+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [PVE] Overflow procs PVP values in ID/HK

Default [PVE] Overflow procs PVP values in ID/HK

Any other Wardens notice this issue came back? Overflow procs were more than 2X's less than what tooltip indicated it should be... I noticed it both Friday evening in HK and Tuesday evening in ID... on all encounters.

It's possible Wednesday patch resolved it - I will not have a chance to test again until Friday (also to check SS and healing spray) and just wondering if anyone else noticed this PVE *working like* PVP issue come back.

Shadowlander

Friendly advise, dump the warden spec. Its pretty useless in ID. Its heals are to slow and just cant keep up effectively in there. Also, outside of maybe Grug, it doesnt perform well in HK anymore either. You're better off in a Inquisicar or Senticar spec in most situations over Warden these days.

Soulwalker

please norrath, go back under the ignorant rock you live under. Warden is still viable in every fight, you just have to know how to stack hots. the heals are mostly quicker than in senticar aswell + you have your hots rolling 100% of the time, most of the time on several targets.
    and in adition to this, you cannot compare a ST healing build to a AoE healing build. the combination of warden and sentinel gives far supperior ST healing and a almost as good AoE healing to what a Senticar will give.

5/8 ID (HM)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagge View Post
    please norrath, go back under the ignorant rock you live under. Warden is still viable in every fight, you just have to know how to stack hots. the heals are mostly quicker than in senticar aswell + you have your hots rolling 100% of the time, most of the time on several targets.
    and in adition to this, you cannot compare a ST healing build to a AoE healing build. the combination of warden and sentinel gives far supperior ST healing and a almost as good AoE healing to what a Senticar will give.
    I agree with Zagge... Norrath ur perspective is fail my friend! Or u are just playing warden wrong.

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Ascendant

I must be incredibly ignorant as I've killed Laethys, but I think warden is bad.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I must be incredibly ignorant as I've killed Laethys, but I think warden is bad.
    No, you're just a giant *** with an ego problem.
    Last edited by Haptiic; 05-31-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Haptiic View Post
    No, you're just a giant *** with an ego problem.
    I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by bashing warden.

The truth hurts?
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-31-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Rift Disciple

I am not against warden in any way, but we use p/s or deep puri's in ID. I used to be a huge fan of warden but puri is so OP in ID I had to switch. Once again I am not against warden, just in ID all our clerics seem to favor puri or senticar builds.
    Last edited by mxdiz; 05-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Why have a sent/ward when you can get the same exact thing with senticar (plus some added DPS, interrupts, and other raid utility)?

A 32 sent senticar will have the same single target healing capability to ward/sent. Also, some senticar builds will have superior aoe healing. Sure your hots are running, but it won't necessarily handle group spike damage. Most warden heals/hots affect 5 people. DoL and HC do 10?

Don't get me wrong, I love ward/sent in PvP. But you can accomplish more with less.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Quote Originally Posted by mxdiz View Post
    I am not against warden in any way, but we use p/s or deep puri's in ID. I used to be a huge fan of warden but puri is so OP in ID I had to switch. Once again I am not against warden, just in ID all our clerics seem to favor puri or senticar builds.
    imho, high puri + senticar/icars are a good way to go. Throw in a cloro too?
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Telaran

>2012
    >Not expecting Ahov to bring hate to a thread about warden

Where have you been for the last year?

Yeah, I have noticed overflow being ****ed in raid instances. Doesn't seem to be affected in dungeons. I really enjoy using warden but in all honesty with ID dps requirements your probably gonna want to run senticars.
    Last edited by Failstorm; 05-31-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    imho, high puri + senticar/icars are a good way to go. Throw in a cloro too?
    We run 1 puri or p/s, senticar, and 1 cholro for most of the mini bosses/trash in ID. Sometimes we add another healer for those stupid los heal debuff guys, but even then we just toss another puri for the shields. HK is one senticar, and one chloro, and some cabicars. Our healers used to be warden fans but once I showed them the OP'ness (get it lol) of the senticar they mainly run that whenever possible.

Shadowlander

please norrath, go back under the ignorant rock you live under. Warden is still viable in every fight, you just have to know how to stack hots. the heals are mostly quicker than in senticar aswell + you have your hots rolling 100% of the time.
    Nothing ignorant about my comments....however I cant say the same for yours. Stacking Hots is exactly the problem with this spec in ID. They take to long to get rolling. I dont know how you you figure that they are quicker then a senticar...please explain that if you could? Didnt mean to hurt your feelings here but the fact of the matter is there is nothing that warden brings to the table that other specs cant do equally as well with added utility.

You cant ST heal in ID effectively, Your AE heals are equal to a senticars with out all the nice CDs or an inquisicar without the ~2500 dps. So tell me again why this spec is good in ID? I gave you Grug in HK because of all the movement on that fight but even that is a stretch now.

in adition to this, you cannot compare a ST healing build to a AoE healing build. the combination of warden and sentinel gives far supperior ST healing and a almost as good AoE healing to what a Senticar will give.
    What? I wasnt comparing a Single target healing spec to warden...i was comparing to icar AE specs. It does however, look like you were trying to compare something, although I cant figure out exactly what you are trying to convey here. Think you raged a little to hard here and lost track of all rational thought.
    Last edited by Norrath; 06-01-2012 at 07:22 AM.

I appreciate the reply Failstorm. It seems like this thread got offtrack a bit here. I realize that some are not big Warden fans and that's fine... to each their own.

For me, Warden/Sent brings much more to the table than my Senticar or Puri/Sent does and I have had no trouble using it for both MT and raid healing in HK ... up to Ituziel in ID. If comparing the "feel" of the two, I find Senticar sluggish at times when a large heal or spot heal is needed.

As far as faster ST heals - Serendipity procs more in Ward/Sent due to hots cast. The Senticar's DPS abilities cannot proc Serendipity so there is that much less an opportunity for it to be up.

In Ward/Sent Serendipity turns Healing Current and Deluge into a .5 sec cast time, or instant cast X5 when combined with Healer's Haste. The fastest Healing Invocation gets in Senticar with the same combo, is a 1.5 sec cast time with Serendipity or .5 sec cast time with both Healers Haste and Serendipity.

In addition, Ward/Sent adds a chance for Overflow 1100-1300 (non-crit) preshield to be added for each heal cast - and there is an even greater chance when using Deluge or Healing Showers.

Proactivley using Orb + Healer's Covenant is typically all I need to build hots after engage. Each time a hot is stacked, there is a good chance of adding Overflow - which is typically enough to keep the tank from spiking out.

AE healing - I feel Wardent excels in short term burst healing (less than 3 min) however, Senticar is better for longer term AE damage. Some parsers do not take into account Heal effectiveness (Overhealing) and relying on HPS is often misleading.

Prophet of Telara

Buff warden for PVE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast