+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Zaros
  • 2 Post By dead2soon
  • 1 Post By Ahov

Thread: New to Rift, clerics bad?

Shadowlander

Default New to Rift, clerics bad?

I just came back to rift, didn't play it much previously. I rolled a cleric, level 25 now. Healing dungeons seems ok, questing solo isn't too bad.

Tried a few warfronts as a healer, got completely owned it was no fun at all.

I read lots of posts on what spec I should be, but it doesn't seem to matter I feel pretty useless in pvp.

I see alot of posts about how bad clerics are in pvp as healers, is there another spec I should try if healing is really that bad?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zeaks View Post
    I just came back to rift, didn't play it much previously. I rolled a cleric, level 25 now. Healing dungeons seems ok, questing solo isn't too bad.

Tried a few warfronts as a healer, got completely owned it was no fun at all.

I read lots of posts on what spec I should be, but it doesn't seem to matter I feel pretty useless in pvp.

I see alot of posts about how bad clerics are in pvp as healers, is there another spec I should try if healing is really that bad?
    Here's your problem: you're level 25.

The only way to heal in PVP is to be a Cleric.
    ~Quiescent

Low-level warfronts are kind of biased right now if you haven't gotten the best gear you can for your level (this includes runes, a full sigil) due to the lowbie warfronts dominated by uhhh Twinks. You can get knocked out pretty hard and it is definitely frustrating.

Most use a variation of Justicar with another soul (usually Inquisitor) to have some parry/dodge mitigation to last a little longer.

Healing is definitely not bad once you hit the 50 bracket. There are a large variety of specs to utilize that don't die immediately when a warrior or rogue look at you. It just takes a lot of adapting to your surrounding, kiting, management of cooldowns and accepting that once in awhile, you may end up having 10 people converge on you at once and poof, you're dead.

PVPing as a cleric healer leaves much to be desired after the warden beat down. I really only know of the level 50 experience and it's rough. I usually die 1v1 but I do a lot of good for the team by spamming aoe heals. Single target healing doesn't do much good as the target is dead before the heal goes off so I just try to pad their health with aoe heals and hope it turns the tide for a large group. If they focus me I'll die quickly and often a warrior or rogue will come behind the front line and kill me while the rest of the team pays no attention. If I end up by myself I'm useless.

I much prefer playing justicar/inquistor. I can defend myself and win most 1v1 fights. I have quite a bit of survivability and still spam some aoe heals. Often the team will complain I'm not in heal spec but I just ignore it since they don't usually have my back anyways and I have to do what makes the game fun for me.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

Ah yes, the "a game should only be balanced at max level" mentality. It is good to see the WoW players are branching out but I would rather you left that line of thinking in WoW. Isn't destroying one games pvp enough?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    So, because I am level 25, I shouldn't be doing as well as other classes? What level do clerics do well? I'm glad this is just for pvp for this particular class, otherwise It wouldn't make playing the character for the first 50 levels much fun.

@Riane and dead2soon Thanks, I'll try those out
    Last edited by Zeaks; 05-30-2012 at 06:12 PM.

So, because I am level 25, I shouldn't be doing as well as other classes? What level do clerics do well? I'm glad this is just for pvp for this particular class, otherwise It wouldn't make playing the character for the first 50 levels much fun.
    Low level warfronts are badly balanced and twinks have destroyed what little balance there was. If your level doesn't end in 7-9 you're pretty much fodder these days. Being a healer, you have it a little better than the other classes, because you can stay in the back.

Clerics are the best PvP healers in the game and you can start to see that potential around level 28 or so after maxing Serendipity in the Sentinel tree. Marksmen and other rogues stop being able to kill you once you hit level 50 and get medium PvP gear.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Ascendant

@Riane and dead2soon Thanks, I'll try those out
    It's because Trion doesn't dedicate their time making the leveling process fun or balanced. They make the (generally) correct assumption that more time dedicated toward endgame (where you spend most of your playing time) is resources better spent.

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    If they focus me I'll die quickly and often a warrior or rogue will come behind the front line and kill me while the rest of the team pays no attention. If I end up by myself I'm useless.
    I know! I hate that when it happens. I've had people run right by me when I'm under attack..then complain about not getting heals?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Plane Touched

Sorry but... Your problem won't be solved at lvl50 Eventually it will at lvl 50 AND some good pvp stuff.
    Last edited by kode9; 06-01-2012 at 05:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread