this makes me think you need to take a good long look at the class you're playing.

Take this advice: Just run raids, run Drowned Halls, run River of Souls, Greenscale Blight, Guilded Prophecy... (with your guild or in a public group) don't be shy or worried, if they don't like your gear or how you play, the worst that can happen is you get kicked out and try with someone else later. You do this, within 2 weeks you'll be able to solo 2+ mobs in Ember Isle as Inquisicar, and harder mobs with Druidcar. That's it, the rest is Wtf ?!!?!?
    Last edited by Malark; 05-31-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    Yeah, I'm using 46/20 Shamicar, and I solo as many things as I can gather on EI no problem. I just have Crystal Vine slotted, too. I'm sure it'll be much safer when I get enough favor to kit myself out in another source engine for Shamicar with Crystal Vine + Frozen Deep One Tear.

Yup running crystal vine and frozen tear atm, although once you have the hk 4 piece get the justicar crystal, you can heal through pretty much anything with that. I've even started solo healing experts in shammicar just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    I've never used a major essence or a warding trinket and I've soloed trust me. For you to say something like this makes me think you need to take a good long look at the class you're playing.
    Oh yeah, I meant to say this too. I run with 6 lessers. Always have.

Rift Chaser

I don't agree with the OP, you CAN solo stuff on EI without the planar essence greaters. But why would you? You can solo so many more mobs simultaneously with them, at virtually no DPS loss. The stat changes from 2 lessers is insignficant when compared to how much CV + FDOT proc off Salvation on AoE swings.

I don't know why anyone is playing hardmode. It's not like there're achievements or better loot drops when you do it.

Go get the essences, go Justicar, Druid, or Shaman, and just spam your AoE macro while you run around. You'll never die, stuff will drop loot all around you, and it'll be crazy fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    I don't agree with the OP, you CAN solo stuff on EI without the planar essence greaters. But why would you?

Sounds like great fun. The reason I haven't (so far) is that I haven't felt it necessary and all my ISS goes into building individual source machines for different raiding specs/encounters. Maybe I'll give it a go though - can't knock it til you've tried it.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    Sounds like great fun. The reason I haven't (so far) is that I haven't felt it necessary and all my ISS goes into building individual source machines for different raiding specs/encounters. Maybe I'll give it a go though - can't knock it til you've tried it.
    It's like 2 ISS and 4K Planarite Now you do need to build out the rest of the source engine, but like I said, those two greaters make such a huge difference. And you just need like 10 points in Justicar to make it sing. Put the rest in any other soul with AoEs, and you'll be amazed. Shamicar seems to be the most popular, but Druidicar or and Cabicar should work well.

+ Reply to Thread